Last Online
    @

Can you recommend a good shipping agent...

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend a fair and reliable shipping agent, who is preferably Bangkok based.

I would be looking to have plywood construction packing cases shipped to the USA (typically Eastern sea port destinations), packing cases would typically be 400 to 600 Kg in weight and the volume would be 0.8 to 1.2 cubic metres respectively.

Quantity would typically be 5 - 10 packing cases per month. I would also be prepared to deliver to the shipping agents warehouse.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2022 @ 11:11 AM
    Listerman I have a agent who is good for LCL shippments.
    I will send info tomorrow when I get to work.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2022 @ 11:11 AM
    PS you can deliver streight to port is cheaper.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Listerman I have a agent who is good for LCL shipments.
    I will send info tomorrow when I get to work.
    Thanks Ratchaburi, thats much appreciated.

I would be happy to deliver directly to the port (to keep the price down), as it would seem that every time somone interacts with a shipment from Thailand the end price keeps ratcheting ever upwards, especially when they know that a Farang is involved.

For direct delivery to the port, how would that work for an internal fumigation of my packing cases, or would they just fumigate the whole container, and rely on the fumigation chemicals leeching into the internal volume of the packing case during the voyage to the receiving port.

Finally would this agent be able to arrange onward delivery from the recieving port [delivery direct to the customers premises] for a price.

Last Online
    21-12-2018 @ 04:30 PM
    How about keeping us all in the picture guys...this is worth caching. Cheers

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-01-2022 @ 04:27 AM
    Agreed

Last Online
    19-06-2015 @ 07:24 PM
    USA requires that the wood crates are made from treated wood with the certified paperwork. Without this the shipment will get hung up in USA customs.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    ^ +

Quote Originally Posted by Listerman
    For direct delivery to the port, how would that work for an internal fumigation of my packing cases, or would they just fumigate the whole container, and rely on the fumigation chemicals leeching into the internal volume of the packing case during the voyage to the receiving port.
    I think they just fumigate your boxes and provide the paperwork necessary

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by liveinlos View Post
    USA requires that the wood crates are made from treated wood with the certified paperwork. Without this the shipment will get hung up in USA customs.
    Your absolutely correct in this regard, however if the packing crates are made entirely from the correct grade of plywood this is considered as treated timber, as the glue that is used to hold the layers of wood together is toxic to wood boring insects / pests. Granted the appropriate certification would be required from the plywood manufacturer to prove this really was the case.

Last Online
    29-02-2016 @ 01:55 PM
    For shipping you might give Pioneer Ocean Freight Co. a call at: 02 367-3655. They are located in Bangkok.

Last Online
    17-01-2013 @ 05:01 PM
    Yes fumigation is fine for shipments to US, although you would need to fumigate before dropping off at the port. You can drop at forwarders warehouse or it is also possible to have the fumigation done at your factory.

Also as other's have mentioned if you have your own truck and can drop to the port directly you will save on trucking costs. You would still have to pay the port gate fee, but that is not expensive... and are receipt fees

for 4 wheel standard pick up... 78.50 THB + 107 THB
    for 4 wheel jumbo ... 185.50 THB + 107 THB
    for 6 wheel truck ... 346 THB + 107 THB
    (above based on Klong Toey Port in Bangkok)

You will still need to have a customs broker to arrange for export customs and to book with liner / coloader.

If terms are just prepaid to destination port, then the customs and delivery inside USA will be on the consignee's account. If under DDU or DDP, then the forwarder can have their office in USA handle the customsand delivery and you can pay the charges in Thailand.

I work with a Forwarder here in Bangkok, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and will try to answer any questions you may have.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-03-2024 @ 02:28 PM
    If you are paying any more than USD75 for docs, then you are being ripped.

Make sure that your quotations include destination charges. Some charge low freight rates, but high destination charges to make up the difference.

Get three quotes.Most of them preferably by forwarders that actually pack their own LCL containers.

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 04:52 PM
    Santa Fe Relocation
    sales and marketing manager: Karen Hochhauser.
    karenatsantafe.co.th
    Tel: 027429824 / 027429890.

Last Online
    13-06-2019 @ 10:55 AM
    Cheapest shipping is China shipping. for importing anything into Thailand always put the order in the Tha wifes name. may be the same for exporting as well.

Thread Information