Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online
    @

Airline child-free zones

Ive in the past been unfortunate to be seated next to some one with a small child , on several occasions the journey was a complete nightmare . I know young children have to some times travel with their parents and from what ive seen it can be a stressful thing. So just seeing this Idea , which I personally think is long overdue , I'm wondering what you guy's think , have you ever been seated next to a high pitched squealing little devil , and do you think this idea should be adopted by all airlines.

A Malaysian airline has launched “quiet zones” on selected flights, where children under the age of 12 are not permitted to sit.

A new booking system allows passengers to reserve a seat, at no extra cost, in the designated area when booking through the airline's website . Air Asia X – the long-haul arm of no-frills carrier Air Asia – announced the initiative last year, but only installed the child-free zones this week.

The policy means that youngsters are banned from rows 7-14 – the first seven economy class rows – on Airbus A330-300 flights to China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Australia and Nepal. Passengers booking online can choose to sit in that section by paying the standard seat reservation fee of RM35-RM110. Any group containing a passenger younger than 12 will not be able to book these seats.

The zones also contain “special ambient lighting”, according to the Air Asia X website, providing a “more relaxing atmosphere”. The new seating plan follows a move by rival Malaysian Airlines to ban children from the top deck of its Airbus A380 “superjumbo” aircraft.

A number of surveys have claimed that the majority of passengers find noisy children their biggest gripe when flying. A poll of Telegraph Travel readers carried out last year found that nearly 70 per cent would support the introduction of child-free flights.

Budget airline unveils child-free zones - Telegraph
    If you whistle at night snakes will come to your house.

Last Online
    15-07-2021 @ 04:44 PM
    Betwixt Orientals, Occidentals & Accidentals
    The zones also contain special ambient lighting providing a “more relaxing atmosphere”.
    Why not just... oh, never mind.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    I think a better solution is that they all be drugged or beaten upon boarding.

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    A kid behind you kicking the seat or banging the table is a pain but one beside you is OK as you get the whole armrest to yourself as they are small.

Air Asia now offer kid-free zones on their long hauls from Aussie to KL. First 10 rows in the plane.

Personally I would fly with any airline that offers fat-bastard free zones.

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    A couple of international carriers have already create policy restricting children under 5-6 from flying.

Expect more to slowly follow suit.

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    A couple of international carriers have already create policy restricting children under 5-6 from flying.

Bullshit.
    Which ones?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Banning kids from the front rows makes it a bit tricky when the sleeping cots for the kids are all installed in the front rows (bulkheads).

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post

Source links?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy
    A new booking system allows passengers to reserve a seat, at no extra cost,
    Passengers booking online can choose to sit in that section by paying the standard seat reservation fee of RM35-RM110
    at no extra cost besides scamming you into paying for booking a seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin
    bullshit time

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo
    Bullshit.
    That's your kid in the photo isn't it Koojo?

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Could almost be.

He would be unlikely to have a soft toy though, more likely a pocketfull of marbles and sticky sweets and holding a remote control car or something.
    Last edited by Cujo; 07-02-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    If they stick all these kids together, where they can interact, there will be a hell of a lot more noise on the plane I reckon.

Take this picture for an example

That guy is likely to be ignoring the boy with the bear, If there was another kid sat in that guys place with a Dinosaur ..........

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    That does look a lot like your kid Koojo.

Looks like he's speaking to his Dad

Last Online
    13-08-2013 @ 04:46 AM
    Spoiled kids and fat bastards are my biggest airline gripe!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    13-03-2024 @ 04:10 PM
    banned from rows 7-14 – the first seven economy class rows
    Great to be sitting in Row 14 with 3 kids in Row 15 !!

Banned

Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Pick your nose and wipe it on the seat top for the lad to chew on as a late night snack? Crunchy stuff, Ummmmm! Gooood!

I don't mind kids on flights. I hate drunks and people with poor body hygiene. Just can't get to a bathtub now can they?

Kids are nothing compared to the above. Most small kids cry due to the air pressure changes while flying. Poor little lads and ladies ears hurt like hell. Sucking on a straw will ease the pressure on their ear drums.

I like kids, just hate their parents.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Did you have problems when you were growing up then, Itnt?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    I agree

the last two flights I have been on when I was in cabin class, I got a fat bastard sitting next to me overflowing into my already pathetic seat space

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    I got a fat bastard sitting next to me overflowing into my already pathetic seat space
    So basically, two fat bastards astride one another?

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    Did you have problems when you were growing up then, Itnt?
    Nope, just winged it the whole way. Happy as a lark. Laying in the cool comfort of a fluffy bed with a view to Mt. Fuji listening to mom reading nursery rhymes about Little Black Sambo, Dumbo, and the wizard of Oz. Two maids and one houseboy, beautiful black wood floors polished daily, gardener trimming the plants and lots of local Japanese friends to join in the fun of the school yard. Yup, andy I struggled as a kid, but I overcame all my handicaps.

It got tougher later when I actually met the world, but for the most its been a great ride.

I'm sure you have a similar tale to tell, but knowing you and your inability to write more than one liners, it won't say anything of note. It doesn't matter as I know you have lots to say so don't let me keep you from your daily trog about the T.D. circuit for those who have little or nothing else to do.

Have a nice day Mandy.

Banned

Last Online
    I've been warned about posting subjects considered "to personal in nature," as it may come back to haunt me. Thanks for the advice. I do try to be "nice," as you put it, but some posters just don't understand it.

I seriously doubt that anyone could do very much that would affect me or do a search for further data on me through this small window. I don't say, never can, but unlikely. I'm simply not that interesting. More salt of the earth. Grow up, have the usual ups and downs, do the right things, follow the rules, work for a living, play when its time and try to make a contribution where and when I can.

Probably the same story over and over for most of those who post here. When someone tries to stir the pot with their negatives all the time, rather than buy into the shit fest they obviously like to engage in I reply with something that leaves no doubt about the purpose of the abrasive antagonistic poster.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. green on the way if allowed. Sorry, got to spread it around. Something like the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    I think a better solution is that they all be drugged or beaten upon boarding.
    Nice idea but not very PC.

Maybe they could just be boxed and stuck in the baggage hold to be collected by the parents from the carousel with the other luggage.

Last Online
    24-05-2023 @ 02:47 AM
    I can deal with kids making normal kids noises. The only time I ever said anything was when the kid was watching videos on his iPod at full volume. No headphones. Fucktard of a parent that I complained to did exactly nothing. Several voodo pins were inserted and curses quietly laid after that.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post

A kid behind you kicking the seat or banging the table is a pain.

They should have a sound proof box in the belly of the aircraft where screaming kids are locked up and they should recieve a sound thrashing when placed in that box.

The kids that are well behaved should be given a box of smarties to munch on being a just reward for there good behaviour.

Regarding the fat conts, they should just be banished from the face of the earth and certainly banned from an aircraft at the best of times. Hate those fat fucks walking down the plane towards me.

Every fok on the plane is dreading the horrible fat bastard could plonk there fat arse next to them.

So in conclusion, you fat conts out there should either hire a car or foking get on a boat.

Cheers and have a good day.

Last Online
    @
    All these ills are within the capacity of the airlines to fix.

It's easy; they did it with smoking. Just a matter of responding to customer demand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information