Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online
    @

Racism in Football

So Kenny, your stupid fucking T-shirts defending that scumbag Suarez sent out the right message, didn't they?

Liverpool caught up in new racism row

Liverpool were embroiled in a new race row last night after Oldham’s Tom Adeyemi made a complaint of racial abuse against a supporter on The Kop.

Flashpoint: Tom Adeyemi reacts during Liverpool's victory Photo: GETTY IMAGES
    By Chris Bascombe, at Anfield

10:00PM GMT 06 Jan 2012

Both Merseyside police and Liverpool immediately launched an investigation into the allegations.

Play was temporarily halted after 80 minutes of the third round FA Cup tie at Anfield, with the 20-year-old defender left in tears after the incident. The matter was reported by the match official, Neil Swarbrick, before the game resumed.

Adeyemi, on loan from Norwich City, had to be calmed by the referee, his team-mates and Liverpool’s captain Steven Gerrard as he was visibly upset and unnerved as the shadow of racism made another grim return to English football.

In the immediate aftermath of Luis Suárez’s eight-match suspension for abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra, last night’s incident left the Merseyside club reeling in further shame. The Football Association is certain to call for a report of its own into what happened, with Liverpool facing the prospect of more sanctions.

Liverpool were still trying to establish the facts behind the allegations, but the club instantly issued a statement promising co-operation.

“An incident occurred in the second half of the match which is now being investigated by both the club and the police,” it said. “We will continue to work closely with the police to establish the details of what actually happened and will make a further statement in due course.”
    A senior Anfield official promised to take action if guilt was established. “We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken,” said the official.

Adeyemi gave a statement to the police to say he was racially abused twice by a supporter. There was no arrest but police are investigating the incident. Three men who were detained last night were arrested for unrelated incidents of being drunk and disorderly.

An eyewitness, who gave evidence to Liverpool officials and the police, said: “I was to the right of The Kop and the No 11 turned to walk away after a tackle. I heard a single voice shout ‘You f------ black b------’, he spun round with shock on his face and started pointing at the crowd, from where the shout had come.”

Oldham manager Paul Dickov said Adeyemi’s emotional response was completely out of character and he knew there was a major problem.
    “From my point of view I have not spoken to Tom, but something has been said,” said Dickov.
    “He is a placid and well educated lad with a fantastic temperament. He never raises his voice, so for him to react like that, something has been said but what that is, I don’t know.”

Liverpool have come under widespread criticism for their handling of the Suárez affair, and this was a sinister twist after a turbulent three months. Their star striker was serving the second of his eight-match ban for racial abuse of Evra, and the crowd was full of fans wearing T-shirts in support of their absent striker.

Liverpool were hoping to mend a damaged reputation, but this was a grim turn of events. It followed Sir Alex Ferguson’s public questioning of the need for peace talks ahead of Manchester United’s Premier League encounter with Liverpool at Old Trafford on Feb 11.

Relations between the two clubs have soured since the racism row between Suárez and Evra exploded when the two sides last met in October. United have said nothing on the entire matter, other than questioning the need for Liverpool’s statements in support of the Uruguayan prior to the disciplinary hearing.
    Privately they have been irritated by Liverpool’s stance and Ferguson has cooled talk of discussions between the two clubs before they meet again, by which time Suarez will be available.

“It is nice of them to do it through the press,” said Ferguson. “You would have thought they would come to Manchester United first. “I do not see why there is any need for it. But I have nothing to say about it.”

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    It always amazes me that such " a small minority " apparently are affected by this problem about racism , one day the world will wake up and realise we cannot all be put into a one size fits all box.

Gohills flip-flops wearer
    Last Online
    13-04-2024 @ 11:05 PM
    I'm all for it.
    Bollocks to the politically correct.
    Any edge should be used.
    Calling somebody black because they are, and then being fined and banned is a touch to much.
    Attaching words such as [at][at][at][at] to the black should be punishable for the [at][at][at][at] bit and not the black.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    I'm all for it.
    Bollocks to the politically correct.
    Any edge should be used.
    Calling somebody black because they are, and then being fined and banned is a touch to much.
    Attaching words such as [at][at][at][at] to the black should be punishable for the [at][at][at][at] bit and not the black.
    Yes but you support Stoke, and call it a "football" team.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Yes but i support Stoke, and call THEM a "football" team.

Last Online
    @
    The defence rests, your honour.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    here we go, people have been brainwashed by the politically correct fascists to such an extent ,about racism being the most vile crime ,that being called a black bastard reduces the poor things to tears,
    If they think black and white are equal why would it offend ?

the biggest racist element in football , is the players choice of wives /girlfriend ,
    they are rich and therefore can take thier pick , but everyone chooses a white one . usually blond too .

I bet this black bastard has rejected , yellow, black and brown girls all his life in favour of white girls
    but that's not racism is it .............

Last Online
    oo
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The defence rests, your honour.

Harry Harry Harry.
    Please take cover or duck down, and cover your ears whilst you're at it.

wwhhoooooooooosshh.

Last Online
    @
    Did you fart?

FarangRed
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    here we go, people have been brainwashed by the politically correct fascists to such an extent ,about racism being the most vile crime ,that being called a black bastard reduces the poor things to tears,
    If they think black and white are equal why would it offend ?

the biggest racist element in football , is the players choice of wives /girlfriend ,
    they are rich and therefore can take thier pick , but everyone chooses a white one . usually blond too .

I bet this black bastard has rejected , yellow, black and brown girls all his life in favour of white girls
    You are dead right there, I cannot think of one black footballer with a black wife, correct me if I'm wrong, photo's only

Last Online
    @
    It's not actually, it's just retarded.

Yellow Black and Brown girls? Fucking hell, Alf Garnett.

Last Online
    @
    FOOTBALLER LUIS Suarez’s defence to the FA committee that has found him guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra included the announcement that one of his grandfathers is black. So, how could he possibly be racist?
    Before you all start laughing at this, hold on a second. The Liverpool footballer is from Uruguay. Remember it was Uruguay that first broke the international colour bar on black footballers.
    It was their black legends from the early part of the 20th century – Isabelino Gradin and Jose Andrade – that turned a country the size of Wales into the football powerhouse that won the World Cup twice (1930 and 1950).
    At the time Brazil, of all places, complained that Uruguay was somehow cheating, or at the very least not adhering to the spirit of international football by fielding black players. But Uruguay had set the precedent that would change the game forever – particularly in South America. And it was said at the time that the happiest black face in the semi-continent was in Montevideo.
    But just because you were the first country to stand up to prejudice a hundred years ago does not mean that your country or your countrymen cannot be as racist as anybody else. Look at Britain. It claims to be the country that brought an end to the enslavement of Africans, and yet look how hard we have had to fight racism in this country and are still fighting on a day to day basis.
    Quite apart from having rid the world of racism, Britain has turned it into an art form, and many other governments have looked to Downing Street to find out how they can institutionalise racism in their own countries.
    But what about this defence of having a black grandfather? Well, it’s not as absurd as claiming the Bob Marley defence (i.e. ‘I listen to Bob Marley so I cannot possibly be racist’), or even as bad as the old ‘some of my best friends are negro’ argument. After all, having a black grandparent does make you to all intents and purposes black, does it not? If not, where are we to draw the racial lines?
    Do your parents have to be black for you to be black? If so, which of your parents? Or is it both parents who have to be black for you to be considered black? It seems to me that this question is so vital that we need to know the answers immediately. Especially those of us who are of mixed heritage.
    Of course, there are ramifications of going the other way. If you are black by dint of a grandparent’s African heritage, then what about if you have one great-grandparent who is African? Are you still black then? Or maybe one great-great grandparent? You can see where I am going here, can’t you?
    At the end of the day, if we go far enough back, we all have African ancestors. In which case, can any of us be racists?
    It seems that a cut off point needs to be determined – and quick too, because you can imagine the ramifications if every racist gave a jury their ‘original man’ defence. With that defence and that understanding, nobody can be racist.
    The question is, what is the difference between Luis Suarez using the ‘black grandfather’ defence and the plethora of bad bwoys who call other black people by the ‘N word’ as they shoot them dead?
    They are not convicted for racially aggravated crimes because we accept that they are black by dint of their parentage (and sometimes the colour of their skin). So the thinking is that if your skin is black and you hurl racial abuse it is not a racially aggravated crime. But if you are white and your grandparent happens to be black it is a racially aggravated crime.
    Am I the only one who is tied up in knots trying to make sense of this issue? We need it resolved. We need to know for sure who is black and who isn’t, so that everybody is clear as to who can use the ‘N word’ without it being racist and who can’t.
    Now that John Terry, the England captain, is to be prosecuted over the race row with Anton Ferdinand, it remains to be seen whether it will emerge that his forefathers were fluent speakers of the Yoruba language.
    The next post may be brought to you by my little bitch Spamdreth

FarangRed
    England's Black ballers sell out Black women

England’s black footballers have been branded “sell outs” by a Nigerian journalist for dating white women!

In light of the highly publicized break up between Cheryl and Ashley Cole, Uche Nworah (an acclaimed journalist who has worked with the BBC and lectured at some of the top universities in the country) lashed out against England’s black footballers claiming they catch a case of jungle fever as soon as they get rich.

Currently, every black footballer in the national team, excluding Emile Heskey, is in an interracial relationship.
    In relation to this, Mr Nworah said: “There is a consistent trend amongst successful black men in the UK, abandoning sisters from their ‘hood, choosing instead to cross over the street and find their love matches amongst white chicks. This habit usually surfaces whenever the going gets good for the brothers, that is when they suddenly realise that their black sisters ‘goods’ aren’t good enough anymore.”

What seems to anger Mr Nworah most is that black footballers are not opening the door for black women to enter a celebrity world which has launched successful careers for the likes of Coleen Rooney and Alex Curran. He even suggested that Britain’s black women should protest outside the headquarters of the Football Association (F.A) and demand they launch an enquiry “into the growing trend of black footballers abandoning their roots.”

In the article, published on Nathanielturner.com, he continued to argue that it should be black women partying in Britain’s most prestigious nightclubs and spending thousands in the finest west end boutiques.

Mr Nworah clearly disputes any possibility that England’s black footballers engage in interracial relationships out of love, but rather because they see their white girlfriends as a ticket into a higher class of English society which previously didn’t want them.

Christian Reid, a member Sheffield University Afro Caribbean society, said: “It saddens me too think that some people are still hung up on interracial relationships. It’s about time people realised that love doesn’t have a colour.

In 2010, when most media coverage given to ethnic minorities is on crime watch, we should be proud that black footballers regularly account for half of the national football team despite the fact that black men only make up approximately 4% of the national population. That is a phenomenal figure but black people would rather find a fault in a perfect picture, than admire it.”

Latisha Carter, a dance student at the University of Leeds said: “As much as I would like to see black W.A.G.S, could you really imagine a black Posh and Becks? It just wouldn’t work. Black women are too independent and strong to care who black footballers are dating.

There is enough successful brothers out there to keep us occupied believe me! We come from a long line of women who have had to raise families all by themselves and play both the mother and father role. Were fighters, we aren’t trying to use no man as a stepping stone so let them just keep on doing what they’re doing.”

Inter racial relationships is an on-going debate. Below is an article taken from the London Evening standard 2002 - Send your feedback to jaywise@supatrax.com

As a 35-year-old black man who has been sexually active for almost 20 years, it's fair to say I've dated more than my fair share of white women. I was married to one, had a child with another, and am now dating a woman who has red hair and happens to be Jewish. The majority of my long-term relationships have been with white women.

I'll probably get lynched by black women for writing about why, over the years, I've dated so many white females, but here goes. I've heard every cliche there is on the subject and have been accused of "selling out" enough times to have the strength of character to define myself by who I am, not who I choose to sleep with.

Do I have an unhealthy predilection for white flesh; do I have I have identity issues; am I ashamed of my "race"; or am I on the make (as a struggling author and because of the media circles I move in, most of the women I meet are well-heeled professionals)? None of the above. But as a black man living in a predominantly white environment, what am I supposed to do, don a bow tie, flog The Final Call outside Brixton Tube and build myself a mud hut in order to "keep it real"?

Black women in particular give me a hard time when they see me out with my white girlfriend. On the rare occasions that I have been to a black event with a white woman on my arm, I have felt tension, and had some dismissive looks. They accuse me of acting like a Premiership footballer just because I've had one or two blonde girlfriends.

They tell me I've "got a thing for white girls" because they're an "easy ride". Believe me, no woman is an easy ride, but I have to admit there is a grain of truth in this statement. Black women do tend to give us a hard time.

When I have dated black women, I've been dumped for demonstrating a lack of "consciousness" - ie, I don't hate white people enough and I've had my advances spurned by numerous headwrap-wearing "black sisters" after admitting to "tupping the white ewe", as Iago put it in Othello.

Black men are usually a lot less critical of interracial relationships, mainly because at any given moment 50 per cent of them are in one.

I'm often asked why so many of us date white women. Undoubtedly there are those who have a preference for white women, much as they might have a fetish for tall women, or busty ones. White women are as exotic to black men as say Asian or oriental women are to white men.

But I cite approachability as a factor when it comes to why I date white women. They just don't have as many hang-ups.
    Despite the bump-and-grind sexual posturing of innumerable hip-hop videos, which portray black women as living, breathing sex toys, they tend to be conservative and surprisingly old-fashioned.

White women are reaping the benefits of the feminist movement far more then their black peers - they appear to have a greater freedom and control over their sexuality. Black women, specifically Afro-Caribbean ones, good Christian girls that they are, are pretty strait-laced when it comes to sex.

They expect you to pick them up, pay for dinner, and drop them off at the front door with no more than a peck on the cheek. Whereas white women are often more daring, adventurous and self assured in the bedroom.

This conservatism also extends to the dating ritual. Most of the black women I come into contact with are obsessed with how much money you earn; they have bought into the American claptrap spouted by the likes of Destiny's Child in Independent Woman. Most black men find they have to jump through burning hoops to get with a black woman. If you ain't got the car, the yard, the career, the bling-bling then don't think
    about asking me out.

Of course, there is a tradition of black women being financially responsible: they are often the sole or main breadwinner, perhaps because black men don't always get the career breaks that they do. Black women tend to buy into the propaganda that portrays us as being useless, and don't always cut us a lot of slack.

He continues:
    Going out with a white woman isn't, for me, some kind of trendy boho fashion statement. When I had a daughter with a white woman,it brought home to me the consequences of my actions: that I had brought a child into a world that is far from reconciling its racial and cultural differences. Perhaps when my daughter is my age she'll have other, less daunting moral imperatives to deal with.

Is it a matter of social acceptance? Is it just love that bases these relationships? Do Black women have an attitude? Send your views to jaywise@supatrax.com or use the contact us section on the website and fill out the contact form.

Last Online
    @
    It's a two way street, lads. Aren't you just pissed off that these white chicks like a bit of dark meat?

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    It's a two way street, lads. Aren't you just pissed off that these white chicks like a bit of dark meat?
    Not in the least , they're welcome to em , I'll settle for my little Asian angel any day thanks

Last Online
    15-03-2021 @ 12:54 AM
    I'd be more than happy with a nice petit dark girl - goes both ways

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    As much as I dislike Liverpool and like to see them dragged through the mud, it's everywhere in football. Just because the FA and PFA say they are making huge strides in getting rid of it doesn't mean it's gone from the "terraces".

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post
    As much as I dislike Liverpool and like to see them dragged through the mud, it's everywhere in football. Just because the FA and PFA say they are making huge strides in getting rid of it doesn't mean it's gone from the "terraces".
    It actually cracks me up when fans who cheer on teams full of black players decide they want to vent their spleen by calling the opposition black bastards, etc.

The problem is they are too fucking dumb to realise how fucking dumb they actually are.

But the players are earning millions and are expected to behave to a higher standard, so I have no sympathy whatsoever.

If you think it's bad in England, you should try Spain, Turkey and the Balkans.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FarangRed
    England’s black footballers have been branded “sell outs” by a Nigerian journalist for dating white women!
    Some of the scribblings from the Nigeian Journalist, Uche Nworah -

Look at O.J Simpson’s experience in America; surely he didn’t think that Nicole Brown-Simpson was going to be there with him forever, did he? Who wants to hang around an out-of-pocket, has-been football player? When O.J. lost his star power and wasn’t attracting much society gossips and column inches anymore, Nicole walked. Which white chic will endure that kind of humiliation? But our black sisters would, they would always be there, come rain or shine or am I fantasizing here?

This is not to say that black men are not capable of loving white women and vice versa, and don’t you go thinking that I’m racially biased/ No, I am not. I have been with white chics in the past but surely like attracts like. I’m down with our black sisters any day, for reasons that wifey won’t like to see me mention here. Again, don’t call me a racist, we sure do have lots of unmarried sisters in our communities, and it would help our cause if the likes of Ashley Cole do also look their way, as role models to young black men, they should set the pace.

Yet this man considers himself non-racist

Returning to the OP, Liverpool FC, it would seem, made a serious error of judgement when initiating a public display of support for a player who has been heavily criticised by the FA for his personal account of the incident with Patrick Evra.

They were no doubt showing loyalty to their player when instead they should have waited for the disciplinary hearing judgement before making a decision over the matter.
    By not doing so they have brought the game into disrepute during a period when the authorities are trying to stamp racism out of the sport.

IMO, they should suffer the consequences of their very childish actions.

FarangRed
    Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned the need for peace talks ahead of Manchester United's Barclays Premier League encounter with Liverpool at Old Trafford on February 11.

Relations between the two clubs have been soured since the racism row between Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra exploded when the two sides last met in October.

Further bad blood was spilled as Liverpool attempted to defend their striker, with the Reds questioning why Suarez's word was being ignored in favour of Evra.

Subsequently, Suarez was found guilty of making racist comments by an independent disciplinary commission and banned for eight matches.

Yet even in accepting the punishment earlier this week, Liverpool - and Suarez - have avoided any suggestion of an apology to Evra.

United have said nothing on the entire matter, other than questioning the need for Liverpool's statements in support of the Uruguayan prior to the disciplinary hearing.

Privately they have been irritated by Liverpool's stance though and Ferguson has cooled talk of discussions between the two clubs, reports of which emerged this morning, before they meet again, by which time Suarez will be available.

"It is nice of them to do it through the press," said Ferguson.

"You would have thought they would come to Manchester United first.

"I do not see why there is any need for it. But I have nothing to say about it."

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    The back page of yesterdays Sun was filled up with drivel about another ( non white ) person being so offended from ONE voice in the crowd at Liverpool he was crying on the pitch and having to be consoled by all the players , I think Iterflora were commissioned for half time . Claims are us etc .

Then on Yahoo this morn Stan Collynog has been offended on Twatter by someone calling him a non white person,,,,,but remember its ( only a tiny minority )
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

Last Online
    @
    It's just a bit outdated as far as I'm concerned.

What's wrong with "Collymore, you useless dogging c**t"?

FarangRed
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelandjan View Post
    The back page remember its ( )
    Sorry I thought you said the black page

FarangRed
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It's just a bit outdated as far as I'm concerned.

What's wrong with "Collymore, you useless dogging c**t"?
    Was he not a wife beater, he kicked fuk out of some pussy

R.I.P
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    He wasn't married to her (Ulrika Jonnson) but Stan did assault her when they were an item. Think she was engaged in a conversation with Ally McCoist at the time.

She has 4 children from 4 different fathers and had an affair with Sven Goran Erikkson (then England National manager) who also masterminded the 5-1 victory over Germany in Munich in the same season. She must have inspired him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information