Thread: uk visa appeal

Last Online
    05-03-2013 @ 04:19 AM

uk visa appeal

My niece has been refused a holiday visa. How can she appeal and can i appeal on her behalf from the UK?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    18-05-2021 @ 03:37 PM
    I think you can only appeal if the decision is unlawful or contravene's your human rights.

I doubt you can do much from there.

info will be on the negative letter you received from UKBA

Last Online
    @
    Forget the appeal. You can just re-apply straight away. It is a quicker process apparently. The points on the rejection notice she received make sure you cover them all before you reapply.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    What happened to the fee that you paid?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    18-05-2021 @ 03:37 PM
    ^ British Embassy we're talking about.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Forget the appeal. You can just re-apply straight away. It is a quicker process apparently. The points on the rejection notice she received make sure you cover them all before you reapply.
    This^

We had an unlawful rejection several years ago.

I got an immigration lawyer, he said we could appeal, but it would take longer and cost more than to just reapply. Which we did, he also addressed the points in a covering letter and we were accepted straight away.

loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM

Forget the appeal. You can just re-apply straight away. It is a quicker process apparently.
    The british embassy these days is hard pressed for cash. They just love to reject a first application for just about any reason , pocket the fee, then grant the application the second time around and get the fee again . Nice little earner for them. They are not here to serve the interests of their citizens, merely fleece them at every opportunity.

IMO they are the worst kind of bureaucratic scumbags this side of Pluto.

Last Online
    05-03-2013 @ 04:19 AM
    Yes u wright! They real work hard for u tching. Maybe if I smuggler on a boat she probably can stay here

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    My g/f was refused a visa on the grounds that they "feared she would overstay"

I got the email of the officer who was responsible for the refusal and badgered him with lots of reasons why that was incorrect

they gave her the visa after about a month

euston has flown

Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai View Post

Forget the appeal. You can just re-apply straight away. It is a quicker process apparently.
    The british embassy these days is hard pressed for cash. They just love to reject a first application for just about any reason , pocket the fee, then grant the application the second time around and get the fee again . Nice little earner for them. They are not here to serve the interests of their citizens, merely fleece them at every opportunity.

IMO they are the worst kind of bureaucratic scumbags this side of Pluto.
    just how involved are the embassy staff in the decision making process given, I believe, that the jobs been handed to an indian outsourcing company, who will also make a wedge out of multiple applications for a visa.

If they are revenue farming, perhaps we should keep a sticky for the latest excuses.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    as long as the application is standard, the outsorce company will pass it; if it is obviouslt flawed, they will fail it

in cases where a slightly more difficult decision has to be made, they will pass it back to the consulate

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post
    This^

We had an unlawful rejection several years ago.

I got an immigration lawyer, he said we could appeal, but it would take longer and cost more than to just reapply. Which we did, he also addressed the points in a covering letter and we were accepted straight away.
    Testify Brother!

Simple secret is that they assume any Thai / South East Asian is a hooker, especially if she does not have a degree from a good university and a good job. They will think you are BKKandrew pimping her out unless you can prove otherwise.
    1) Reason to return - owns car/ house / business / has a decent job
    2) Cash to support for well over the amount of time there. If not her, then you
    3) has return ticket - they like to see this although they advise not to buy it before the visa is applied for.

that's the usual ones, and if you can cover these bases, you will get the visa.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    My g/f was refused a visa on the grounds that they "feared she would overstay"
    Standard reason for rejection from all third national countries by all EU Countries apparently and judging from the forums I read when trying to get someone into the UK last year.

Try again and have the points above covered if possible...if not then use a lawyer.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Try again
    read the rest of my post

euston has flown

Last Online
    ^^^That explains why better half has never had a problem, with her visa's.

her employer has the right to send the police round to drag her into work if she does not go and if she's out of the country, flag her for arrest on the immigration computer. likewise if she leaves the country without permission.

Last Online
    07-02-2015 @ 10:54 AM
    i did an appeal last year for my wifes sister she got the visa . not sure if it has changed now

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz View Post
    ^^^That explains why better half has never had a problem, with her visa's.

her employer has the right to send the police round to drag her into work if she does not go and if she's out of the country, flag her for arrest on the immigration computer. likewise if she leaves the country without permission.
    ON parole then? What was she done for

euston has flown

Last Online
    No just a minion of the illuminati

Thread Information