Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Out there...
    Last Online
    @

Pattaya: Teacher caning student clip goes viral

Video of teacher caning student gets backing from Thai netizens. | Bangkok Post: breakingnews

Teacher caning student clip goes viral

A video clip of a school teacher repeatedly beating a student with a cane has drawn more positive responses than negative ones from Thai netizens.

In the 43-second video, uploaded to Youtube on Monday by PutDejudomVEVO, the teacher scolded her student for not doing his homework, viciously caning him many times.

According to reports, the incident took place at Ban Noen Phlapwan School in Pattaya, Chon Buri province.

School director Prateep Sriraksa said the teacher was from his school and she had started teaching not so long ago.

He said the woman teaches Thai language. She told him that she had to punish some of her students because they refused to do their homework, even though she had warned them and deducted points time and again.

"I've met with the student and his parents and they understand the situation and won't hold any grudge against the teacher," Mr Prateep said.

The teacher also assured him that she will not discipline her students this way again, the school director added.

Some Thai netizens posted messages condemning the teacher's action.

A Youtube user said the teacher probably had personal problems and she was venting her frustration by furiously beating the student.

Another said the Thai education system needed reform because hitting students will not improve them, as can be seen by the number of young drug addicts and street racers.

However, many internet users said it was not wrong to discipline students by caning them.

"When I was young, my mum and teachers hit me so I became disciplined and studied hard. Without them, I might still be lazy and be a construction worker," a commenter said.

"For those who say the caning method is wrong, uncivilised and violent, compare the kids in the past and present. In general, kids nowadays are immoral, disrespectful, irresponsible and shameless. The cane has made me respect the law, be respectful to others, take responsibility and be ready to accept when I'm wrong," another netizen said.
    "Slavery is the daughter of darkness; an ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction; ambition and intrigue take advantage of the credulity and inexperience of men who have no political, economic or civil knowledge. They mistake pure illusion for reality, license for freedom, treason for patriotism, vengeance for justice."-Simón Bolívar

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    The teacher looks like my kinda girl

Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:20 PM
    she is cute...I'm next.)

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-11-2020 @ 11:56 AM
    In general, kids nowadays are immoral, disrespectful, irresponsible and shameless.

This is what the kids today are. Sad to see but the main problem is the PARENTS themselves do little if ANYTHING to help the teachers.

Last Online
    26-06-2019 @ 02:44 AM
    Don't see the problem--if he did something wrong; when I was a boy my parents and teachers hit me every time I did something wrong, and I didn't end up a wife beater, serial killer, rapist, pedophile or child molester. Too many politically correct individuals out there that think violence teaches violence. I've never had any violent tendencies in my life. The swats taught me discipline and respect for others, and that there are rules to live by and if the rules are broken there will be consequences.......kind of like real life!

Last Online
    29-01-2016 @ 05:41 PM
    Jesus,she doesnt hold back.Anyone got her phone number, I am a very naughty boy.

Last Online
    28-01-2024 @ 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart888 View Post
    she is cute...I'm next.)
    basd upon what visual evidence, a pony tail?

i am disappointed by the same thing daily on the street.

good from far is often far from good

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Looks as she likes this shite a little too much...

Sadist. In the proverbial educator/military attire.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-03-2015 @ 05:42 PM
    Put that bitch in jail for a week, dock a month's pay. It's against the law, a gross violation of the student's rights and a breach of public trust. Let her go back to teaching if she's truly contrite and apologizes, and only on probation. Jokes aside, there ought to be zero tolerance for such behavior.

On a side note, Thai language teachers are by far the most reviled by students. Boring classes, hard ass tests, and a bunch of mostly old freakshows teaching it.

Out there...
    Last Online
    @
    Teacher Disciplined at East Pattaya School after Facebook video goes viral

5th March, 2013

A female teacher at an East Pattaya government-run school was disciplined on Tuesday after the family of a student who was beaten with a wooden stick as other students looked on and secretly filmed the beating, posted the video...

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    She could earn good money in Wardour street doing that ,,,,, if only someone could get her a visa ,,,,,,, hold on where's my little book of numbers

Last Online
    15-07-2021 @ 04:44 PM
    Betwixt Orientals, Occidentals & Accidentals
    Physically beaten for not doing homework?

Please.

They just copy it from others anyway.
    Last edited by WilliamBlake; 06-03-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    I attended a Catholic Convent school when I was 9. Sister Arra the Nun from Austria would cane my hand,it hurt so bad,was unable to hold a pen afterwards. To think that some nutters out there would pay good money for that.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-01-2022 @ 04:27 AM
    Good on her, should be more of it. My grand mother said," spare the rod spoil the child ". I got the strap at school, it didnt do me any harm.

Last Online
    26-01-2014 @ 06:58 AM
    If it was my kid being beaten by a teacher, I would give him/her the same. Just a frustrated teacher, doesn't belong in a class room. There are numerous non physical disciplinary actions that she could have taken.

What is her next action on a kid if this doesn't help.....

She should be sacked!
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    It amazes me how many people on the thread think it's ok. That they recall back fondly to how well behaved kids used to be compared to now, how many decades and centuries has that refrain sung out? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz View Post
    If it was my kid being beaten by a teacher, I would give him/her the same. Just a frustrated teacher, doesn't belong in a class room. There are numerous non physical disciplinary actions that she could have taken.

She should be sacked!
    Agreed. But it boils down to her not receiving adequate training and tools in the first place.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-11-2020 @ 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz View Post

She should be sacked!

IF and I do mean IF, there were different ways for disciplinary action then the parents wouldn't support it anyway. You can't give them lines to write or extra homework, stand in the corner or any other forms of getting the little shits to even LISTEN in class much likely do their work.

You can't bring in the NO PASS you FAIL as the parents would never let it happen. They would say: My child has to pass as they'll lose face. So sad that the parents do see that the real person to blame is the parents themselves for allowing their lazy kids just play all day in school. Parents don't ask if their kids LEARNED anything in school, they ask them if they had FUN.
    Eliminator
    1986 Kawasaki 900

Last Online
    18-03-2013 @ 08:20 AM
    Probably be much better to bring the parents in for a whipping... and then let them issue the warning to the kids at home in their own way. lolWhat is this "save face" crap... if your kid fails in class, you SHOULD lose a little since you did not help them by making sure they did some homework or paid attention in class. Just plain lazy in my book...

Last Online
    By the way... This is to Gaysexbyproxy - thank you for that thread on getting a teacher's license. Totally enjoyed reading your comments, and have now decided to stay retired and play golf instead. lol

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-11-2023 @ 10:30 AM
    The little shite secretly filming needs a good beating too!

Last Online
    I agree... phones should be in backpacks and students should be studying.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    Foking hell, that give me the horn. Awesome.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    When I was young, my mum and teachers hit me so I became disciplined and studied hard. Without them, I might still be lazy and be a construction worker
    I don't suppose he has ever lifted a brick in his soft life

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampattaya View Post
    Don't see the problem--if he did something wrong; when I was a boy my parents and teachers hit me every time I did something wrong, and I didn't end up a wife beater, serial killer, rapist, pedophile or child molester. Too many politically correct individuals out there that think violence teaches violence. I've never had any violent tendencies in my life. The swats taught me discipline and respect for others, and that there are rules to live by and if the rules are broken there will be consequences.......kind of like real life!

maybe you didn't, and nobody is saying being beaten does make you into a criminal

but the psychological effect on you, and those kids watching, can be serious

if what you say is really the case and you have no ill effects, that does not mean that other kids will not be adversely affected
    I have reported your post

R.I.P
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Maybe if the Mercedes man Moo Ham would have had a few sessions of "treatment" like this he may not have turned out the horrible little spoiled brat he is now ,caning,s were just the order of the day when I was a kid ,and I never heard or saw any one being adversely affected by them , we just took our lumps and got on with life .

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information