Page 263 of 276 FirstFirst ... 163213253255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271273 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 6886

Thread: Daily Moan

  1. #6551
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,781
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Good luck with that. One of my major bug bears is people who do a shitty job - but get completely offended if you double check them. They seem to find it incomprehensible that you do not trust them, despite them repeatedly fucking up.
    Ya, tell me about it, that's why my mission looks a doddle to the uninitiated.

  2. #6552
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,695
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Ya, tell me about it, that's why my mission looks a doddle to the uninitiated.
    Thais certainly do get upset when challenged - hard to imagine anybody living in Thailand and thinking otherwise.

    I always found it easiest to smile, ignore the absurdity and just leave the Thais to it - often it works out fine, mysteriously so. On the other hand, if folks want a nice house, well built with safe wiring and plumbing that works, etc, I can certainly understand why they'd want to closely micro-manage in order to get the job done right. Not easy though (I didn't even try, but "my house" is distinctly average as a result...).

    The Thai hisos obviously don't take any crap off the 'lower classes' (as they perceive them) thus I tended to spend time where they go such as Paragon and Emporium because you just get better stuff from better functioning staff - the hisos have trained them up for us. Reversely, if you're in a village in Nakorn Nowhere or a foreign tourist spot then you're pretty much fuk'd, so best to go with the flow, have very low expectations and when they aren't met just move on...
    How do I post these pictures???

  3. #6553
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    The Thai hisos obviously don't take any crap off the 'lower classes' (as they perceive them) thus I tended to spend time where they go such as Paragon and Emporium because you just get better stuff from better functioning staff - the hisos have trained them up for us.
    ...perhaps the incentive of a higher salary has something to do with it...

  4. #6554
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,557
    Private clinic in the middle of nakon nowhere? It's a government one. Good enough for the locals is good enough for me.

  5. #6555
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,695
    ^ your choice, mate, but I'd rather go to Bumrumgrad. Or, when working in Bangkok, paying healthcare along with the employer and going to an equally good hospital. Out in the sticks, the hospitals do their best, but are underfunded and understaffed. I'll go on... the life expectancy for the average Bangkok 'middle class' and/or 'hiso' is very much longer than the average laokao drinking farm worker from Nakhon Nowhere and, no, I won't produce figures to back up that statement or any evidence at all... )

    This is quite interesting:

    Thailand: Life Expectancy in Thailand
    UK: Life Expectancy in United Kingdom
    US: Life Expectancy in United States
    South Korea: Life Expectancy in South Korea


    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...perhaps the incentive of a higher salary has something to do with it...
    Yes, it's obviously related to money at every level, money and education, money and options, money and power. You'd hope that most folks on this board are able to relax in Emporium rather than sit having local whickey outside the 7/11 in NN all day every day; some might choose to, good for them - I'd rather be potless in Canvey Island walking the cobbled beach with a can of Special Brew.
    Last edited by Bettyboo; 03-04-2020 at 12:26 PM.

  6. #6556
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,557
    No need to run off on a tangent Betty. I'm talking local government clinic not hospital. It's good for minor ailments, snake bites and injections. Next stop is AEK Udon, which is where we go for check-ups, surgery and persistent problems.

    However, in these rather stressful times the local clinic is also going to handle my repeat prescription for me, which I thought was a nice gesture.

    Our village doesn't have a clinic but some of the wives have been taking first aid lessons at the clinic and basic care techniques. It has been good for the children who don't have to be transported in the night due to fevers. There was a time when I thought I was running the local ambulance service...

  7. #6557
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,301
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...perhaps the incentive of a higher salary has something to do with it...
    False merit always shines through.

  8. #6558
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Our village doesn't have a clinic but some of the wives have been taking first aid lessons at the clinic and basic care techniques. It has been good for the children who don't have to be transported in the night due to fevers. There was a time when I thought I was running the local ambulance service...
    Your village doesn't have a clinic??? What kind of shithole do you live in???

    Your village doesn't have a clinic??? What happens if you get bitten by a King Cobra - how are you gonna get treatment within 15 minutes??? No clinic in your village, faarrrrrrk me...



    Next you'll be telling me there's no Burger King or Pizza delivery in your village...

