Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg
    Sounds like aging one has had a fairly hard time of it, and was perhaps unsurprisingly a bit "over emotional".
    Not as much of a hard time as the people who's houses have actually been flooded.
    Where are you at the moment, just out of interest?

I can assure you, even just waiting for the waters to hit is extremely stressful.

Last Online
    @
    On my way to the Middle East. I have plenty of friends who have been effected by this flood, some of whom have had their properties inundated with putrid water.

I find it quite disgusting that someone who has managed to get away to comfort when others are not so lucky and not in a position to do so comes out and says that they hope the problem persists for a long time.

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    again, all this could have been avoided
    Yes. By not heavily industrialising and over-populating a natural flood plain that is annually subject to high water. Paving over the world.

Banned
    Last Online
    30-01-2013 @ 09:22 AM
    The torrential thunderstorm that's been going on for the past 30 minutes ain't gonna help.

Tonguin for a beer
    Last Online
    25-09-2016 @ 09:58 PM
    Better hope there is no serious outbreak of disease soon, sounds like a perfect breeding ground for cholera. Must be hard to leave your homes and belongings but if those floodwaters don't recede soon I reckon there will be serious outbreaks of disease. Think of your familys and get to dry land. Who needs to have your neighbours turds floating through your property? what are those millions of people doing for ablutions? added the dead animals, garbage etc, doesn't bear thinking about.....
    Fahn Cahn's

In transit to Valhalla

Last Online
    @
    On my way to the Middle East. I have plenty of friends who have been effected by this flood, some of whom have had their properties inundated with putrid water.

I find it quite disgusting that someone who has managed to get away to comfort when others are not so lucky and not in a position to do so comes out and says that they hope the problem persists for a long time.
    To quick of the mark on this one Noodles.

Obviously it was not meant literally, but said with a wink in the eye and meant as a compliment to LT.

I can assure you that everyone including AO and his family are feeling very sorry for all the people having problems with this horrible flooding, and even if the feeling of relief and gratitude when going from such a deep low mixed with a bit of panic and uncertainty - to safe, is expressed in a bit joyous terms, after having escaped, what for every family having to run from their homes, under water already or not, must be an extremely unpleasant ordeal, they all wish it would go away and that everyone could return to their homes tomorrow.

As is now neither Eliminator refugee at LT's place nor AO can know how much damage they might end up getting, nor when they can return to their homes and daily duties and lifes, which must be horribly distressing.

Still it is not a crime to be glad you are safe, or for us to join in being happy for the ones that make it, that however do not mean that we are not caring about the many that are less fortunate, it goes without saying.

Have a good trip Noodles.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chitown View Post
    I would describe it as "I am Legend" minus the monsters.
    Unless you count the guy who tripled his price and threatened to rape your neighbor.

Good luck there, Chi.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr
    To quick of the mark on this one Noodles.
    I disagree.
    Obviously it was not meant literally, but said with a wink in the eye and meant as a compliment to LT. I can assure you that everyone including AO and his family are feeling very sorry for all the people having problems with this horrible flooding, and even if the feeling of relief and gratitude when going from such a deep low mixed with a bit of panic and uncertainty - to safe, is expressed in a bit joyous terms, after having escaped, what for every family having to run from their homes, under water already or not, must be an extremely unpleasant ordeal, they all wish it would go away and that everyone could return to their homes tomorrow. As is now neither Eliminator refugee at LT's place nor AO can know how much damage they might end up getting, nor when they can return to their homes and daily duties and lifes, which must be horribly distressing.
    Nobody should come on here and gloat about the problems that other less fortunate people are facing. Maybe bad judgement on AO's part, but don't try to turn it around in to something else. He was wrong to say what he did, and I stand by that.
    Still it is not a crime to be glad you are safe
    No it's certainly not, but there is no need to wish misery and prolonged problems on other less fortunate people.
    Have a good trip Noodles.
    Thank you, I will. Hope to see you soon, mate.

Last Online
    16-04-2012 @ 01:21 AM
    All of us are pretty tough - real men, but why are we in Thailand? For an easy life and R and R
    That's really funny.

Real western men run world class businesses in the west and enjoy doing so, or do charity work, or continue working hard as pop stars or actors etc etc even though they are multi-millionaires and don't ever need to lift a finger again if they don't want to.

It's funny that you think real men flee to the only place on earth their pitiful abilities and level of wealth will allow them to permanently become a pampered egotistical slob.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by species
    Real western men run world class businesses in the west
    I have.
    and enjoy doing so
    I didn't.
    a pampered egotistical slob
    I'll quite happily take that, thank you.
    continue working hard as pop stars or actors etc

Mummy says come quickly, or your dinner will go cold.

Last Online
    @
    Another useless Smeglike troll.

Get's quite upset when you send him a red too.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-03-2017 @ 03:23 AM
    Our thoughts are with all of you folk,
    and obviously your families, friends,
    relations and others.

Take care, important that you look after each other,
    as you certainly seem to be doing.

Watch out for infections, treat any cuts or scratches,
    no matter how insignificant they appear, with anti-septic
    or neat spirit. Even a bit of bleach will kill germs.

Watch what you eat or drink.

Chi, you need to have some quality drops for that eye
    infection.the least you need are anti-biotic eye drops.

You don't need me to tell you the best course of action
    is to get out and away from the flooded areas, with as much
    haste as possible.

Disease will be rife soon.

You cannot rule out the possibility of looters either,
    there is a tendency for such actions to be involved
    with disasters as you all know.

I don't know how the Insurance aspects work over there.

It's going to take some putting right when the
    waters do subside.

Right now, the only things that matter are you
    and yours.

Your lives and health are the most important aspects,
    our thoughts and best wishes are truly with all of you.

It's quite sickening to see the photographs,
    the news pictures on TV and newspapers over here,
    at the same time knowing so many of you via this Forum
    and the odd few we have met in real life.

Seeing the pride you take in your homes, your families,
    everything you enjoy about living in Thailand.

Witnessing the terrible, unstoppable damage that is
    taking place all around you.

We can only hope that it comes to an end in the shortest
    possible time, sincerely hoping that all of you are
    in good order at the end of this terrible tribulation.

Mathos and Flobo.
    All the women take their blouses off
    And the men all dance on the polka dots
    It's closing time !

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    Another problem that is being faced is that there is little to no response from the police and ems. If you call them for assistance it may take hours and hours to get there, if they show up at all. My wife dot a call from a friend that is trapped in a flooded village. Her elderly mother has needed to go to the hospital for a week. She has had promises from the local government, the hospital ambulance, FROC, the army and private citizens that they are on the way to get her mom. They never show and when she calls back IF the phone is answered, she never gets the person she previously spoke with and is given the same "on the way promise.......errrrrr lie.

So, if you stick around in a flooded out area do not expect help. If you are bit by a poisonous snake, have stroke, heart attack, or get injured etc you are screwed.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @

So, if you stick around in a flooded out area do not expect help. If you are bit by a poisonous snake, have stroke, heart attack, or get injured etc you are screwed.
    My biggest concern.

Last Online
    @
    ^All of this is such a nightmare. I can only imagine the worse is yet to come. Please leave Bangkok if you can just to be safe.

Spent the better part of yesterday driving around Bangkok friends-turned-refugees who were totally stressed out after it took 18 hours on the road to arrive in Chiang Mai from Bangkok. They are worried sick of family and friends who have refused to leave in order to protect property. I have house guests for the duration.
    Last edited by misskit; 29-10-2011 at 08:20 AM.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    that's why the figures about the number of dead is quite low, they are not releasing the real numbers

I am sure the lack of assistance is contributing significantly to a huge number they can't publish, or else it will show their complete incompetence

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    There are Thais living on makeshift rafts tethered to sign posts, Thais living on bridges, Thais trapped in their homes, Thais without ford and water.

The City Hotel in Sriracha is offering discounts to Thais Only. You can imagine how much the Thai governmental, police, ems etc would care about a farang needing help.
    Last edited by chitown; 29-10-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    I hope he floods last a long time
    A little bit of an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude there. The vast majority of flooding victims don't have the same luxury as you and your family. It might serve you well to try and remember that.
    I took AO's updated status "I'm alright Jack" post as a pure and simple hey guys, I and family are safe and thankful for that. The fact that he has been successful in what he does and has the wherewithal to a conduct risk assessment and act accordingly to take care of his family should be admired not have sticks thrown at him. I saw no gloating on AO's part but rather a hint of thanks for some of the assistance he has received from LT and others... and to address the comment made that "the majority of other flood related victims don't have the same luxury as AO and family" should not be held against AO or any other who has the means to live well, support their family and appreciate the finer things in life when in fact they have worked hard in a legitimate and value added way for what they have.

To AO, Eliminator, and other who have made it out of BKK safely, good on you. I know you are thankful for your blessings and the kindness of others and that you will not forget if ever needed to render a similar assistance. I wish all the flood related victims safe havens, full bellies, strength to endure, and the fortitude to make good in life in the future.

Peace, happiness and well being to all through kindness and being of a value added to society rather than a drain.
    "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....and it is all small stuff"

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    I have house guests for the duration.
    Me too.

Butomatawon (east of Nakhon Sawon) near the Prince's palace is now underwater.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    I will not go into too much details giving TD just the overview of the story, but it will show you just where you stand in all of this. After helping load women, children (including an autistic child), and their belongings into the back of a 6 wheeled truck, we were told by one of the people we helped and the truck driver to grab some clothes and get in. We were on our way and the truck owner - a rich Thai Chinese broad confronted my wife rather rudely. I did not catch what she was saying, but the summary of it was that my missus could go, but not me or my pets or belongings. She was only taking Thais - not "others" as a form of Tamboon to increase her wealth and path to heaven. She did not like dogs and cats and was not taking any pets. As I said, because of the noise, I did not catch and my wife began to translate. The woman then began to chew my wife out saying she was not to translate to a farang and this was Thai business. My wife tried to reason with her and she began yelling pai loie, pai, pai, pai. Mrs. Chi then told her off.

Mind you, we were not free loading. We were going to give the truck driver some money to help with gas and my wife had offered him 1000 baht. He refused. It was not for lack of room in the truck as there were only about 10 people in the back. I have never seen the woman before, but apparently she lives 2 streets over. I have never had a conflict with her or anyone in my neighborhood.

This twat abandoned us on the street in a crisis. There I was soaked from head to tow from helping others and I was left there with Mrs. Chi, some belongings and our dog.

So, if you think you are going to be helped, I can assure you that you might be mistaken.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles
    A little bit of an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude there. The vast majority of flooding victims don't have the same luxury as you and your family. It might serve you well to try and remember that.
    noodles I should not have said it, but I had had a beer at home and was so happy to have had another with larv, I dont sleep at night thinking about what has happened, not only to me but to all the victims.

Please dont try to read my mind if you saw my face you would know the stess we are under Its not just me but my family, and extended family I am worried about, I am now sitting in the middle of the street stealiing wifi to post this.

I was lucky but through the help of friends I am doing okay but at the same time once more let me assure you I am not a cold hearted bastard, I let 30 mintutes of beer and the first time on the net get to me, It was nice just to connect,.

again thanks to larv for letting me use his computer last night. Over and out for a while,

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    ^^
    Yep...just like Gaijin (Japan)

Thais, especially Chinky-Thais are racist to the bone...
    Last edited by Boon Mee; 29-10-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SEA Traveler
    took AO's updated status "I'm alright Jack" post as a pure and simple hey guys, I and family are safe and thankful for that.
    let him speak for himself, when he can! oh he did already ^^

Quote Originally Posted by misskit
    I have house guests for the duration.
    I have some too, but hope to pass them on soon

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    ^^
    Yep...just like Gaijin (Japan)

Thais, especially Chink-Thais are racist to the bone...

yeah, those chink racist bastards

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    as has been mentioned, the worst thing about floods is the sickness that can follow due to contact with filthy water

not having comfortable lodgings, losing some possessions and having less choice of food are all nothing to that

and of course, the poor are the ones most at risk
    I have reported your post

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information