Thread: Travel to Bali

Last Online
    20-06-2014 @ 12:36 PM

Question Travel to Bali

Are Thai nationals required to have a visa to visit bali for a 14 day holiday.

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Effective from August 1, 2005, all arrivals to Indonesia are subject to new visa regulations.

Countries that do not require a Visa to enter Bali & Indonesia.

Brunei Darussalam
    Chile
    Hongkong Special Administrative Region
    Macao Special Administrative Region,
    Malaysia
    Morocco
    Peru
    Philippines
    Singapore
    Thailand
    Vietnam

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Visa Free - Short Visit

Citizens from the following countries are given Short Term Visitor Visas for purposes of holiday, exhibition, tourism, business, and social-culture and valid for 30 (thirty) days. This Visa could not be converted, extended or used to obtain other immigration permits:

• Brunei Darussalam
    • Chile
    • Hong Kong SAR
    • Macao SAR
    • Malaysia
    • Morocco
    • Peru
    • Philippines
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam
    • Singapore
    The official entry requirements for the issuance of a visa-free short visit permit:

1. Passport must be from one of the eleven countries listed above.
    2. Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months from the date of entry into Indonesia.
    3. Onward or return tickets are compulsory.
    4. Visitors must enter and exit through the airports or seaports or border crossing post officially approved as an “International Gateway” by the Indonesian Immigration department.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Thetyim beat me to it. Gets stamped when they arrive, no money needed. Part of the ASEAN agreements.

Last Online
    28-02-2020 @ 11:00 AM
    fuckin nightmare BALI airport ...and then the visa on arrival crap..if you are unfortunate enough to get caught when a few airbuses arrive

Last Online
    22-03-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    and theres some thieving Kunts airside as well saw 6 young chinese travellers get ripped of for US$60 for 6 cans of warm Coke at a snack bar there a few weeks ago they didnt speak any Indo or English and the Kunt at the counter just helped herself to a fiistfull of dollars when one of them held them out to her !

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by nedwalk
    ...and then the visa on arrival crap..
    I always advise friends to get the visa beforehand to save grief.

Quote Originally Posted by steve down under
    and theres some thieving Kunts airside as well saw 6 young chinese travellers get ripped of for US$60 for 6 cans of warm Coke at a snack bar there a few weeks ago they didnt speak any Indo or English and the Kunt at the counter just helped herself to a fiistfull of dollars when one of them held them out to her !
    he should have stepped in and said somethign, I have before.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    04-04-2023 @ 10:03 PM
    Bali's a shitehole now, after receiving in a Yellow and Black Customs form [3 third form to fill in] I refused to fill it in! told the prick to search my Bags, Bluff
    $40 a 1/2 day at a standard Hotel I was charged for 2 days in 24hrs

$25 for a Taxi I started walking!

I was only in Transt there for 24 hours on the way back from CNX! POOKI MI !

Last Online
    28-02-2020 @ 11:00 AM
    thanks to MARPETI bloody airline i have lost 26 hours of my life in bali bloody transit..fortunately i found the duty free, a new friend and mr Jack Daniels..turned out not so bad, the coffee shop owner was most complient in supplying the mixers and plates of food ...but in saying all that..fuck bali international airport and their scamming visa 'express' pricks and scamming taxi bastards..and i did warn a few unsuspecting tourists of their scams
    RIGGER IS JUST JEALOUS OF MY HANSUMNESS

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    I am sure that everyone, everywhere has bad experiences, but for me I have not had a bad experience at Bali yet, not that I don't expect it to happen sometime in the future.

As I work in Papua, I go through Bali to either get to Perth, Singapore or Bangkok.
    The wife (Thai) came to visit and had no issues, she didn't require a Visa but she did need a permit to come to Papua as the Indonesians consider it a "conflict zone".

I once arrived in Bali at 3:10pm and collected my luggage and got through immigration and aboard a Thai flight that departed at 4:00pm so I had no complaints that day, well maybe about the US$75 Thai charge for bringing the flight forward 24 hours. My biggest problem in this instance was the f**k##g Thai Airways machine wouldn't accept my Mastercard so had to rush out side to use an ATM to get cash.

Last time I went through , coming from perth, I had too much crap with me and put my shoulder bag, with all my documents, passport and money in into the X-ray machine and forgot to pick it up. Didn't realise until outside and when I went back for it they had kept it safe and hadn't knicked anything.

A few times I have had to wait more than 12 hours and it is a pain if I am not flying business as I can at least then get into the lounge and have a shower. The first time I seen one of those big rats almost run up my leg I nearly shit myself, can't believe how many there are.

Hopefully they will finish the new building sometime soon and it will be better.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by ootai
    A few times I have had to wait more than 12 hours and it is a pain if I am not flying business as I can at least then get into the lounge and have a shower.
    Even business class in Bali is fairly ordinary.

But I have had no real problems there either.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Truthfully, are Bali beaches any better than some of those in Thailand?

I always wanted to visit the South Pacific, but after discovering beaches in Thailand, I personally felt there was no need.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Yes, and no.

Thread Information