Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thailand Expat

Last Online
    08-12-2011 @ 06:20 PM

Star Georgia Student Got 10 Years For Blow Job, Sex Offender Status, Now Refused Bail

Judge Cancels Bond Hearing in Teen Oral Sex Case

Judge Rules That Wilson's Particular Sentence Makes Him Ineligible for Bond Release

Genarlow Wilson is shown here at the age of 17. A judge threw out his 10-year sentence for aggravated child molestation for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2003. (Wilson Family Photo/AP Photo)

By BRITTANY BACON
    June 27, 2007

Genarlow Wilson, whose 10-year prison sentence for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old when he was 17 was voided by a judge earlier this month, is not eligible to be released on bail while the state appeals his sentence, a judge ruled today.

The ruling, which came just days after investors announced they'd post a $1 million bond for Wilson, likely means Wilson will remain in jail for several more months. The Georgia Supreme Court is scheduled to hear his case in October.

The order, issued by Douglas County Superior Court Judge David Emerson, canceled the bond hearing that he originally set for July 5.

In his Wednesday ruling, Emerson cited a Georgia law that prevents trial courts from granting bail to people convicted of certain crimes, including aggravated child molestation, when the original sentence exceeds five years, as is the case with Wilson.

"As the court has no authority to grant an appeal bond in this case, there is no need for an evidentiary hearing on the defendant's eligibility for a bond," Emerson wrote in a three-page order.

Wilson's attorney B.J. Bernstein released a statement after the ruling saying she will file an appeal with the Georgia Court of Appeals.

Before Emerson's decision, Bernstein told ABC News that she was hopeful that her client would be released pending appeal because "this is a unique situation in which the court already has granted habeas relief and ordered Wilson free."

Bernstein did not immediately return a call Wednesday to comment after the judge's Wednesday ruling. Douglas County District Attorney David McDade, whose office originally convicted Wilson, was also unavailable for comment.

'Grave Miscarriage of Justice'

On June 11, Monroe County Superior Court Judge Thomas H. Wilson ordered Genarlow Wilson released. Judge Wilson had called the original sentence a "grave miscarriage of justice" in court papers, and replaced it with a 12-month misdemeanor sentence, plus credit for time served. According to the judge's decision, Wilson would not be required to register as a sex offender.

The one-time high school honor student and star athlete, now 21, had served more than two years of his mandatory 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex in 2003 from a 15-year-old girl when he was 17.
    But just 90 minutes after the judge's June 11 ruling, Georgia Attorney General Thurbert Baker filed notice that he would appeal the decision before the Georgia Supreme Court. Baker said in a statement that the judge had overstepped his authority and that an appeal was necessary "to resolve the clearly erroneous legal issues created by the order."

Baker said in a news release that he would "seek expedited treatment of the appeal so that all legal impediments to Wilson's case can be resolved without undue delay."

ABC News: No Bail in Teen Oral Sex Case

The Liberty Papers »Blog Archive » Genarlow Wilson Is Still In Jail

Whopping Member
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    Madness.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-03-2024 @ 02:28 PM
    That's what happens when religous nutjobs run the show......

Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Last Online
    16-09-2007 @ 07:25 AM
    Was the 15 old girl white?

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by kerux View Post
    Was the 15 old girl white?
    I don't think so, but you can google, Sir Kerux.

There are some archaic and bizarre laws on the books in many states in the U.S.

They are not enforced - but they also are not rescinded/changed.

So these weird convictions and sentences can happen.

Wait a minute....What's all of the "freedom" talk?

Last Online
    I don't think so, but you can google, Sir Kerux.
    I did, before I asked the question. And yes, she was white.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    14-05-2014 @ 05:06 PM
    ^And your point is?

Last Online
    Can't watch a jewish controlled Hollywood program that doesn't show black men as virile desirables [as opposed to those wimpy white guys] that influence these impressionable young white girls to 'chill' with these black 'cool' guys.

Had it been a black chick giving head to some white sex fiend, [like a Duke lacrosse player] we'd never hear about the white guy's plight.

F*ck the white guys.

Look at all you whites coming to the defense of this black guy, while nary a word of support did we hear from you about Channon/Newsom when those five blacks perped their hated crime against them.
    Last edited by kerux; 29-06-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM

Had it been a black chick giving head to some white sex fiend, [like a Duke lacrosse player] we'd never hear about the white guy's plight.
    We wouldn't hear about the white guys plight becuase he wouldn't have gone to jail.

Personally I think what a 15 year old and a 17 year old get up to is none of the governments business.
    Last edited by mad_dog; 29-06-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog View Post

We wouldn't hear about the white guys plight becuase he wouldn't have gone to jail.

Personally I think what a 15 year old and a 17 year old get up to is none of the governments business.
    The white guy wouldn't have gone to jail for getting head from a 15 year old black chick? What planet do you live on? Sharpton and Jackson would have been all over that within 15 minutes and we'd still be hearing about it.

That black rap and black hip hop only works one way - the black guys get our white women. Take a look at the Madison Avenue ads - everywhere you look it's a white chick w/a black dude. The black guys are 'hip' us whites are 'wimps.'
    Last edited by kerux; 30-06-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    08-12-2011 @ 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog View Post

The white guy wouldn't have gone to jail for getting head from a 15 year old black chick? What planet do you live on? Sharpton and Jackson would have been all over that within 15 minutes and we'd still be hearing about it.
    Except for one thing, Kerux: the OP represents REALITY and what you're proposing, before you spin off into more scenarios, is HYPOTHETICAL, as in: has never happened. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kerux
    That black rap and black hip hop only works one way - the black guys get our white women. Take a look at the Madison Avenue ads - everywhere you look it's a white chick w/a black dude. The black guys are 'hip' us whites are 'wimps.'
    You should listen to more white rap, like the Beastie Boys or Snow! Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

And as for "a black chick giving head to some white sex fiend, [like a Duke lacrosse player]" that reminds me of a few websites I know...

Last Online
    No, hooty, it's not okay. I could bring several reality scenarios just like the one I posted. And why are you honkies stickin' up for this black guy when I had to be the one to bring up the white couple that was raped, murdered and mutilated and when I did, I was called a racist?

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Do you mean to say you are not a racist?

You're even attempting to hijack this thread for your racist agenda.

Whopping Member
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog
    Quite. And whatever fucking colour they are is completely irrelevant.

Last Online
    Unless the victim is non-white and the perp is white and then it's a 'crime' - usually a 'hate crime' or racism - and then the MSM puts the event before the rest of us ad nauseum.

And anyone who discusses such patterns, is labeled by useful idiots as a racist. Just like anyone who discusses jewish related issues and news is labeled anti-semitic.
    Last edited by kerux; 02-07-2007 at 03:26 AM.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    the black guys get our white women.
    White women dont belong to you, so stop calling them 'our' white women.

A little jealous there Kerux?

Last Online
    Of white feminist razor edged women like you?

My guess is you're too overweight and too old to be of interest to many men, black or white.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    I honestly don't understand the hostility to interacial marriage. Blackgang's constant references to a black man shagging stroller's sister probably has some deep pyschological roots...

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    It's a 'merkin thing. Many of them are envious of real Germans and wish their ancestors hadn't left and fukced around with other races. Def not Aryan, these guys.

An unhealthy obsession, if you ask me.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    Of white feminist razor edged women like you?
    No, I didn't mean are you jealous of me, I meant are you just a little jealous of those black men that by your reckoning are taking all of your women?

punk douche bag
    Last Online
    @
    The "find a famous Jew that has a black wife" game now has it's own thread in the issues forum.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    ^Not in the games room?

Last Online
    @
    Well, they let this guy out of prison after serving 2 years. He got sentenced to 10 years in prison with no parole because a high school girl, less than two years younger consensually gave him a BJ. He had no prior record, and was (and still is) college material. Like I said before, as crazy as this case is, the girl didn't serve any jail time. Bunch of nutters in Georgia, I suppose. Bible belt, freaks.

October 26, 2007:
    By Matthew Bigg ATLANTA (Reuters) - A Georgia man sentenced to 10 years in jail without parole for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17 walked free on Friday after the state's top court ordered his early release.

Genarlow Wilson was greeted by his family as he left the Burruss Correctional Training Facility in Monroe County, Georgia, after serving two years, eight months in jail in a case that sparked a national campaign on his behalf.
    Link: Court frees U.S. teen jailed 10 years for oral sex | U.S. | Reuters

Last Online
    @
    kerux's a psychotic, but i would like to know whether or not the girl is white.

if so, it certainly could have been a factor in the OTT sentencing.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    kerux's a psychotic, but i would like to know whether or not the girl is white.

if so, it certainly could have been a factor in the OTT sentencing.
    The girl was also black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information