Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1820212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 676 to 700 of 723
  1. #676
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,219
    Giovinazzi had even less room to pass on the same turn versus Leclerc on lap 1 and he still made the corner with no crash. Look where he is. Max Verstappen did nothing wrong. Nothing at all. Hamilton chose to close in on him and wreck rather than concede the position.


  2. #677
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Giovinazzi had even less room to pass on the same turn versus Leclerc on lap 1 and he still made the corner with no crash. Look where he is. Max Verstappen did nothing wrong. Nothing at all. Hamilton chose to close in on him and wreck rather than concede the position.

    Keep digging and doubling down on your wildly biased conclusions. ��

  3. #678
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,219
    This barn burner of a show was another sprint race weekend.

    At Silverstone, Hamilton learned during the sprint race that he couldn’t overtake Verstappen and was thus determined in the main race to overtake Verstappen on the opening lap as that was his only realistic chance. Hence the do-or-die attempt because both going out was better than Verstappen waltzing off in the distance and increasing the points gap.
    At Monza, everyone learned during the sprint race that overtaking was practically impossible unless there was a big delta (like Bottas vs. backmarkers). So when Verstappen came up on Hamilton after the pitstop during the main race, both drivers knew this would decide the race for them. Hence Verstappen was dead set on passing Hamilton while he had an opportunity which would never come again and Hamilton was determined to stay ahead because then he’d be assured of outscoring Verstappen.


    Before an actual race, every team is still unaware of their ultimate potential during the race. A bad qualifying could still lead to good points with decent race pace etc. But the sprint race reveals the cards IMO and thus practically forces drivers to go for an opportunity because they already know how the race will play out otherwise….

    If the idea of the sprint races was to mix things up a bit , it delivered.

  4. #679
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Do you think skidmark has a single original thought of his own?

  5. #680
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    368


    The 2021 Formula One Thread-knobber-jpg

  6. #681
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,206
    Dame Lewis

  7. #682
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,377
    Hamilton should stick to what he does best. Driving fast cars, faster than anyone else.

    Any other subjects are a distraction to this.

  8. #683
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Verstappen came up on Hamilton after the pitstop during the main race,
    No he didn’t. Hamilton got in front of him when he left the pits.
    Verstappen caused a crash. The stewards, who are better placed, and better informed than you, determined Verstappen was at fault. Horner agreed with them and did not appeal the decision. Therefore you are wrong, but you keeping digging your hole even deeper.
    Accept it and move on. The driver and his team have done that. Why can’t you?

  9. #684
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    No he didn’t. Hamilton got in front of him when he left the pits.
    Verstappen caused a crash. The stewards, who are better placed, and better informed than you, determined Verstappen was at fault. Horner agreed with them and did not appeal the decision. Therefore you are wrong, but you keeping digging your hole even deeper.
    Accept it and move on. The driver and his team have done that. Why can’t you?

    No that's proven to be utter hogwash. We have the telemetry now. Clearly, Hamilton is trying to run Verstappen off the track with his cold tires, before the first corner. The racing line is where Norris is.


  10. #685
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,219
    If all Hamilton did was take the racing line, he would have beat Verstappen to the apex and would have came out ahead. But he couldn't because he was on cold tires. So he just ran Verstappen off the track instead.


  11. #686
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    No he didn’t. Hamilton got in front of him when he left the pits.
    Verstappen caused a crash. The stewards, who are better placed, and better informed than you, determined Verstappen was at fault. Horner agreed with them and did not appeal the decision. Therefore you are wrong, but you keeping digging your hole even deeper.
    Accept it and move on. The driver and his team have done that. Why can’t you?
    Because he's a fucking retard who keeps googling "why verstappen shouldn't get a penalty" and then posting shit that he doesn't understand in the vain hope that someone - anyone - will stupidly think he thought of it himself?


    At a guess.

  12. #687
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    24,599
    It is time to move on. Looks like Verstappen may well take on a new power unit in Russia. Seems like a good idea, as chances are good that Lewis will have to do the same.

  13. #688
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,206
    Looks like Backspin has got the evidence there.

    Affirmative action





  14. #689
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    It is time to move on. Looks like Verstappen may well take on a new power unit in Russia. Seems like a good idea, as chances are good that Lewis will have to do the same.
    Given the pace of the front two teams, as Bottas showed, even starting from the back doesn't stop you getting on the podium anyway.

    I don't think it's as big a handicap as people think it is.

  15. #690
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    24,599
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I don't think it's as big a handicap as people think it is.
    Especially not at Sochi, as it is an overtaking track. Plenty of places to pass.

  16. #691
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    I mean it will be good but this is almost a shame

    Daniel Ricciardo confirmed that Netflix was with McLaren for Monza!

  17. #692
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    No that's proven to be utter hogwash. We have the telemetry now. Clearly, Hamilton is trying to run Verstappen off the track with his cold tires, before the first corner. The racing line is where Norris is.

    Cartoons now. What next? Get a 4 year old Dutch boy to draw it for you? FFS

  18. #693
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Cartoons now. What next? Get a 4 year old Dutch boy to draw it for you? FFS
    You have to admit watching his struggle to try and play with the grown ups has got a certain comedy value.

    He reminds me of Indecisive Dave...


  19. #694
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    You've got to laugh. Haas are sticking with the chuckle brothers as their driver lineup next year.

    Presumably because Mazepin's dad is effectively paying for the team and he doesn't want them bringing a decent driver in.


  20. #695
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Sochi FP1 underway.

    Lots of Rain predicted for tomorrow, but currently a dry race anticipated.

  21. #696
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Sochi FP3 cancelled because of rain. Quali might get moved to tomorrow.

    FIA Race Director Michael Masi has outlined the options available should weather affect Saturday’s running at the Sochi Autodrom, with the potential for qualifying for the Russian Grand Prix to be moved to Sunday morning.
    Torrential rain, as well as thunder and lightning, hit the track on Saturday morning, leading to doubts over the running of the day’s programme – with Masi revealing what he and his team were seeing on their weather radars.

    “As we can see already this morning, the weather’s gone up and down like a yoyo, and the intensity of the rain has been increasing, with some thunder also joining us,” said Masi. “But effectively the procedure per today will be that we will aim to start all sessions, get everything ready from an operational perspective, and then judge the conditions at the time.

    “What we’re seeing from the forecast side is that we will have… rain until about 1330-1430 local time, and then it decreasing in the afternoon.

    “The priority from today’s perspective is obviously Formula 1 qualifying this afternoon,” Masi went on.


    “So Formula 1 will take priority, then we were fortunate in restructuring the programme to have the first Formula 3 race yesterday, pre-empting the weather that was going to happen this morning, which based on what we saw when we came out to the circuit this morning was absolutely the right decision; it was torrential at the time we would have been having the F3 race. So we did that, and now we’ll just sort of look at the day ahead and just take it step by step.”
    Masi outlines plan if rain affects Saturday running at 2021 Russian Grand Prix, including potential Sunday qualifying | Formula 1(R)

  22. #697
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    The rain has stopped and it looks like we might get Quali today, albeit with few gaps.

  23. #698
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Action packed Q3, the highlight being Lando Norris gets pole!

    Sir Lewis decided to punt the wall on the way into the pits, which meant they had to move his car out of the way for the following Bottas, which fucked his only flying lap on slicks and ended up with him sliding off the track.

    Although he still got 2nd row on Inters, so he won't be too bothered.

    The 2021 Formula One Thread-untitled-jpg

  24. #699

  25. #700
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,250
    Bottas takes a PU change and a grid penalty. Starts from P17. *




    * Or perhaps the pit lane.

    The 2021 Formula One Thread-btgerhaa-xqlcibrxwbnog0qv9vptk_qhuwo_3pv76q-jpg
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 26-09-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1820212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •