loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM

600 Bangkok Hotels

I was looking for a hotel in the Pratunam area and came across the following site with a pretty comprehensive list of 600 hotels in the greater Bangkok area :

Bangkok Hotels by Name - Hotels in Bangkok by Alphabetical Order

Lots of photos , reviews and maps to give you a clear idea of what you're getting. No need to book via the site but might prove useful if you have family or friends arriving. Combine it with google maps street view and you can also check out the immediate area.

I also noticed that a lot of the hotels I use are not on this list ( The Rex for example ) so this list is by no means exhaustive.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai
    I also noticed that a lot of the hotels I use are not on this list ( The Rex for example ) so this list is by no means exhaustive.
    I am also a fan of the REX, Thong Lor opposite site, the best of the old 60's hotels. Stayed there many a time.

Band
    Last Online
    06-11-2015 @ 07:31 PM
    Pity, their booking form is up the creek! do they still include a breakfast? asked DJ Pat and got no reply.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    The Rex hotel , on sukhumvit rd , the right hand side on the way up sukhumvit , I was told it's mostly gays who frequent that hotel , now it might not be the same hotel ? ,

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    This and old and trusted Thailand booking site. They say no. Still cheap as chips though if you are into retro and some savings.

Rex Hotel - Bangkok Thailand online Reservation Service

loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai
    I am also a fan of the REX, Thong Lor opposite site, the best of the old 60's hotels. Stayed there many a time.
    I had a few relatives staying at the Rex a couple of years back ( recently renovated ).
    It took us 2 hours to get across Bangkok from Bangyai by which time it was raining heavily. We therefore all agreed to eat in the hotels coffee shop and I wasn't expecting it to be very good.

I was wrong. The food was excellent and the fried crab rice was the best I've ever had. A really pleasant surprise and we were glad we hadn't gone elseware.

Last Online
    @
    Even before I'd stayed at the Rex, I knew one day I would. It's the retro feel to the place. I paid 1000 a night in 2008. Nice coffee shop as well.

Thread Information