  9. #6559
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    ^ your choice, mate, but I'd rather go to Bumrumgrad. Or, when working in Bangkok, paying healthcare along with the employer and going to an equally good hospital. Out in the sticks, the hospitals do their best, but are underfunded and understaffed. I'll go on... the life expectancy for the average Bangkok 'middle class' and/or 'hiso' is very much longer than the average laokao drinking farm worker from Nakhon Nowhere and, no, I won't produce figures to back up that statement or any evidence at all... )

    This is quite interesting:

    Thailand: Life Expectancy in Thailand
    UK: Life Expectancy in United Kingdom
    US: Life Expectancy in United States
    South Korea: Life Expectancy in South Korea




    Yes, it's obviously related to money at every level, money and education, money and options, money and power. You'd hope that most folks on this board are able to relax in Emporium rather than sit having local whickey outside the 7/11 in NN all day every day; some might choose to, good for them - I'd rather be potless in Canvey Island walking the cobbled beach with a can of Special Brew.
    Yer, thanks for that, I shall expect to roll over next year!

  10. #6560
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,695
    Sorry about that, Jabir - it's just for the average folk, you're exceptional and have at least another 20 years left in you (by which time they'll be able to transfer your body into a robotic body (or a kettle/toaster/electric vibrator device [for making ice based fruit drinks] if you have less money...)), so really you're immortal!

  11. #6561
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Your village doesn't have a clinic??? What kind of shithole do you live in???

    Your village doesn't have a clinic??? What happens if you get bitten by a King Cobra - how are you gonna get treatment within 15 minutes??? No clinic in your village, faarrrrrrk me...



    Next you'll be telling me there's no Burger King or Pizza delivery in your village...
    Go fish somewhere else...

  12. #6562
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Go fish somewhere else...
    Oh come on, aren't you bored???

    There's only so many times I can call Cyrille a kunt and ask him to suck my cock... Even that's getting a tad old.

  13. #6563
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Location
    TD has gone to the Dogs
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    (by which time they'll be able to transfer your body into a robotic body
    .... Betts all that mercury and lead in that farmed salmon is starting to make its presence felt

  14. #6564
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,695
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    .... Betts all that mercury and lead in that farmed salmon is starting to make its presence felt
    I'm on the third season of Dark Matter!

  15. #6565
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Location
    TD has gone to the Dogs
    Posts
    10,566
    ^ and? should it go on Hazza Hammond's Fuking Film Fest thread or nay.

  16. #6566
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,577
    Had a dream last night about winning a lottery of sorts but I can't remember the number.

  17. #6567
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    2,460
    The gardener caught me having a wank today.

    The dogs were walked, the wife was out, and the daughter was ensconced with Roblox on her pc downstairs.

    It was 38 degrees C, too hot to do anything constructive... so I thought, what to do? I went up to my office for a bit of 'me' time.

    As Nidhogg knows, my office isn't configured very well for these eventualities and the first I knew of it was when the gardener walked up behind me... he needed some money for the chicken food.

    To be honest I don't know who was more embarrassed. He's gone out tonight leaving me to drink his Ya Dong alone. I think for both of us that whole employer/employee respect thing has been compromised... but how to make it OK for the future?

  18. #6568
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,579
    ^no suggestions. But i think i cracked a rib laughing.

  19. #6569
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    The gardener caught me having a wank today.... but how to make it OK for the future?
    ...well, you've shown him yours...according to falang custom, he's up...


    *pics or it didn't happen*

  20. #6570
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Location
    TD has gone to the Dogs
    Posts
    10,566
    Explain to him that you have some sort of affliction (prostate) and under medical advice have been told to tug one out for the next 7 days and you have to time how long it takes - and he's ruined your first test.

  21. #6571
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,579
    .......and not to rub salt in the wound, you do know the whole village will know by tomorrow morning.

    Just hope you had some respectable porn on the screen......

  22. #6572
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    36,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    I think for both of us that whole employer/employee respect thing has been compromised...

  23. #6573
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    2,460
    ^^ The porn was all good... nothing immoral.

    ^^^ A lot to explain with my limited Thai.

    I think he probably feels worse than I do... but he can't undo what he's seen and I know exactly what he'll be thinking next time I admonish him for butchering one of the mango trees he prunes. All he will have to do is smile and I'll be stopped in me tracks.

    He does actually feel a bit sorry for me, and recently offered to take me to one of the short time places he uses... but he said it would cost me double the Thai price.

  24. #6574
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Location
    TD has gone to the Dogs
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    ^^^ A lot to explain with my limited Thai.
    Draw him a picture, i don't think asking mini mendip to translate is a wise option.

  25. #6575
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    2,460
    ^ I think all things considered I'm glad it was the gardener who walked and not me daughter.

    I'm gonna have to be more careful in future, or of course...




    ... just lock the door!

Page 263 of 276 FirstFirst ... 163213253255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271273 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •