Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 107
  1. #76
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,436
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    You are a caricature.

    At this point it's like you've devolved into doing parody of yourself.
    A naive baby among men. Simple as that.

  2. #77
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Posts
    9,772

    NZ privacy commissioner says social media bans on Trump 'arbitrary and cynical'

    Privacy commissioner John Edwards has criticised the Twitter and Facebook bans on President Trump, as “arbitrary and cynical” and described the social media platforms as “conflicted”.

    Edwards, who has strongly butted heads with social media platforms in the past, indicated that he believed bans should be subject to new laws, and left to regulators.

    “The Twitter and Facebook bans are arbitrary, cynical, unprincipled and further evidence that regulation of social media platforms is urgently required,” Edwards tweeted.

    “We should not be abdicating responsibility for the tough policy decisions required, and delegating responsibility for our community standards to conflicted corporates,” he said.

    Twitter said in a blog post on Saturday, New Zealand time, that it had permanently suspended Trump’s Twitter account, which had 88 million followers.

    Both Facebook and Twitter indicated their bans were prompted by a concern for public safety.
    Twitter explained that it believed two tweets from Trump risked inciting further violence.

    Those tweets stated that Trump would not attend president-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20 and said “patriots” who had voted for him would not be disrespected.

    We should not be abdicating responsibility for the tough policy decisions required, and delegating responsibility for our community standards to conflicted corporates.
    Twitter said it determined the two tweets were likely to inspire people to replicate Wednesday’s attack on the US Capitol building, which has been blamed for five deaths.

    “There are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so,” it said.
    ”Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17,” it also said in its explanation.

    Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg also said it had banned Trump from its platform at least until after Biden’s inauguration because the “risks of allowing the president to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great”.
    ”Over the last several years, we have allowed President Trump to use our platform consistent with our own rules, at times removing content or labelling his posts when they violate our policies,” Zuckerberg said.

    “We did this because we believe that the public has a right to the broadest possible access to political speech, even controversial speech.
    “But the current context is now fundamentally different, involving use of our platform to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government,” he said.

    Edwards said “much worse has been allowed, and is still present on both platforms” than the posts to which the two companies referred.
    ”I guess what I am saying is lawmakers should grasp the nettle and make rules for social media, rather than leaving it to each platform to set their own and police them, which they do [at the moment] very inconsistently,” he tweeted.
    Former National Party MP Brett Hudson contested Edwards’ opinion, saying he believed the bans were triggered by a breach of the social media firms’ terms and conditions, rather than being a question of “community standards” or freedom of speech, as such.
    “I don’t think the state should seek to set those specific rules. An accessible means to ensure the platforms’ policies are administered fairly and consistently seems attractive though,” he tweeted.




  3. #78
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    39,132
    “The Twitter and Facebook bans are arbitrary, cynical, unprincipled and further evidence that regulation of social media platforms is urgently required,” Edwards tweeted.

  4. #79
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,428
    How is the Facebook or Twitter ban any different to Teakdoor banning Smeg for being a stalking twat or XYZ posters for making continual pedo accusations!

  5. #80
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Posts
    9,772
    Well here is one where it looks like the Chinese Communist Party has influence on Youtube


  6. #81
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    The most known white supremacist in the US has a twitter account. He's banned from the UK (cuck island he calls it) but still has a twitter acct here https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer

  7. #82
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    19,521
    YouTube has now blocked Trump from uploading videos for a week.


    Trump YouTube ban: Google suspends new uploads after Capitol riots

    Google's YouTube has blocked President Donald Trump's official channel from uploading new content for at least a week, citing the potential for violence following the deadly Capitol siege.
    Nev has style

  8. #83
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    26,288
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Ron Paul is a scumbag who once said that he is ok with letting sick people without medical insurance die. Fuck him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    That's obviously not what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    It is exactly what he said
    You're the only one who continuously lies and makes shit up . . . and never backs up anything.

    It is what he said.



    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    The left is in power. Why not abuse anyone and everyone ?
    Because they don't . . . go figure, man-child

  9. #84
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    39,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    The most known white supremacist in the US has a twitter account. He's banned from the UK (cuck island he calls it) but still has a twitter acct here https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer
    And...? Is he posting lies and misinformation to foment an insurrection?

    No? So fuck off then.


  10. #85
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    And...? Is he posting lies and misinformation to foment an insurrection?

    No? So fuck off then.

    He was one of the leaders of the Charlottesville protest where ppl where killed . but he's not in the line of fire now because he disowned trump in 2017.

    It just shows that there is no rules of the road for twitter. So you are wrong

  11. #86
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    He was one of the leaders of the Charlottesville protest where ppl where killed . but he's not in the line of fire now because he disowned trump in 2017.

    It just shows that there is no rules of the road for twitter. So you are wrong
    You really are thick.
    Why would Twitter ban him for being a leader of a far right group ?
    All they care about is if you break their terms of service vis-a-vis their rules regarding post content.
    TD doesn't care about your politics or criminal record or associations but if you continually post family attacks or pedo accusations you could well find yourself on a time out.
    Same same Twitter.
    Stay within the rules and you'll be fine.
    They gave Trump A LOT of latitude because they felt it was important people hear what he had to say but he went a bridge too far.
    If we stop testing right now wed have very few cases, if any. Donald J Trump.

  12. #87
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,520
    Trump threatened war a few times on Twitter and did break some rules that he should have been banned for 2 years ago. But jack dorsey, that narcissist poove, held it over all of his lefty friends and didn't ban him just because he could. Then now he pretends that this is the first time eva that trump broke a rule.

    Guy looks like he hasn't had a paying job for 25 years

  13. #88
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    39,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    He was one of the leaders of the Charlottesville protest where ppl where killed . but he's not in the line of fire now because he disowned trump in 2017.

    It just shows that there is no rules of the road for twitter. So you are wrong
    So he didn't post lies and misinformation to foment an insurrection then. Good.

    Now fuck off.

  14. #89
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    ^^ No, he explained why Trump wasn't banned for that.
    Oh, and when one is self employed and rich one doesn't give a fuck what plebs like you think about ones appearance.
    Last edited by Cujo; 14-01-2021 at 09:15 AM.

  15. #90
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,520
    The big tech SJWs are in trouble now. Section 230 protects social media platforms from editorial liability. But the tech cartel banned Parler for not editorializing it's plantform. There's some big money behind Parler and now they are gearing up for a mega lawsuit that should be a slam dunk

  16. #91
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,520
    Of the main 13 people arrested for storming the capital , none had Parler app accounts. Just Twitter and Facebook

  17. #92
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    26,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    The big tech SJWs are in trouble now
    Umm . . . shaking in their silicon boots as we speak

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    should be a slam dunk
    Just like all your other 'slam dunks' - they come to nothing because you read and watch unfiltered bullshit - and then jump onto the next topic quickly when proven wrong

  18. #93
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    39,132
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Just like all your other 'slam dunks' - they come to nothing because you read and watch unfiltered bullshit - and then jump onto the next topic quickly when proven wrong
    This.

  19. #94
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    Can't copy and paste for some reason.
    I'm sure its contributors will be happy about this.

    Parler shared information with FBI about Capitol riot suspect - Business Insider

  20. #95
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Can't copy and paste for some reason.
    I'm sure its contributors will be happy about this.

    Parler shared information with FBI about Capitol riot suspect - Business Insider
    Which just shows that it isn't some renegade terrorist white supremacist outfit like everyones been saying in this thread

  21. #96
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,436
    I am going to venture a guess your Parler password might be something like DuMbFuCk 2021

  22. #97
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Which just shows that it isn't some renegade terrorist white supremacist outfit like everyones been saying in this thread
    Um, it is but just not as incognito as it's dumbfuck white supremacist terrorists thought.

  23. #98
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Pretty sure it was Aging one and Pickeler using it mostly
    Pretty sure you're a fucking idiot. Go on then, find one post where I've used that word.

    As I currently live next door to Surrey, I am well aware they are Indian. Must suck to live on the other side of the river though hey socal. Shithole when it was white, still a shithole now that it's brown.

    Don't get caught in the crossfire of the daily drive-bys either Backsperm.

  24. #99
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Posts
    8,085
    ...
    “If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” ― George Washington
    “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.”
    - Harry S. Truman
    “…the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth produced by its collision with error.”
    - John Stuart Mill (20 May 1806 – 7 May 1873)
    ...

  25. #100
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,428
    The government is not silencing anymore, twit.

    Google has chosen not to allow parler on it's store. That's it. Parler is still free to offer free speech.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •