Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 170
  1. #76
    Busy gal
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Still waiting for hard evidence she's innocent.
    Yes, I am as well, I was speaking to BS who keeps saying she is guilty and going on about it.

  2. #77
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Posts
    5,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Did you just add the Duplo fire engine part for an example/joke ?
    Nope. Done my research.

    Expat in Koh Samui Prison on drug charges, nearly ,000 raised to get her out-socal-jpg
    Last edited by Bogon; 25-10-2020 at 10:03 AM. Reason: add photo

  3. #78
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Posts
    5,087
    ...Just to add.

    Fairplay for using the toy. Had a look to see what weight it was, and amazingly, it is .55 pounds (249.476 grams).

    LEGO DUPLO Town Fire Truck 10901 Building Blocks, 2019 (21 Pieces): Amazon.com.au: Toys ... Manufacturer's Suggested Maximum Weight, 0.55 Pounds.

  4. #79
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    May well have been a cop/customs guy who made that particular delivery.
    Can you imagine what happens when the cop confesses in court that the girl signed for the package not by own will but because he insisted on it..

  5. #80
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Posts
    14,617
    You have a bizarre grasp of the world.

    No court in the world is going to believe the word of an unformed itinerant waif living in precarious circumstances in favour of a professional law enforcement officer who has established a chain of evidence linking the girl with the crime.

    " He forced me to sign, he said if I didn't the world would end and I would be deported for not signing for a delivery...." for fuck's sake. Yep, happened all the time to me in my previous rental condos. Fucking queue a mile long every morning with FedEx, UPS, Kerry and the Royal Thai mail couriers all lined up by my postbox demanding I have to sign for the mail for Tiddlypongpatpalloptwat who rented the gaff three years before I moved in.

    Are you drinking early Lom?"

  6. #81
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    Nope. Done my research.

    Expat in Koh Samui Prison on drug charges, nearly ,000 raised to get her out-socal-jpg

    forSocal.jpg haha

    Good eye TDCSI agent Bogon
    Last edited by Backspin; 25-10-2020 at 11:12 AM.

  7. #82
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    You have a bizarre grasp of the world.

    No court in the world is going to believe the word of an unformed itinerant waif living in precarious circumstances in favour of a professional law enforcement officer who has established a chain of evidence linking the girl with the crime.

    " He forced me to sign, he said if I didn't the world would end and I would be deported for not signing for a delivery...." for fuck's sake. Yep, happened all the time to me in my previous rental condos. Fucking queue a mile long every morning with FedEx, UPS, Kerry and the Royal Thai mail couriers all lined up by my postbox demanding I have to sign for the mail for Tiddlypongpatpalloptwat who rented the gaff three years before I moved in.

    Are you drinking early Lom?"

    He seems to be mesmerized by her rather ordinary looks.

  8. #83
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,055
    Good summary from a comment

    It seems the latest news is that her bail was supposedly denied yesterday (no reason given). They say she can start receiving visitors on Monday.

    Basically 3 different stories going around now.
    1) She was/had been and English teacher and was working in that restaurant (Restaurant posts by the "owner" and on Ashley's FB page).
    2) She was an English Teacher and opened the restaurant herself (Thaiger article).
    3) She was a backpacker and working in a bar (Stickboy article since removed).

    The police found other packages in her apartment or the police didn't find anything in her house "on a hill".

    The "real" owner of the restaurant claims to have "seen all the evidence" but notes "I am in Ukraine attending MEDICAL SCHOOL." (His caps.)
    (Uh huh - and how exactly would that person have been able to see "all of the evidence" in that case ? He says he hired the attorneys but would that be legal for those attorneys to show him the evidence ? Not so sure about that.)

    That same person claims Ashley never even had a work permit until a week before the fiasco began. (And claims that the International School must have been paying the teachers in cash.)
    So she would have been working illegally at the school for nearly 2 years and then at the restaurant since July.
    All without a bank account even.

    Note: The "real" owner is a guy from Atlanta, Georgia (America). Who is in the Ukraine to attend medical school. Who apparently bought the business from the South African that the parcel was addressed to.

    It seems she got her TEFL certification on Koh Samui - in April 2018. However her Facebook notes "started new job. 2017 - Teacher". I think it was supposed to be 2018 as the post notes it was posted in March (a month before getting her TEFL certificate).
    Her FB notes she left the job in 2019.

    The restaurant apparently opened last July (on the 4th of course).

  9. #84
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Basically 3 different stories going around now.
    1) She was/had been and English teacher and was working in that restaurant (Restaurant posts by the "owner" and on Ashley's FB page).

    So she would have been working illegally at the school for nearly 2 years and then at the restaurant since July.
    All without a bank account even.

    It seems she got her TEFL certification on Koh Samui - in April 2018. However her Facebook notes "started new job. 2017 - Teacher". I think it was supposed to be 2018 as the post notes it was posted in March (a month before getting her TEFL certificate).
    Her FB notes she left the job in 2019.

    The restaurant apparently opened last July (on the 4th of course).
    Her FB home-page says she worked at a school on Samui from 2018 to 2019 and that she worked at the restaurant on Samui from January 2020 to present.

  10. #85
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,927
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Innocent until found guilty also applies to her, the only thing she's been proven guilty of is signing for someone elses package.
    She appears to have been proven guilty of signing for (and taking ownership of) a package of illegal drugs. Am I missing something?

    What isn't proven is that she knew she was doing it.

  11. #86
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,023
    If the accused was Nigerian, or a big fat ugly bint with tattoos, we would not even be debating guilt.

    Kinda funny how a good looking girl evokes sympathy and presumption of innocence from the white knights of TD

  12. #87
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Posts
    14,617
    Where did the package come from?

  13. #88
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They have drug detection at the central post office, probably picked up this package and then followed it to its destination.

    It wouldn't have been random. See who picks it up and then raid their pad to see if you can find other evidence is pretty standard.

    Not enough in this one report to say what they found.
    We get deliveries every day for other people at our shop. It works quite well, there is always someone there to receive it while people are at work, away from home or whatever. Then when they come to collect it they usually buy a drink or whatever.

  14. #89
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post

    awful island. awful people.
    ......awful society, awful country.

  15. #90
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Her FB home-page says she worked at a school on Samui from 2018 to 2019 and that she worked at the restaurant on Samui from January 2020 to present.
    Kindergarten teacher teaching the kids at an international school/daycare which color of crayon is the right one for coloring the sun in the coloring book.
    Don't need a higher cert than TEFL to do that.
    She has been working at the restaurant since it opened under its new name late January this year.

    There is nothing binding her, the restaurant, or the restaurants owner to drugs according to people I know in a nearby restaurant.
    Nothing but an arriving parcel addressed to the previous owner which she signed for.
    May the bridges I burn light my way

    There is no plan for no deal because we're going to get a great deal - Boris Johnson in HoC 11 July 2017

  16. #91
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Are you drinking early Lom?
    Is that your best guess?

  17. #92
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,818
    whether she was in on it or not, she signed for it.....i'm not well versed on thai drug possession laws (thankfully), but i wouldn't be surprised if that makes her responsible for the contents of the package.

    however, there does seem to be a lot reasonable doubt as to her involvement.

    my guess is that in the end somebody is going to get paid in cash, and she's going to be deported.

  18. #93
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    whether she was in on it or not, she signed for it.....i'm not well versed on thai drug possession laws (thankfully), but i wouldn't be surprised if that makes her responsible for the contents of the package.

    however, there does seem to be a lot reasonable doubt as to her involvement.
    The legal system in Thailand seems to place some importance on intentions. If she can pursuade the cops/the court that she had no knowledge of the contents of the package and had no illegal or immoral intentions, she might get off any drugs charge.

  19. #94
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post

    If she can pursuade the cops/the court that she had no knowledge of the contents of the package and had no illegal or immoral intentions, she might get off any drugs charge.

    The trouble is, they all say that.

  20. #95
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,452
    If she can pursuade the cops/the court that she had no knowledge of the contents of the package and had no illegal or immoral intentions, she might get off any drugs charge.
    no local court, presided over by a local judge and by local officials is going to find an accused foreigner innocent after they has been investigated, arrested and prosecuted by the local police who seem already to have enough evidence to prove her guilt.

    samui is an incestuous little fiefdom where the loss of face that would be suffered by the local police if she were freed by the local judge would be unacceptable.

    on samui just as everywhere in thailand, face must be saved at all costs and the tasty little minx will be slaughtered on the altar of samuis warped judicial procedure, familial ties and the demands of face in order to achieve that.

    in order to gain her freedom, she will either have to pay up, and the authorities on samui will be rubbing their sweaty little hands with glee as they watch the gofundme cash register clocking up the donations every day, or plead guilty and hope for a lenient sentence.

    when a suitable amount has been donated, enough to satisfy the lawyers, police etc, then the negotiations can begin for her freedom.

    otherwise she is looking at eating pussy in suratthanis jail for the next few years.
    Last edited by taxexile; 25-10-2020 at 04:18 PM.

  21. #96
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Hasn't TDI solved this yet?

    Socal - I have not been "cucked" by anyone. PErhaps you do not understand what that means.

    Anyway, her boyfriend looks like a typical low grade trailer trash druggy so I now agree with Socal. Conversation would be "Heh babe, lets send the drug in the old owners name so if we are caught we blame them". Look at his finger nails. They are fingernail jammed full of DRUGS. Dirty bastard.

    Meet Triss Nepps as seen on the below bottom left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    Nope. Done my research.

    Expat in Koh Samui Prison on drug charges, nearly ,000 raised to get her out-socal-jpg


    search for him on FB and what do you find listed next to him?




    Coincidence? I think not.

    The person that the package was address too, Dave Rensburg, seemed to be a little down on his luck in April



    Selling a load of knocked off from a bar stuff for coins. Proper desperate that is. Note the postcode, and also that he has completely disappeared from FB as well. I've tracked him down though and if anyone wants his phone number to give him a call I will pass it on.

  22. #97
    Thailand Expat HermantheGerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    25-11-2020 @ 02:30 AM
    Location
    Germany/Satthahip
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    May well have been a cop/customs guy who made that particular delivery.

    The girl is bang to rights.
    Spot on. Nothing unusual for the police to let the package be delivered. Tactical reasons and arrest will be made later.

  23. #98
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,927
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    no local court, presided over by a local judge and by local officials is going to find an accused foreigner innocent after they has been investigated, arrested and prosecuted by the local police who seem already to have enough evidence to prove her guilt.

    samui is an incestuous little fiefdom where the loss of face that would be suffered by the local police if she were freed by the local judge would be unacceptable.

    on samui just as everywhere in thailand, face must be saved at all costs and the tasty little minx will be slaughtered on the altar of samuis warped judicial procedure, familial ties and the demands of face in order to achieve that.

    in order to gain her freedom, she will either have to pay up, and the authorities on samui will be rubbing their sweaty little hands with glee as they watch the gofundme cash register clocking up the donations every day, or plead guilty and hope for a lenient sentence.

    when a suitable amount has been donated, enough to satisfy the lawyers, police etc, then the negotiations can begin for her freedom.

    otherwise she is looking at eating pussy in suratthanis jail for the next few years.
    I think you're right, they will wait until the gofundme levels off and then set the cake tin accordingly.

  24. #99
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,927
    It seems "stickboy" wrote a scathing and incriminating post which he has now removed from his website after this was posted:

    I saw this absolute farce of a post and have already contacted the author about it but will post here what I sent him. 1) There is NO confession. There will not BE a confession. I am the one who has hired her attorneys and I have seen ALL the evidence and there is no confession - there is a statement which reiterates her complete and utter innocence. So your article headline is complete falsehood.

    2) There were not 4 other boxes of drugs found. There were two toy boxes which contained toys in the store room which are there and have been there since the shop was opened to provide toys for children who eat at our restaurant. We also have a library there for adults and a ring-toss game for all ages.

    3) Ashley does not run a bar - she manages the front of house operations for a breakfast and brunch restaurant of which I am the owner.

    4) Ashley does not even have a bank account so please explain how she can order anything, let alone drugs, online? I go further - a complete investigation of her financial records and bank statements for our company have shown and will show absolutely no illicit transactions and certainly not enough transactions to allow for a package of 250 grams worth of drugs to be purchased.

    5) She leaves her drugs under stones in a park? This was the biggest joke of all. What park? What stones? She lives in a house on a hill that you can only reach by a dirt path and is not close to anyone. Your article is complete slander and tomorrow if you have not updated it you can expect to hear from my lawyer on charges of slander.

    6) Her drug test was NEGATIVE.

    7) NO DRUGS OR ILLICIT MATERIALS were found at her house or her work place OTHER THAN the unopened parcel address to Dave Rensburg who is the South African that I bought the business from and who used to be our very good friend.

    8) The delivery man pressured for her to sign this package WHILE she was serving customers DURING her shift and when she SAW IT WAS addressed to someone she has known for years she simply signed her name, put the package down, and got back to work before awhile later the police raided the shop where they found nothing else at all. 9) There is no Ukraine/UK connection. I am in Ukraine attending MEDICAL SCHOOL. There was a package sent to Dave Resnburg from the UK. The two have NOTHING in common.
    From Facebook: "Hotinthebiscuit"

  25. #100
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,927
    And:

    Author
    Hot in the Biscuit
    So far bail has been denied. We are retrying daily until we can get one. When we have further news we will share. Ashley will be able to begin recieving visitors this Monday if anyone would like to go to see her.




Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •