Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RIP
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Heres a couple of photos I took about 5 years back. Sorry they are not to good but was murky days and a crappy camera

Repulse Bay

Views from the Peak

The Famous Jumbo Floating Restuarant, I am sure there was two when I was out there in the 60's

View from the cable car at Ocean Park

The Star Ferry

The cold, wet one
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang
    and that brit pub at the top end of Lan Kwai Fong
    That would be Mad Dogs. Saw a few Arsenal players in there one night. Arrogant wankers. Tony Adams ended up on his own asleep on the bar.
    Was Mad Dogs at the top, once? I only remember it being down the bottom of the road in the basement.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^ yeh that was Mad Dogs NR. At one stage there were actually three floating restaurants in Aberdeen Prop.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Yeah, it was at the top once - just round the corner at the top on the left side.

I see they have painted the Star Ferry.

I worked at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club just near Jumbo's for a while.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    A few of mine when I went there in December 2003.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM

The cold, wet one
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Nice pics, Marmers.

How times change. I remember when Bank of China was the tallest building. Actually, I remember when Connaught Centre (later Jardine House) was the tallest...

Cool Cat
    Last Online
    15-03-2017 @ 05:11 PM

From my window

Here are some pictures I took of Hong Kong from my bedroom window (if I manage to understand how to post the images ...)

Cool Cat
    Last Online
    It works, the guy who wrote the tutorial "how to post pictures" is a genius !

Cool Cat
    Last Online
    Same, by night

Pictures are taken from Lantau island. On the bottom left corner of the second one, the ring of light is Disneyland , above Kowloon and on the right Hong Kong Island

Last Online
    13-06-2020 @ 08:16 AM
    Hong Kong...on my *To do* list...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-12-2020 @ 05:00 AM
    Hong Kong the perfect blend of east and west, been 6 times in last 15 months twice being for work. Oasis Hong Kong RIP was fantastic used to fly from Gatwick to Hong Kong for 135GBP few nights in Hong Kong had an amazing bird there from time I worked there then 70GBP for a flight to Thailand
    Would be my choice of place to live if I had the finances or full time employment offer.
    As for the peak it is spectacular I find best time for going around 5pm so you get the daylight pics followed by sunset pics then gets dark very quickly for the buildings to start lighting up.
    After the peak open top bus from the base to Victoria Harbour to see the symphony of lights, across on boat to Wanchai and get steaming!!
    If you are in Hong Kong on a weekend and like a bit of a drink and play about with the Indo and Flipo chicks Sunday afternoon around 2pm is the best time, get into the New Makatti bar/club cheap drinks full of drunken lovlies

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
    Nice pics, Marmers.

How times change. I remember when Bank of China was the tallest building. Actually, I remember when Connaught Centre (later Jardine House) was the tallest...
    Wasn't the Connaught nicknamed the Swiss Cheese building or something like that?

I remember that time well. An expat brat out for Summer/Xmas vacs drinking San Mig for 1$ a bottle unless the 7th Fleet was in harbour when the price doubled and one had to convince the mama san we were resident Brits.

I recall Tsimshatsui was the place for the bars and buying 10$ lady drinks hoping to cop a decent feel but the pocket money rarely stretched to both illicit sex and drunkeness. Occasionally, garrisoned troops, mostly from Irish regiments, would take pity and include us in their rounds and just very occasionally we were allowed to tag along to Hennessy Rd Wanchai to frequent one of the many brothels there. I have fond memories of waiting in line for a whoopsie whilst blue movies were shown in one room and in the other one could gamble with the girls wearing pink baby dolls and little else.

My father would take me to the Hyatt for a late steak supper where they served coffee free all night and the American officers would congregate and score an expensive hooker from the pimp who set up his business there after midnight.

Was everything better in the late 60s and early 70s or am I just getting old?

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    The only time I've been to Hong Kong was in 1984 on my way to the U.S.A. flew into the old airport where you could see some old fella pulling his plonker in his apartment as he smoked a durry.

Did not get out of the airport as it was only a change of planes.

I'll be there in a few weeks time, will be staying smack in the middle of Mongkok and will spend my time roaming the city taking cracker photos.

Will pay a visit to Disneyland, I'll try and put one through Snow White, wish me luck, will leave the dwarfs for Marmite to shag.

Really looking forward to this trip as I've always wanted to get there, I'm on a hunter gatherer trip to suss it out for a return journey latter on.

I'll post a few piccy when i get back.

Last Online
    20-07-2011 @ 12:38 AM
    Couldn't believe the difference between my visit in 1999 to this year re the new shopping complex.
    Last edited by DARCYF; 23-07-2008 at 04:22 AM.

Last Online
    15-01-2010 @ 12:21 PM
    Hi there,

Really amazing place!! i went there in October. I like Hong Kong very much also you have posted cool pics and i want to live there.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Hong Kong in the 1930's

Hong Kong, Gateway To China, 1938

Tour of Hong Kong in the 1930s on the Cunard Line ship Franconia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information