Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 474
  1. #301
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,962
    He is simply not a threat to the elite in Russia.
    Relatively few Russians even know of him. He is certainly no threat to Vlad- but he is a relentless anti-corruption campaigner. He has ruffled quite a few feathers among corrupt oligarchs. It is probably one of them that ordered this amateur hit, only to see his life saved by the Russian government.

  2. #302
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,956
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Relatively few Russians even know of him. He is certainly no threat to Vlad- but he is a relentless anti-corruption campaigner. He has ruffled quite a few feathers among corrupt oligarchs. It is probably one of them that ordered this amateur hit, only to see his life saved by the Russian government.
    Yes, because all good oligarchs keep a chemical weapons plant handy.


  3. #303
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,478
    Nice attempt at deflection . . .

    "Oi Gewalt Vladimir, it's the oligarchs"

  4. #304
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Relatively few Russians even know of him. He is certainly no threat to Vlad- but he is a relentless anti-corruption campaigner. He has ruffled quite a few feathers among corrupt oligarchs. It is probably one of them that ordered this amateur hit, only to see his life saved by the Russian government.
    I could go with Russian freelancers and a lot more, but as things stand can't see Putin behind this one.

    Whatever the outcome if any, Germany should be held accountable not for unilaterally creating aggro with Russia as PH put it, which makes sense as there doesn't seem to be much value to that in the midst of the pandemic, but for their contradictory statements and actions.

  5. #305
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    but he is a relentless anti-corruption campaigner.
    Pity, that he does not concentrate his noble campaign only on the corrupted oligarchs residing in Russia, but also on the ones residing abroad, e.g. in England where are so many speaking his same mother language, stealing billions from Russian people.

    Or once healed successfully in Germany, there are also few of them there he could exercise his investigation on.

    BTW, there is also a case or two against him in connection with some large money debt...

  6. #306
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Pity, that he does not concentrate his noble campaign only on the corrupted oligarchs residing in Russia, but also on the ones residing abroad, e.g. in England where are so many speaking his same mother language, stealing billions from Russian people.
    I agree . . . and they all left and continue to accumulate wealth in Russia . . . all with Putin's blessings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Or once healed successfully in Germany, there are also few of them there he could exercise his investigation on.
    Yes, I also agree . . . though to a lesser degree as the German banking and investment system is a bit more strict than in the UK. Again, though: all with Putin's blessings.

    I don't know if Putin is wealthy or mega-rich or whatever, he doesn't seem the type to love wealth over power, but we shall see what he does when he steps down . . . if ever.



    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I could go with Russian freelancers and a lot more, but as things stand can't see Putin behind this one.
    The thing that speaks against that is the novichok. It's not really freely available. If he would have been gunned down I would agree with you, gangsters or others. Novichok . . . has to be the government, plus they have form.


    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    but for their contradictory statements and actions.
    I've been trying to find them - if you could cnp from a - preferably western - source I'd be grateful

  7. #307
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,956
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I could go with Russian freelancers and a lot more, but as things stand can't see Putin behind this one.
    You can't see Putin being behind an attack on a critic.

    Yeah, because he's never fucking done that shit before, has he?


  8. #308
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,141
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Whatever the outcome if any, Germany should be held accountable
    WT Actual Fuck?

  9. #309
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    You can't see Putin being behind an attack on a critic.

    Yeah, because he's never fucking done that shit before, has he?

    Sure he has, but if he wanted Navalny dead, on Russian soil, the guy would be dead, and not necessarily with novichok which points at the gov; but then have him saved by Russian docs in a Russian hospital, only to send the evidence inside him to Germany in the hope that German doctors don't detect it.

    Whatever Putin may be, I give him more smarts than that.

  10. #310
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,956
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Sure he has, but if he wanted Navalny dead, on Russian soil, the guy would be dead, and not necessarily with novichok which points at the gov; but then have him saved by Russian docs in a Russian hospital, only to send the evidence inside him to Germany in the hope that German doctors don't detect it.

    Whatever Putin may be, I give him more smarts than that.
    Putin.Doesn't.Care

    He's shot down airliners.

    He's had various people killed.

    He's used chemical weapons against critics and opponents.

    He's invaded a sovereign country.

    And he's got away with it all.

    Repeat after me:

    Putin.Doesn't.Care

    And that's the message he's sending to anyone who might oppose him.

    I just find it amazing how people find that hard to comprehend.

  11. #311
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Posts
    7,765
    ^Didn't yesterday somebody list here the many national agencies? Cannot remember which one was it of the abbreviation PUTIN?

  12. #312
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,956
    Except Klondyke of course. He's incapable of comprehending anything.

  13. #313
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Except Klondyke of course. He's incapable of comprehending anything.
    Yeah I remember that. In 2014, the EU was wavering on Russia sanctions. So Putin solved that problem and shot down an airliner.

  14. #314
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,478
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Except Klondyke of course. He's incapable of comprehending anything.
    Parroting yes, comprehending no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Yeah I remember that. In 2014, the EU was wavering on Russia sanctions. So Putin solved that problem and shot down an airliner.
    Does that impress you? Is that respectful?

  15. #315
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,962
    Vlad sure don't dance to our tune, but why should he? That's Imperialism- he ain't yo' biatch Uncle Sam, he is the President of Russia.
    But he sure can rock n roll- and the people of Crimea & the secular citizens of Syria, threatened by that Daesh scum, are very grateful to him for it.

  16. #316
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    Seems Harry has a thing about everyone in political circles,if it ain't the good old USA,does Harry work for the American propaganda websites.

    come on Harry who you working for.?


    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Putin.Doesn't.Care

    He's shot down airliners.

    He's had various people killed.

    He's used chemical weapons against critics and opponents.

    He's invaded a sovereign country.

    And he's got away with it all.

    Repeat after me:

    Putin.Doesn't.Care

    And that's the message he's sending to anyone who might oppose him.

    I just find it amazing how people find that hard to comprehend.

  17. #317
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    come on Harry who you working for.?
    Go away little clown, adults are having a discussion

  18. #318
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    I agree . . . and they all left and continue to accumulate wealth in Russia . . . all with Putin's blessings.

    Yes, I also agree . . . though to a lesser degree as the German banking and investment system is a bit more strict than in the UK. Again, though: all with Putin's blessings.

    I don't know if Putin is wealthy or mega-rich or whatever, he doesn't seem the type to love wealth over power, but we shall see what he does when he steps down . . . if ever.



    The thing that speaks against that is the novichok. It's not really freely available. If he would have been gunned down I would agree with you, gangsters or others. Novichok . . . has to be the government, plus they have form.

    I've been trying to find them - if you could cnp from a - preferably western - source I'd be grateful
    I don't have the links from that long ago, but some would be from Der Speigel and johnhelmer.com or net. Maas won't be coming out of this clean, and his ambitions to lead the SDP have all but evaporated.

    Re: NS2, they're all over the place adding to the confusion with (as expected) different speculative angles, mostly emotive (you shouldn't have done that so whatever I do is ok) and few that look at the real implications. Fex, could Merkel as German driver halt NS2 even if she wanted to, and after having said it was safe from sanctions, without turning the EU into her personal proxy which would have a whopping political checkbin; then the huge legal/economic consequences throughout her part of Europe, and after all that, IF she doesn't back off AND she succeeds in killing the project, how this leaves Germany in matters of trust, esp considering it was her idea to start with. I think that's academic, with emotions giving way to reality, but she's gone next year so one never knows.

  19. #319
    Thailand Expat Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13,119
    Of course Putin doesn't care...he's ex-KGB. Somewhat psychopathic; not exactly a gentle, sensitive soul.
    Last edited by Latindancer; 17-09-2020 at 11:14 AM.

  20. #320
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Seems Harry has a thing about everyone in political circles,if it ain't the good old USA,does Harry work for the American propaganda websites.

    come on Harry who you working for.?
    Haven't you known our Agent Provocateur? Only forgotten to enlighten us what country was meant by "HE'S"...


    Originally Posted by harrybarracuda (Russias Navalny in coma in ICU after alleged poisoning)
    He's shot down airliners.

    He's had various people killed.

    He's used chemical weapons against critics and opponents.

    He's invaded a sovereign country.

    And he's got away with it all.


  21. #321
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Haven't you known our Agent Provocateur?
    You're speaking of yourself, clearly

  22. #322
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,956
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Vlad sure don't dance to our tune, but why should he? That's Imperialism- he ain't yo' biatch Uncle Sam, he is the President of Russia.
    But he sure can rock n roll- and the people of Crimea & the secular citizens of Syria, threatened by that Daesh scum, are very grateful to him for it.
    He's a thief, a murderer and a despot.

    Why wouldn't a fucking moron like you applaud that?

  23. #323
    Thailand Expat HermantheGerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Location
    Germany/Satthahip
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Putin would have had it done right.

    Look what Putin has accomplished these last 20 years. Nothing! He is a master of propaganda and those dumb ass Russians are too weak to get rid of him. Maybe you should start a thread with "Russian lives matter". These idiots get shot in the back and don't even care or know who did it.

    Just imagine China would have all those natural resources that Russia has.
    Well then again, "Thank You Putin" for being so god dam stupid.

  24. #324
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by HermantheGerman View Post
    Look what Putin has accomplished these last 20 years. Nothing!
    And that, after the utmost effort of Jelcin and Gorbatchov to bring Russia with their empty shelves down to knees...

    That's also why his party achieved the majority in almost all regional elections this weekend, followed by communists...

  25. #325
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    Of course Putin doesn't care...he's ex-KGB. Somewhat psychopathic; not exactly a gentle, sensitive soul.
    Trying to think of a sensitive soul that makes it to the Kremlin, best I've come up with is Stalin, but he was a bit oversensitive.


Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •