Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 364
  1. #276
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,883
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    Who else has copies of it? what have we not seen yet?<most of it. how much is there? is any of it criminal?
    About time someone put a lid on it,no?
    We just finished a special council after 2 years and 40 million dollars over a dossier that was Russian misinformation, why not go again.
    Of course it's criminal (or was). He admitted his problem and entered a treatment programme.

    As for Russian disinformation, it is a proven fact.

    All they are doing is investigating what the Russians are doing this time, and I rather think a witless Giulani has handed it to them on a plate, thinking he's too clever for them.

    He could be looking at jail time himself when there is a functioning DoJ again.

  2. #277
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,933
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    He could be looking at jail time himself when there is a functioning DoJ again.
    Let us hope.

  3. #278
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,090
    Hunter business partner statement.

  4. #279
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,816
    “Hard to imagine as stark of a difference between the news side and opinion side of the Wall Street Journal than the two pieces that will run tomorrow on Hunter Biden’s venture in China. Read them in this order:”


    -- NEWS: “Hunter Biden’s Ex-Business Partner Alleges Father Knew About Venture,” by Andrew Duehren and James Areddy: “The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.”


    -- OPINION: “The Biden ‘Family Legacy,’” by Kimberley Strassel: “[A] former business partner of Hunter Biden’s has come forward to provide the ugly details of the ‘family brand.’ Tony Bobulinski, a Navy veteran and institutional investor, has provided the Journal emails and text messages associated with his time as CEO of Sinohawk Holdings, a venture between the Bidens and CEFC China Energy, a Shanghai-based conglomerate. That correspondence corroborates and expands on emails recently published by the New York Post, which says they come from a Hunter laptop.”
    pathetic.

  5. #280
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,977
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    Hunter business partner statement.
    BS... He was planning to do business with H.Biden in 2017 but the deal never happened.

    This lies is falling apart.

  6. #281
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,977
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    Hard to imagine as stark of a difference between the news side and opinion side of the Wall Street Journal than the two pieces that will run tomorrow on Hunter Biden’s venture in China. Read them in this order:”


    -- NEWS: “Hunter Biden’s Ex-Business Partner Alleges Father Knew About Venture,” by Andrew Duehren and James Areddy: “The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.”


    -- OPINION: “The Biden ‘Family Legacy,’” by Kimberley Strassel: “[A] former business partner of Hunter Biden’s has come forward to provide the ugly details of the ‘family brand.’ Tony Bobulinski, a Navy veteran and institutional investor, has provided the Journal emails and text messages associated with his time as CEO of Sinohawk Holdings, a venture between the Bidens and CEFC China Energy, a Shanghai-based conglomerate. That correspondence corroborates and expands on emails recently published by the New York Post, which says they come from a Hunter laptop.”
    pathetic.
    "WSJ OPINION: Hunter Biden and Joe Biden are criminals.

    WSJ NEWS: Our newspaper is full of shit."

  7. #282
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,977
    a venture between the Bidens and CEFC China Energy, a Shanghai-based conglomerate.
    There was no venture, Bobulinski never did any business with Hunter Biden.

    Bobulinski claims that Joe Biden somehow profited from a partnership with Hunter that never existed.

    Bobulinski claims to be CEO of Sinohawk Holdings and that Joe Biden had an ownership stake in the company but offers no proof other than an email in which Joe Biden is allegedly referred to as "the big guy" -- if Joe Biden had an ownership stake, why wouldn't the CEO have actual proof of this.

    Even if he did have an ownership stake it would be worth zero because no business was ever done and it was all during 2017 when he wasn't in office or a candidate so it wouldn't have been illegal.



    All this is a stupid smear job for stupid people.

  8. #283
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,933
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    All this is a stupid smear job for stupid people.
    It is apparent that desperation appears to be setting in.

  9. #284
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,816
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    All this is a stupid smear job for stupid people.
    they figure that it worked in 2016, so they're trying it again.

    but most voters have wised up to the trump playbook of constant disingenuousness.

  10. #285
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    1,225
    trump is panicking, he will throw everything against the wall and see what sticks, but he does not realise that it is having the opposite effect.
    Even if Hunter is guilty as hell , people don't care, they care that their lives get better. If they cared they would have plenty to say about Ivanca, Jared, and Junior.
    They realise that, Even if Hunter was guilty as hell, he was dragged in the public square, and burned at the stake, ir would not improve their lives one Iota. What will improve their lives is what Biden addressed, and what trump failed to do,
    Their health, their wealth, and their happiness.
    -Fix covid and Health insurance. , did you all noticed a small comment Biden made ? "everyone who had covid has a pre-existing condition" ????
    -Get the economy running again without killing us.
    -Bring the country together again and make us happy
    Healthy , Happy ,and Wealthy, should be Biden's Moto.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  11. #286
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,164
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    It is apparent that desperation appears to be setting in.
    Ya think. Walks out into serious, as he would say very serious legal and financial problems. These will not go away as Nixon's did when he headed off for San Clemente. No pardons to be issued. Again knock on wood.

  12. #287
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
    Healthy , Happy ,and Wealthy, should be Biden's Moto.



  13. #288
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Posts
    7,884
    ^Yes we (s)can...

  14. #289
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,933
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    These will not go away as Nixon's did when he headed off for San Clemente. No pardons to be issued. Again knock on wood.
    Unless he resigns between now and January. I think he will after he loses the election so that that stiff Pence can pardon him. He will still have to face the state charges though.

  15. #290

  16. #291
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,933
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    im starting to feel sorry for Hunter.
    I would say I feel sorry for you but I don't. You are the portrait geezer idiot who supports this orange moron and swallows all the talking points like a lemming.

  17. #292
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The FBI and DOJ has been asked and refused to comment because of an ongoing investigation. An investigation into RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION
    yeah right, whatever you say.
    BREAKING: DOJ, FBI Confirm Hunter Biden Laptop Is NOT Part Of ‘Russian Disinformation Campaign,’ Reports Say | The Daily Wire

  18. #293
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,977
    All this is a stupid smear job for stupid people.
    Hi deeks, I see you!

  19. #294
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Hi deeks, I see you!
    Hello antsy

  20. #295
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Why? Why didn't Giuliani have his lawyer hand it directly to the DOJ in the first place instead of the NYP?
    did you listen to what the computer shop owner said? he gave the laptop to the fbi and a copy to guilianie;s lawyer.

  21. #296
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,094
    LOL.....amazing.

    I would remind trump that those who live in glass houses.....and all of that.

  22. #297
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,107

    The news comes after Director of Intelligence John Ratcliffe announced yesterday that the emails were not part of a Russian disinformation campaign.



    “Let me be clear, the intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that and we shared no intelligence with chairman Schiff or any other member of Congress that Hunter Biden’s laptop is part of some Russian disinformation campaign,” Ratcliffe said. “It’s simply not true.”


    Ratcliffe said that Schiff “wants anything against his preferred political candidate to be deemed as not real and is using the intelligence community, or attempting to use the intelligence community, to say there’s nothing to see here.”
    Gee ratcliff, A trump appointee, doesn't sound partisan at all.

  23. #298
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Gee ratcliff, A trump appointee, doesn't sound partisan at all.
    doj and fbi are not the dni,

  24. #299
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    33,572
    How Did Hunter Biden’s Laptop Allegedly Go from a Repair Shop in Delaware to the New York Post?

    With just over two weeks to go until the 2020 U.S. presidential election, the New York Post published a story that was lauded by right-leaning media and political figures as a “bombshell” and criticized by others as disinformation resurfacing an old method of political attack.


    The story was based around contents found on the hard drive of a laptop that had allegedly belonged to Hunter Biden, the son of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. Citing emails found on the hard drive, the Post reported it had a “smoking gun” proving that the elder Biden had met with a Ukrainian energy firm executive while Hunter sat on the board of that firm.


    The Post claimed to have confirmed a long-running line of political attack against Biden — namely that Biden had used his position as vice president in the Obama administration to benefit Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company, while his son sat on the board.


    However, the Post’s “smoking gun” email doesn’t prove that Biden met with the Burisma executive on behalf of his son, and Biden’s campaign has denied any such meeting ever took place. Many noted that the story raised more questions than it answered.


    Below, we unpack what we know.


    The New York Post’s Story


    On Oct. 14, 2020, The New York Post published a story headline that read, “Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad.”


    The Post reported that Rudy Giuliani, the personal attorney for U.S. President Donald Trump (who is running against Joe Biden), gave them a “copy” of Hunter Biden’s laptop drive on Oct. 11, 2020. The newspaper was first alerted to its existence by Steve Bannon, a former Trump aide and former Breitbart News executive.


    The “smoking gun” message is embedded in the story. It was allegedly sent by Burisma board adviser Vadym Pozharskyi in April 2015, and read, “Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure.”


    The story didn’t offer any other evidence that a meeting between Joe Biden and Pozharskyi ever took place, and the Biden campaign responded by stating that it did not. A Biden campaign spokesman told the New York Times, “We have reviewed Joe Biden’s official schedules from the time and no meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place.”


    The spokesman also stated the Post had never contacted them about “critical elements of the story.”


    The Post story contained a second email, allegedly sent by Pozharskyi in 2014, addressed to both Hunter Biden and Devon Archer, who was also on the Burisma board. In the message, Pozharskyi was seeking “advice” from the men as to “how you could use your influence” to help the company in a matter described as various Ukrainian government agencies attempting extract money from the company. It didn’t specifically ask Biden to seek help from his father, the American vice president.


    Aside from those emails, the story included embedded images from Hunter Biden’s alleged computer hard drive which include family photographs and screen shots from a lurid video involving the younger Biden.

    It also contained an image of a December 2019 subpoena for a MacBook Pro and a hard drive.


    The story prompted immediate scrutiny and criticism for its timing and sourcing, dropping just over two weeks before the presidential election in which Biden is Trump’s challenger and sourced from Trump allies.


    It also raised questions about whether the emails, upon which the story’s entire premise is based, were real. Some even questioned whether the laptop itself actually belonged to Hunter Biden.


    We reached out to the Biden campaign and Hunter Biden’s attorney, George Mesires, with questions about the story but didn’t hear back in time for publication.


    The story also raised red flags for disinformation researchers.


    For example, Thomas Rid, a professor of strategic studies at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, tweeted that the story should be approached with caution, and noted that it’s an “old Cold War disinformation tactic to pass information, especially but not exclusively when forged, to low-brow newspapers that have high circulation and low standards of investigation. Ideal for surfacing and amplification.”



    The Chain of Events


    The Post reported that the saga started in April 2019, when a man identifying himself as Hunter Biden dropped the laptop off at a computer repair shop in the Biden family’s home state of Delaware. The laptop had been damaged by water.



    Although the Post didn’t identify the shop owner, journalists were able to track the shop down because the Post failed to remove metadata from images embedded in the story. The shop owner, John Paul Mac Isaac, spoke to several reporters in a nearly hour-long conversation recorded by The Daily Beast.


    In the discussion, Isaac alleged that a man identifying himself as Hunter Biden had dropped the laptop in question off with liquid damage. He also said he didn’t actually see the vice president’s son dropping the laptop off. The Post story contained an invoice naming Hunter Biden.


    Isaac declined to answer many questions, but he did state that the contents of the laptop troubled him. Isaac referenced the debunked Seth Rich conspiracy theory, which holds that Rich, a DNC staffer, was murdered by Democratic political operates because after he hacked the DNC’s server. Isaac claimed he was fearful for his own safety.


    U.S. Intelligence officials have concluded that it was Russian government agents, not Rich, who hacked the DNC. The Russian government had actively promoted the Seth Rich conspiracy theory, however, as had right-wing media and social media personalities.


    Isaac said he was troubled by the contents of the laptop, and was therefore in contact with the FBI — although he gave contradictory statements as to who initiated the contact. According to the subpoena published by the Post, the FBI took the laptop from Isaac in December 2019.


    We left a voice message with Isaac’s computer shop but didn’t get a response in time for publication. We also reached out to the FBI with questions about the claims in the story and Isaac’s statement, but the FBI replied that according to policy, it wouldn’t confirm or deny an investigation.


    The Post reported that before Isaac gave the laptop and hard drive to the FBI, he “made a copy of the hard drive and later gave it to former Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello.”


    When reached by phone, Costello told Snopes that he was given the contents of the hard drive in September 2020. The contents, he said, contain thousands of emails, text messages, pictures and videos.


    Costello told Snopes that the reason his client, Giuliani, ultimately gave the hard drive copy to the Post was because that’s what its source (although Costello didn’t name him, we presume based on Isaac’s own statements that he was the source) wanted done.


    “We turned [the hard drive contents] over [to the Post] because the intent of the source was to get the hard drive to Rudy Giuliani so he could do something with it, bring it to the public’s attention,” Costello said.


    Costello said it was “reasonable” to assume Isaac wanted the hard drive’s contents given to the Post because he was frustrated by his perceived lack of law enforcement action by the FBI, who had possessed the laptop since December 2019. Costello said the laptop’s original owner never retrieved his property, therefore it was “considered abandoned property” that “became the property of the source.”


    Both Facebook and Twitter took action against the Post article, with Twitter blocking users from posting links to it. Twitter said it did so because the story included personal and private information, and its content violated Twitter’s policy against posting hacked material.


    “We don’t want to incentivize hacking by allowing Twitter to be used as distribution for possibly illegally obtained materials,” the platform stated.


    A Facebook executive said their company suppressed the distribution of the story on its platform to stem the spread of misinformation, pending review by Facebook’s fact-checking partners.


    The platforms’ actions prompted a rebuke from Trump.


    “So terrible that Facebook and Twitter took down the story of ‘Smoking Gun’ emails related to Sleepy Joe Biden and his son, Hunter,” Trump tweeted. “It is only the beginning for them. There is nothing worse than a corrupt politician.”

    An Old Political Attack


    The New York Post story played on an allegation originally raised to counter those made against Trump in an impeachment inquiry.


    Trump was accused of attempting to strong-arm Ukraine’s president into producing damaging information on Biden by withholding crucial military aid. Trump was ultimately impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives, but the Republican-controlled Senate voted acquit him without calling witnesses or admitting new evidence. Trump and his supporters countered by turning Ukraine corruption allegations on Biden, stating that as vice president, Biden had pressured the Ukrainian government to fire a prosecutor so the prosecutor couldn’t investigate Burisma while his son sat on the company’s board.


    The New York Post article resurfaced a 2018 statement made by Biden which has been widely taken out of context to show “proof” of that corruption: “I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” Biden stated. “Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.”


    Biden wasn’t admitting to pressuring Ukraine to fire a prosecutor looking into his son’s firm, however. He was describing efforts by the Obama administration to stamp out government corruption in Ukraine, which included getting rid of an ineffective prosecutor. An investigation by Senate Republicans into Biden’s activities as vice president in relation to Ukraine concluded in 2020 without finding any evidence of wrongdoing.


    Since we published this story, many Snopes readers have inquired whether a photograph included in the Post story truly showed Hunter Biden asleep with a “crack pipe” dangling from his mouth. At this time we know nothing about the provenance of the photograph: Who took it, whether it was real or staged, whether it was taken with or without Biden’s knowledge, whether Biden was truly asleep, or whether he had been smoking crack (or anything else) with the pictured pipe. We also note that the image only shows part of the person’s face alleged to be Hunter Biden.


    We sent questions to the Post’s editors asking how the Post verified the authenticity of the hard drive’s contents and why it included personal images from it which were not pertinent to the story. We will update if we hear back.

    How Did Hunter Biden's Laptop Allegedly Go from a Repair Shop in Delaware to the New York Post?

  25. #300
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    Exclusive – Smoking Gun Biden Emails Reveal He Lobbied 'The Big Guy' For Political Favors, Claimed: “If I Ask He Will Do It”
    Russia did it. (Wondering why the Snowden got the residency?)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •