View Single Post
Old 19-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Mid
Thailand Expat

Mid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand ExpatMid Thailand Expat
Dems threaten to impeach PM
19/02/2012

The Democrat Party on Sunday called for those who attended a meeting with Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra at the Four Seasons Hotel on Feb 8 to come forward and give details of their discussion or the issue will escalate to the point where they will seek to remove her from office.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the meeting took place on Feb 8 but it was 10 days before property mogul Srettha Thavisin, president of Sansiri Plc, came out to admit he met Ms Yingluck.

Since Mr Srettha said he and the prime minister discussed political, economic and financial matters, this could mean Ms Yingluck skipped a parliamentary session to meet a small group of businessmen to talk about important matters.
This was seriously damaging to the country, Mr Chavanond said.

He said it was strange for a real estate businessman to meet the prime minister who was about to go on a tour to visit flood-hit areas to lay down flood prevention plans and look for areas to retain floodwater or become floodways.

The Democrat Party spokesman also challenged Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung to show to the public footage from the hotel's closed-circuit cameras which covered the meeting.

Information from the prime minister could put real estate businessmen in an advantageous position, he said.

Mr Chavanond said the Democrat Party would continue to investigate the issue.

bangkokpost.com

"I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check" - M.C. Escher
Mid is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05270 seconds with 19 queries