5 4 Knoll
    Last Online
    @

Obi Yobo job Totteneham XI suspected

It's emerged Chelsea player John Obi Mikel played in his side's first Premier League game of the season just hours after finding out his father had been kidnapped.
    Michael Obi was snatched on Friday in the Nigerian city of Jos on Friday but so far no one has heard from his abductors.
    Mikel was told about the situation before Sunday's game with Stoke but he decided to take to the field after talks with his manager Andre Villas Boas.
    In a statement, John Obi Mikel's representatives, Sport Entertainment and Media Group, confirmed he wanted to play "so as not to let down his team and family."
    The Chelsea midfielder's agent has told KickOffNigeria.com:
    ""He is totally devastated. We were not sure whether to tell him before the game. He was under a lot of stress but he showed a lot of character and mental strength to play against Stoke."
    Mikel is not the first Premier League player to have a family member kidnapped in Nigeria.
    The brother of former Everton defender Jospeh Yobo was taken from Port Harcourt in July 2008.
    He was released unharmed ten days later. It's never been confirmed whether a ransom was paid.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    What a great place Nigeria is. I bet Obi won Kanobi would have felt really at home last week in N. London.

Last Online
    @
    Nothing to do with his enormous Chelski salary then. I wouldn't expect a ransom demand any time soon.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    Although Nigeria is an OPEC country. 85% of GDP actually comes from email scams. Fact.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I just got an email from Nigeria informing me I've inherited 14 million barrels of oil from a long lost relative, all I have to do is pay for the legal documents and I'm good to go. I'm so lucky

Gohills flip-flops wearer
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    ^ That's just crude.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    I just got an email from Nigeria informing me I've inherited 14 million barrels of oil from a long lost relative, all I have to do is pay for the legal documents and I'm good to go. I'm so lucky
    Sorry, beat you to it! It's mine now!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Sorry, beat you to it! It's mine now!
    Darn you and your fiendishly cunning ways!

Thread Information