Last Online
    26-02-2020 @ 03:01 AM

CNC Woodworking Router

Does anyone know of a Cabinet shop in Phuket that operates a CNC Router that can machine parts from 18mm ply???

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Just curious, if you live in NZ why do you want a CNC router in Thailand?

Last Online
    I operate a CNC router here in NZ making componentry from 18mm ply and may have a "big job" coming up and I think it would be a good thing to get them made in Thailand. I could get the job done and have a holiday at the same time in a place that I enjoy visiting. Do you know of such a place?? I was unable to find a router when I was last in Phuket . The closest machine I could find was in Bangkok.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Does it have to be in Phuket, I know of one in outer Udon doing components for furniture.

Last Online
    Sorry to ignorant...............But is that Undon Thani, up by Sakon Nakhon??
    yes I could be interested as my partner comes from there...But I would prefer Southern Thailand..........Thanks for the interest...

Last Online
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    But I would prefer Southern Thailand..........Thanks for the interest...
    Maybe there is but surely the purpose of CNC is that the machine does the work. Makes more sense to me to commission the work in Bangkok and then travel to Phuket for a holiday and return via Bangkok.

Unless there are tax/claimable expense reasons?

Last Online
    I would like to be close and oversea the job to make sure that they don't change the specifications etc. I would be more comfortable with that and be able to have a finger on the pulse.............

Last Online
    Well just like you can, I found some CNC router places in Bangkok, by surfing.

I have a contact who maybe interested in being your quality control guy if you would rather sit on the beach, but he isn't cheap.

He does similar work for large multinationals who source in Thailand. But he only checks finished products prior to shipment. I don't think he will sit there all day and watch.

The quality of the plywood is where I envisage the problem, if you need something specific. I have no knowledge of what types of plywood are available here. 18mm is approx 3/4" My experience is with small section steel. Maybe like steel here, both imperial and metric dimensions are mixed and matched at will. Ask for 1 1/2" (38mm) and one gets 35mm! They have 38mm but... well you know it is the same when welded into frames and roofs etc!

If you want 18mm softwood ply that would be a problem maybe, I really don't know if that is imported? The only softwood I see here is from dunnage I see outside the port, they make furniture from it at the side of the road.

Maybe the first step would be to find the material then?

My acquaintance is more a particle board guy. Office furniture and the like.

Never the less I hope you find what you are looking for and then you'll need someone with an export licence unless it is small enough to hand carry?

Bounce stuff off me if you want.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

Banned

Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    ^How cost effective is it to manufacture in LOS and ship out to NZ? Duties, labor, materials packaging and all?

Last Online
    I have also found a place in Bkk......I would prefer Phuket or at the least Sth Thailand. The product is an international one and will be sent to most corners of the earth not only NZ...There are other reasons I would there.....The Phuket Airport is International and it is possible to go anywhere in the world in "two" jumps....That also helps with coalition of other componentry, distribution..I am suprised that there is not one in Phuket..In my home town of 20,000 there are at least 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    If the product is "air freight capable," then it seems ridiculous to trans ship or manufacture in Thailand unless there's a boatload of savings.

Are you just bored and started this thread? Can't be serious imo.

Last Online
    First I have to find a CNC machine. The hourly rates in Thailand are much less than in NZ and other parts of the world. The shipping rates will be similar to NZ although Thailand is closer to the end user. Thank you Itnt for your concern about my intentions, but my original question is very simple............"Does anyone know of a Cabinet shop in Phuket that operates a CNC Router that can machine parts from 18mm ply???" If the answer is yes, what is the address?

Last Online
    Seen yesterday at BITEC. Doesn't help but it they are CNC routers.

The bottom one is actually routing when picture taken.

Last Online
    Yes that's the type of machines I am looking for. But the woodworking CNC Machines are bigger and "more solid" and must automatic tool changer, as different several different cutters are required from 3mm to 20mm.

Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    Last Online
    @
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Have you considered contacting the boat yards in Phuket?

Your original question was about a cabinet maker, but they probably do everything by hand. If anybody is going to invest in a pricey piece of kit like you need I'd guess it would be one of the boat suppliers/re-fitters.

Last Online
    I am planning to come to Phuket soon.
    I will follow the boat builders lead.
    But I would appreciate if any one knows of a CNC machine in Southern of Thailand.

Thread Information