Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 474
  1. #101
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    If they had video of Vlad poisoning people, our resident whackjobs would still not believe it.
    ...says our expert on conspiracy theories he has to fight against many - despite the famous videos...

    Anyway, Vlad - with his FSB Boys - has to learn still a lot how to assassinate during a live TV broadcast...

  2. #102
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,320
    I wonder what Klondyke's drivel would mean in English

  3. #103
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,051
    I'd sooner wonder if clouds tasted pink on the insides during a Tuesday mass service.

  4. #104
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,781
    I personally would not vote to ban you OhOh (for what it's worth) An alternative view is good, but your absolute refusal to see the blindingly obvious mistakes of your "boys" is why virtually no one on TD take you seriously apart from a couple of conspiracy theorists and your knob polisher.
    By all means show the other sides mistakes etc. but acknowledging the flaws on your own side of the political spectrum would give you at least some credibility with the few on TD that can look from a reasonably balanced viewpoint. Try referencing from a balanced new source, not RT or CGN. There are some out there and before you deflect, no not Fox Cnn etc.

  5. #105
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,320
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    I'd sooner wonder if clouds tasted pink on the insides during a Tuesday mass service.
    Tuesday? You're keen . . . Most unusual for us is Friday evening


    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I personally would not vote to ban you OhOh
    A red herring for support, but no, of course not



    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    By all means show the other sides mistakes etc. but acknowledging the flaws on your own side of the political spectrum would give you at least some credibility
    Everyone here criticises one or more aspects of their and others' negatives (in terms of country) except OhOh and Klondyke who are simply apologists and divert when confronted with facts.
    FFS, if the discussion is Putin and poisoning people, China and unfair practices then don't reply with how bad something is in other countries, almost all the time the US . . . oh, and Nazi Germany when they're being particularly fuckwitted.

    Latest and greatest example being Sweden's increased military budget to address baltic dominance by Russia . . . Klondyke's comment? Sweden should have thought of a military budget in 1940.
    It's just amazing

  6. #106
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,600
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Everyone here criticises one or more aspects of their and others' negatives (in terms of country) except OhOh and Klondyke who are simply apologists and divert when confronted with facts.
    Everyone.

    I post information and news articles from Chines, Asian, and western sources when I feel they are relevant and feel my limited knowledge may be illustrative.

    There are many here on TD who do not, focusing on their "home" country.

    I refrain from many threads, as I am not willing to post on subjects of which I have limited knowledge. When I do they are rightly answered/destroyed with those with more knowledge.

    As I have said many times. I saw many years ago, a Thai/Asian centric site full of to me interesting topics, but with little "information/news from Asian countries. Sure there were very, very useful "ex-pat" experience topics, along with Asian articles penned by non Asian outlets with a non-Asian perspective.

    I try to balance that imbalance and post all in one thread. The concentration allows those who have tasted "Eurasian Topics" and have found it not to their taste. Time to some of us is not to be wasted, for others it's an enjoyable/available usage of it

    If however topics on Asia are introduced under the general Thai/Asia News heading. Of which the main provider is MK, who is increasing the Asian produced topics which I have applauded. I join that thread with of course my own opinions and backup sources.

    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    except OhOh and .... divert when confronted with facts.
    I don't believe I have ever apologised for posting information or facts from published sources. They are what they are. I do apologise is I have posted a reply with the wrong source/quote/image.

    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    divert when confronted with facts.
    When the "facts" are "illustrating" one countries actions and suggesting they are extreme/unusual, a balancing "fact" to another's usage, places a comparative perspective. Some here on TD may then consider one against the other.

    If that is in your and others opinion a "diversion" and "confrontation", as opposed to an inability/desire to discus, continue the ineffective accusations.

    To my mind it's a sign of weakness in your/their own arguments/facts/opinions.
    Last edited by OhOh; 27-08-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  7. #107
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    I post information and news articles from Chines, Asian, and western sources when I feel they are relevant and feel my limited knowledge may be illustrative.
    When reading the comments under MSM in Germany (are they non-state?) reporting about the poisoning, there is not one that agrees with the generous "help" of Frau Merkel contrasting with the inadequate care for millions of German poor population.

    (BTW, it was quite apparent on the footage when the cordon of few ambulances (was the body divided in them?) with accompanied police cars and motorcycles arriving to the Charite hospital, an old grandmother trudging and pushing a wheel walker, also entering the hospital, however, without any concern of the staff around...)

  8. #108
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,810
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Everyone.

    I post information and news articles from Chines, Asian, and western sources when I feel they are relevant and feel my limited knowledge may be illustrative.
    No you don't, you post chinky and Russian government propaganda, sprinkled with fake blogs churned out by Russian troll factories pretending to be independent opinion pieces.

    You muppet.

  9. #109
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,320
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    I post information and news articles from Chines, Asian, and western sources when I feel they are relevant and feel my limited knowledge may be illustrative.

    There are many here on TD who do not, focusing on their "home" country.
    Bullshit. You post what chides the 'west' and praises China and Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    I am not willing to post on subjects of which I have limited knowledge.
    Yet somehow it is always 'ameristan' . . . hypocrite.and speaking of which:

    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    there is not one that agrees with the generous "help" of Frau Merkel
    Then you should read more

  10. #110
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,810
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    I don't believe I have ever apologised for posting information or facts from published sources. They are what they are. I do apologise is I have posted a reply with the wrong source/quote/image.
    You should apologise for posting Russian propaganda published under the guise of an imaginary Bangkok-based blogger.

  11. #111
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    No you don't, you post chinky and Russian government propaganda, sprinkled with fake blogs churned out by Russian troll factories pretending to be independent opinion pieces.

    You muppet.
    So we are back to this eh ? You really seem to believe that the Russian Federation has zero legitimacy. That is genocidal lunacy. You are a genocidal lunatic

  12. #112
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    You really seem to believe that the Russian Federation has zero legitimacy.
    FFS, context . . . try it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    lunatic
    The irony is palpable

  13. #113
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,903
    Bullshit. You post what chides the 'west' and praises China and Russia
    I make a point of reading both sides propaganda. But of course, you can just watch Fox instead. Fair and balanced.

  14. #114
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    So we are back to this eh ? You really seem to believe that the Russian Federation has zero legitimacy. That is genocidal lunacy. You are a genocidal lunatic
    Yep, still doesn't know what non sequitur means.

    Thick twat.

  15. #115
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Yep, still doesn't know what non sequitur means.

    Thick twat.
    On the contrary. I am calling out YOUR non sequiter.

    You say that all Russian media , the government , TV, bloggers , reporters ect are unacceptable. Nothing they say can be taken seriously. And that is where your argument ends.

    The only way your argument can't be a non sequiter, is if you believe that the Russian Federation has zero legitimacy.

  16. #116
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    The only way your argument can't be a non sequiter, is if you believe that the Russian Federation has zero legitimacy.
    Eh? Dude . . . never go full retard!



    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Nothing they say can be taken seriously. And that is where your argument ends.
    Not at all.

    I believe this, among any other articles:

    Saudi Arabia sees oil revenues plunge in JuneThe value of Saudi Arabia’s oil exports plunged by 54.8 percent year over year in June, or by US$8.7 billion (32.6 billion Saudi riyals), data from Saudi Arabia’s General Authority for Statistics showed on Wednesday.
    Aug 27, 2020 09:48
    Business news — RT International


    Well done Pravda . . . err . . . RT


    In one fell swoop your argument is destroyed

  17. #117
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Eh? Dude . . . never go full retard!




    Not at all.

    I believe this, among any other articles:



    Business news — RT International


    Well done Pravda . . . err . . . RT


    In one fell swoop your argument is destroyed
    What the actual fuck ? This is Harry's argument. You can't map yourself onto it. Harry would not have read the RT article because it's RT. So my argument still stands

    He believes Russia has zero legitimacy. Which is fine. But that's how genocides happen

  18. #118
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Harry would not have read the RT article because it's RT. So my argument still stands
    How do you know?
    He will read the article . . . therefore your argument is invalid


    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    He believes Russia has zero legitimacy. Which is fine. But that's how genocides happen
    Holy Jaysus . . .

  19. #119
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    He believes Russia has zero legitimacy. Which is fine. But that's how genocides happen
    Russias Navalny in coma in ICU after alleged poisoning-tenor-gif

  20. #120
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,051

  21. #121
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    He believes Russia has zero legitimacy. Which is fine. But that's how genocides happen
    Genocides? Are you suggesting that Russia will not only poison a few antagonists but a whole country?

  22. #122
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    He believes Russia has zero legitimacy. Which is fine. But that's how genocides happen
    Anybody who does not speak what harry likes (and his cohorts either) does have "zero legitimacy". After all, isn't it usual in "democracy"?

  23. #123
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Anybody who does not speak what harry likes (and his cohorts either) does have "zero legitimacy". After all, isn't it usual in "democracy"?
    I think what you conveniently fail to understand is that we in the west know that some news outlets are biased. Fox news although a large news organisation in the USA would be ridiculed for its bias by most Americans on this forum, even though it would appear to be a big supporter of all things American. R.T. is just a more pro government propaganda news site than even Fox. At least fox has criticised the President on the odd occasion, something RT would not dream of, but please post any anti Putin news from RT to prove me wrong.

  24. #124
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    At least fox has criticised the President on the odd occasion, something RT would not dream of, but please post any anti Putin news from RT to prove me wrong.
    What is currently happening with the US media and the people behind them - not to speaking about the other party dealing (impeachment, Russiagate, witch hunt, etc) - is almost a state coup against their president, dividing the country that is already in pretty big turmoil - not speaking about the virus that discovered all the week points - all the results are speaking for themselves.

    So, such "criticising of the President", what country would be so stupid to do it like this?

  25. #125
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    On the contrary. I am calling out YOUR non sequiter.

    You say that all Russian media , the government , TV, bloggers , reporters ect are unacceptable. Nothing they say can be taken seriously. And that is where your argument ends.

    The only way your argument can't be a non sequiter, is if you believe that the Russian Federation has zero legitimacy.
    It's quite a jumbled mess in that little half empty head of yours, isn't it?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •