Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3335363738394041424344454647484950515393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2772

Thread: Breakfast

  1. #1051
    The Familyman Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    You can take the lad out of the council house

    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap View Post
    dark chocolate.
    How far out of date can chocolate be before it goes bad?


  2. #1052
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    31-12-2019 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,615
    Chocolate NEVER goes out of date..... if you eat it fast enough. That's just changes in temperature that has caused that. Hot container then into a fridge in the shop will white it every time.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  3. #1053
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    7,377
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Chocolate NEVER goes out of date..... if you eat it fast enough. That's just changes in temperature that has caused that. Hot container then into a fridge in the shop will white it every time.

    Never took to chocolate. It could cease to exist tomorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep.

    The masses have been easily fooled and hoodwinked anyway - the overwhelmingly greater percentage of the everyday commercial, and even the so called high-end variety, chocolate really isn't chocolate in it's purest form - not even close. What we've done to a great food is abysmal, yet typical of all false foods and not even real versions of said foods.


    Wanna witness the real process and use cacao, one needs to mingle with the traditional folks of southern Mexico and Central America.

  4. #1054
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    19-11-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by HuangLao View Post
    Wanna witness the real process and use cacao, one needs to mingle with the traditional folks of southern Mexico and Central America.
    ... and you have never tasted real curry until you have been lying in a Mumbai gutter with a donkey pissing over you. There are some real "Zubes" on this forum, for sure.

  5. #1055
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by HuangLao View Post
    Wanna witness the real process and use cacao, one needs to mingle with the traditional folks of southern Mexico and Central America.
    Total fail again by the clueless wannabe

    No need to fly to the other side of the world and mingle with locals in some jungle of fucking Mexico, Cacao and its products can be found in Thailand.
    https://www.facebook.com/CleanChocolate/

  6. #1056
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Posts
    17,756
    ^ right up there with maple syrup..

  7. #1057
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by HuangLao View Post
    Never took to chocolate. It could cease to exist tomorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep.

    The masses have been easily fooled and hoodwinked anyway - the overwhelmingly greater percentage of the everyday commercial, and even the so called high-end variety, chocolate really isn't chocolate in it's purest form - not even close. What we've done to a great food is abysmal, yet typical of all false foods and not even real versions of said foods.


    Wanna witness the real process and use cacao, one needs to mingle with the traditional folks of southern Mexico and Central America.
    Get a Snickers in you

  8. #1058
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Location
    on the corner of dusty and dustier
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Total fail again by the clueless wannabe

    No need to fly to the other side of the world and mingle with locals in some jungle of fucking Mexico, Cacao and its products can be found in Thailand.
    https://www.facebook.com/CleanChocolate/
    Saw heaps of cacao being grown in Sumatra. The leading producers I believe are in West Africa (Ivory Coast being the biggest producer).

    To conclude, FOJ.
    Pues, aquí estamos.

    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

  9. #1059
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Posts
    17,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    Get a Snickers in you
    Not really chocolate per se...

  10. #1060
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    31-12-2019 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,615
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    per se
    Fantastic restaurant. I never managed to get to the French Laundry but close enough.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  11. #1061
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    7,377
    And still, the dumbing down has a firm grasp here.

    Obvious.



  12. #1062
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,138
    ^Jeff do you ever wonder what it would be like to not get caught out talking total bullshit and be told to fuck off?. Well keep wondering, and fuck off while you're doing that.

  13. #1063
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,138
    Just felt like a pastry or two as a side to this mornings coffee.
    Breakfast-20181127_084255-jpg

    *Note to Dill, if you go early in the morning there's no rent-boys trying to sign on as your Proctologist. Or you can keep going in the evenings.
    It's not really about the pastries for you is it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breakfast-20181127_084255-jpg  

  14. #1064
    The Familyman Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    30,957
    Who you kidding mate? We all know that massage shop closes at 9am

    HW putting the puff back into pastry since 8am

  15. #1065
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Who you kidding mate? We all know that massage shop closes at 9am
    We?. Have you got a mouse in your pocket? .

    Seriously though, that French guy knows how to knock out some ridiculously good bakery items. That (whatever-it's-called) with cheese at the top of the pic, there's quite possibly no better side to a good cup of coffee than that.

  16. #1066
    Thailand Expat
    BoganInParasite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Location
    Northern Thailand
    Posts
    1,780
    Slept in to 6:15am. After coffee in bed told the wife I couldn't face cooking myself anything. She cycled down to the market and returned with Thai donuts and condensed milk. Diet restarts tomorrow.

  17. #1067
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    9,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    How far out of date can chocolate be before it goes bad?

    Actually ... it's the humidity what whitens and dulls the chocolate. Or water contamination.

    I used to own a chocolate factory

    Truth be known, I used to own a small factory and the tenant was a chocolate maker, so, over the years,
    I learnt a bit.

    Being a Bloke, I just wished it been a craft Beer Factory
    “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”

  18. #1068
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    31-12-2019 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,615
    Never knew that Dave mate. Does kind of suck heh? In the factory I half own with my brother, it a plumbing equipment business that rents it. I was holding out for some seedy bastard to want it for an out of town strip club or knocking shop.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  19. #1069
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,030



  20. #1070
    Thailand Expat
    qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Location
    Not far from Ratchada.
    Posts
    1,049
    I just ate breakfast... this is the 21st century... so... here is a picture of it!

    Breakfast-img_20181201_085924-jpg

    Scrambled eggs with cheese, crispy bacon, a croissant & what Villa Market calls a chorizo (it's not 100% authentic, but it's not bad.)

    She added a second croissant for the pic & then took it away when I started eating!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breakfast-img_20181201_085924-jpg  

  21. #1071
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,311
    The hello kitty tablecloth is a bit pliesesque.

  22. #1072
    Thailand Expat
    ShrewedPunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,351


    Porridge, crossiant n eggs

  23. #1073
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Should be jailed for life.. do not pass go...
    Posts
    8,918
    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap View Post
    Same as always for me. Porridge, unmilled oats, over which I sprinkle half a punnet of blueberries, walnuts and two squares of 90 per cent dark chocolate.
    I'm calling Gay on that unless

    Breakfast-chocci-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breakfast-chocci-jpg  

  24. #1074
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    18,384
    ^^ Back in Russia, Punty?
    Nev has style

  25. #1075
    I'm not in jail...3-2-1. Jack meoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    momo's Y-fronts
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrewedPunter View Post
    Porridge, crossiant n eggs
    Croissant
    You sure?

    Looks like one of them joke turds.

    Eggs look nice, is it eggs benedict?

Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3335363738394041424344454647484950515393 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •