Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Out there...
    Last Online
    @

Chiang Rai: Foreigner commits 'bizarre suicide'

Foreigner commits 'bizarre suicide' | Bangkok Post: breakingnews

Foreigner commits 'bizarre suicide'CHIANG RAI – An unidentified foreigner is believed to have committed suicide in a bizarre way, putting his head in a water-filled plastic bag and then sealing it with a copper wire around his neck, in a field near the Myanmar border, reports said.

His body was found in a grass field about 300 metres from the Thai-Myanmar border in Mae Faa Luang district on Thursday.

A soldier patrolling the area found the body and alerted the police.

There was no identification on the body. Police said the deceased was a Caucasian male, probably aged 25-30 years. He had been dead for two to three days.

Police said the dead man's head was in a plastic bag full of water and secured around his neck with a copper wire.

A preliminary investigation of thre scene found no trace of anything that would suggest he had been murdered, police said. There were no signs of struggle.

Police also found his belongings, a wallet with 600 baht in it, a phone, a tablet PC, and a pocket knife, and a motorcycle neatly covered with a sheet parked near his body. Police believe that the bike was rented.

Police said they had not ruled out murder and were waiting the autopsy results. They would further examine the items found with him in the hope they would provide clues to help identify the man.
    "Slavery is the daughter of darkness; an ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction; ambition and intrigue take advantage of the credulity and inexperience of men who have no political, economic or civil knowledge. They mistake pure illusion for reality, license for freedom, treason for patriotism, vengeance for justice."-Simón Bolívar

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    what?

Call me a cynic, but......

Last Online
    28-01-2021 @ 12:24 PM

Interesting

Ah, the drowning suicide technique developed in the deserts of Saudi Arabia.....

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-03-2015 @ 05:42 PM
    Yeah, obviously suicide.

Are the cops really THAT thick?

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by gaysexbyproxy View Post
    Yeah, obviously suicide.

Are the cops really THAT thick?
    Rhetorical question right?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    obviously suicide

if someone wanted to kill him, all they had to do was hit him on the head with a brick

Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Police said the dead man's head was in a plastic bag full of water and secured around his neck with a copper wire.
    I'm trying to work this out. how would one secure a bag full of water around someones head? Hold him upside down? Fill from the top?

Banned

Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    ^He's dead before the bag is filled. Plastic bag over head, suffocation...then fill and tie off.

Trying to drown oneself sets up an involuntary choking mechanism and its highly doubtful one could accomplish such a feat while the hands are untied and the body able to move about freely.

Recall last week the Russian who hung himself from the shower rod? Both hands free and yet he was able to accomplish this act while kneeling on the bathroom floor?

Suicide has a very strange twist here in LOS.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    You will probably find it described on an exit website somewhere, hyperventilation and shallow drowning.

Bit cumbersome for a murder.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
    ^He's dead before the bag is filled. Plastic bag over head, suffocation...then fill and tie off.

Trying to drown oneself sets up an involuntary choking mechanism and its highly doubtful one could accomplish such a feat while the hands are untied and the body able to move about freely.
    It's quite easy to do and is described as a fairly painless way of offing yourself.
    Hyperventilating strips the CO2 for your blood and prevents the breath reflex from kicking in. Hold your breath until you pass out.

Banned

Last Online
    ^Thanks Necron...i think...you actually studied this stuff?

Wow, I wouldn't believe it,but spose if you're serious about offing yerself, then you better read up on it.

Green on the way for "diligence."

Last Online
    12-05-2020 @ 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    plastic bag full of water and secured around his neck with a copper wire.
    pissed of some mining people up that way, hence the copper wire, subtle....

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    ^Thanks Necron...i think...you actually studied this stuff?

Wow, I wouldn't believe it,but spose if you're serious about offing yerself, then you better read up on it.

Green on the way for "diligence."

Happened to an acquaintance when we were having a competition to see who could lap the 50m pool underwater. He hyperventilated for about a minute before his try.
    Lifeguard saved him and gave us a right bollocking and explained it.
    He said he felt nothing, swimming and feeling fine one second, out like a light the next.

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    He said he felt nothing, swimming and feeling fine one second, out like a light the next.
    Yea, I can get that, but hyperventilating usually blacks you out not suffocates you? If you black out, you don't die and I'm sure there's no auto-reflex not working during that event?

I was on the operating room table with my neck wide open about 8-9 inches removing three tumors when I woke up, came out of the anesthesia, choking on the tube down my throat was instantaneous.

I pulled the tube out in a flash, started cussing the doctors out, thrashing all over the place. Panic had set in in my reflex mode. Blood everywhere, doc.'s got some more morphine in me quick and back to slumber land I went.

Believe me, you remember every detail of choking to death.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Hyperventilating strips the CO2 for your blood and prevents the breath reflex from kicking in.
    this is how nitrogen kills you - removes all the CO2 from your lungs so your body reflexively stops breathing

the opposite happens with more CO2 , your respiration rate increases until the correct balance is achieved.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post

It's quite easy to do and is described as a fairly painless way of offing yourself.
    Hyperventilating strips the CO2 for your blood and prevents the breath reflex from kicking in. Hold your breath until you pass out.
    Not quite sure it is that easy Necron. The situation you describe in a subsequent post was what is called "shallow water black out". Hyperventilation to scrub CO2 is part of it - but hypoxia (lack of oxygen) is the other part that triggers the black out. Your friend had kicked back his breathing reflex - and was doing fairly strenous activity in a situation where he was breath holding (underwater).

Not sure only holding your breath until you pass out would work without the activity.

So, unless the guy in this thread scrubbed CO2, filled the bag with water and then ran around madly for a good few minutes minutes - I can't see it working......

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    Yea, I can get that, but hyperventilating usually blacks you out not suffocates you? If you black out, you don't die and I'm sure there's no auto-reflex not working during that event?

I was on the operating room table with my neck wide open about 8-9 inches removing three tumors when I woke up, came out of the anesthesia, choking on the tube down my throat was instantaneous.

I pulled the tube out in a flash, started cussing the doctors out, thrashing all over the place. Panic had set in in my reflex mode. Blood everywhere, doc.'s got some more morphine in me quick and back to slumber land I went.

That's what the bag of water is for, first unconscious breath is your last.

Banned

Last Online
    I ain't buying it Nacron99. Stick a bag over your head, hyperventilate till you pass-out, just when do you pour the water in or do you do it while the water is already in the bag, while your sitting, laying or standing? I forgot, he also tied a copper wire around the neck and bag to secure it so the water didn't flow out...naa!

Guys got to be pretty ambidextrous to pull this one off. I ain't no expert on suicide, but this fuking guy had to be goofy to go through all that shit, to die. Me I'm all for the quick and dead version of a 357 magnum....

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM

That sounds awful.
    <Your advert for prostitutes here, reasonable rates>

Banned

Last Online
    ^It wasn't fun, but we survived.

Died once on the table in a different operation. Removal of a saliva gland, over medication and heart stopped. Interesting few minutes for the Doc.'s

When I enter doctor's offices the red lights go crazy in my head.

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    I'm trying to work this out. how would one secure a bag full of water around someones head? Hold him upside down? Fill from the top?
    You put the bag over his head, tie it tight round his neck and pump water up his arse until it comes out of his mouth.

Last Online
    15-10-2019 @ 07:16 AM
    Sounds a rather complicated and almost impossible method for an individual to commit suicide.
    Also why cover the bike with a sheet before supposedly committing suicide ?... hell I would think that the bike would be the last thing that this guy was worried about, but maybe just maybe his murderer was hoping to get back for it or get it picked up and it just didn't happen before he was found.

I wonder if he had been drowned before he was dumped and this elaborate scenario was a cover up. Hope they test all the water in his lungs.

RIP.

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    You put the bag over his head, tie it tight round his neck and pump water up his arse until it comes out of his mouth.
    Best answer so far.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    I ain't buying it Nacron99. Stick a bag over your head, hyperventilate till you pass-out, just when do you pour the water in or do you do it while the water is already in the bag, while your sitting, laying or standing? I forgot, he also tied a copper wire around the neck and bag to secure it so the water didn't flow out...naa!

Guys got to be pretty ambidextrous to pull this one off. I ain't no expert on suicide, but this fuking guy had to be goofy to go through all that shit, to die. Me I'm all for the quick and dead version of a 357 magnum....

Fill a bag with water, put it aside (hang it, or in a bucket).
    Spend a minute or two hyperventilating, probably after a Valium or two.
    Hold breath.
    Kneeling, lower head into bag and secure with wire.
    Lay down and keep holding breath until you pass out in the water.

There are easier ways and it would take some will power, but as said, this is pretty painless and would be an option if you lacked access to nitrogen or helium gas.

Banned

Last Online
    ^ Yea, like lets get all this together and go to an obscure empty field and do the deed. O.K., I'm flumox'ed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information