Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @

trip advisor site reliable now?

I have posted a few reviews on there over the past couple of years. However the two very negative reviews of hotels were both removed, both were Thai Hotels, one owned by a falang. One of these dumps has 22 five star reviews, who knows how many negative ones taken off.
    I have tried to be honest about these places, which is more than trip advisor is. I would not bother taking the site very seriously from now on. Anybody else posted stuff on there and had it taken off?

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    I've heard more critiques toward the review site tripadvisor over the years, in one fashion or another.

Admin can be influenced by this or that [politics], instead of allowing free and anonymous reviews to go unchecked - good, bad, or indifferent.
    Has a reputation as a conduit for candid trolling, sabotage, and personal vendettas.

I guess it is what it is.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Had one review removed and a couple rejected, the other few are all there, but I don't understand their reasons for the removal and the rejections, the reviews I posted were honest and straightforward.

I did note that in one case another reviewer posted some pretty negative non-factual remarks concerning cleanliness about the same place as I'd posted a positive one,

Couldn't figure that out.

Watched a TV programme recently about Trip Advisor and its regular advisors/critics and thought, what a bunch of hair-splitting, nit-picking, destructive bunch of potential blackmailers they were! Businesses can be destroyed by creeps like that!!!
    “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? John 10:34.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    I've posted a few reviews lately the last one giving the Tune hotel at KLCC a good lashing.

I praised the hotel for its good pointed but flogged them for there weak points, all straight up honest opinions.

Got posted no worries, I reckon its how you word your critique.

I consider Trip Adviser a sight solid.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Pressure is growing on TripAdvisor, the travel review website, to improve its screening procedures following the emergence of new evidence of hoteliers attempting to manipulate their ratings and of fake reviews going up unnoticed.

A restaurant that is not even open is currently ranked 17th best in London, and two Telegraph Travel readers have been offered £180 to delete a negative view they posted of a hotel in Gloucestershire.

For the Love of Life at Tony’s was a “pop-up” restaurant that appeared briefly in Croydon last summer. After just nine reviews published over two weeks, it was ranked by TripAdvisor as the 11th best in the capital, out of nearly 10,000. Seven months later – long since closed – it had fallen to 76th.

Then, in an attempt to test TripAdvisor’s filtering systems, Kwikchex, a reputation-management company, submitted three fake reviews of the restaurant on the same day (February 17), two of which were identical. Just over a month later, the reviews were still on the site and the restaurant had risen to 17th best in London.

TripAdvisor under fire over fraud detection - Telegraph

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    if you depend on TripAdvisor for your choice, you really deserve everything you get

they have been known for some time as a "bent" site and not to be trusted

Thread Information