Thread: Faking water

euston has flown

Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM

Faking water

As some of you, the ones who really should find better things to do with your lives, know I've been helping git make a bigger fool of himself and excersise my inner demon; without feeling too guilty.

however all of this talk of water got me thinking, I am living in the international hub of fake brands and I have never come across fake water. So I had a little look round and strangly enough someones already done all the work.

So if there's some expensive foreign mineral water you like, here's a guide on how to fake it

mineral waters a la carte

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2022 @ 11:11 AM
    Hazz

You run water through a RO syatem for drinking, you need to put salt.
    They say, if you drink a lot of water that has gone through RO system ( with out salt)
    Then you will lose calcium from your bones. ( I don't know if it is true)..

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Heh...
    One [of numerous] of the greatest scams to come along the pike throughout the last generation is the obessed ideal of bottled water....

This would apply to specialty waters, mineral waters, energy cordials and assorted enhancement supplements.

What a croc.

euston has flown

Last Online
    ^^Its an interesting one. Im not sure, though I have noticed that bottled water in HK is often distilled water and that some of the bottled are marketed as mineralised with magnesium and calcium. so certainly some people think this. Me I don't know, but I like playing chemistry with my food....

^All the more reason for faking it then . I have to say I am both impressed and appalled at how we have allowed our drinking water to be effectively privatised and sold to us with an unimaginable margin added to it. In thailand I know people who have never knowing drunk tap water raw, or though any filtration, everything f**king bottles.

Ive been playing upto know with burtanisaton salts and I must say they do alter both the taste of the water and the taste of beverages made with it. its nice in the water, the beveage results are mixed, opencola wasn't so good, ginger beer was. So I would not call mineral waters as such croc, but the marketing well perier sums it all up. given that the stuff comes out the ground contaminated and unfit for human consumption

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Interesting subject...I remember in Korea, being told that the money was in hot water, meaning the tea rooms...

Think of the price of a barrel of oil...then think of how much you'd pay if the bottles of water were poured in the barrel...how many litre bottles of water in a barrel?...

Better yet, a cup of coffee from Starfucks, even their regular shite...say half a litre for a buck...

How much would it be for a barrel of coffee?...

Anyone wanna do the math?...Maybe a barrel holds about 159 litres?...

euston has flown

Last Online
    ^never thought of it that way, and when you consider the investment needed to get that oil it makes the comparison even worse. but is anything more expensive than inkjet ink?

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz View Post
    ^never thought of it that way, and when you consider the investment needed to get that oil it makes the comparison even worse. but is anything more expensive than inkjet ink?

It's all a ruse and con.
    Dumbed down.

They do their work quite well.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 08:11 AM
    Damn, you beat me to it - $50,000 a gallon.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    indeed

I am in Jail

Last Online
    however all of this talk of water got me thinking, I am living in the international hub of fake brands and I have never come across fake water.
    How would you know :-)

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    15-05-2023 @ 10:57 AM
    Del Boy at his best

I am in Jail

Last Online
    So, hazz, how would I replicate / clone this water:

Ergebnisse von Trinkwasserberprfungen

(I'm kinda serious)

Thread Information