Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetter View Post
    nice pics, koh chang...... some of the best times of my life when i lived there
    We like Koh Chang.We were there when they had all the rain and the roads and power poles got taken out.Buddy of mine and his wife had had a motor bike accident the night before the storm came in.She was okay,but he got hurt pretty bad.Ruptured kidney.They moved him to the mainland and we were giong to see him the day after the storm.Was planning on coming back to the hotel.We were in Kai Bae.Didn't know how bad it was until we got a few hundred yards down the road.As soon as I saw how bad it was and due to what had happened to my friend.Told my my wife,if we can get off the island we're going to.We went back to the hotel and got our stuff and theres too.We got off the island but it took a while.This buddy of mine is young,I told him,don't rent a motor bike on Koh Chang,he did it anyway.We moved him to Bangkok-Rayong Hospital,where he stayed for about 2 1/2 weeks.I had to come back to Afghanistan.Took him another 2 weeks before he was cleared to come back.They stayed at our place during that time.The moral of the story is,don't rent a damn motor bike on Koh Chang.A lot of people do.And a lot of people regret it.Those pics I put on here at Ko Samet and Koh Chang were taken in Nov 09.Will put some more.

Last Online

This is a little beach on a small island out of Koh Chang

Last Online

This is Luckys Saloon at Mae Phim.It's a nice little bar.Full size pool table.Good music.Mark is the owner.A good guy as well.Check it out if your ever down that way.It's on the strip of restaurants and shops.
    Last edited by scrapmetalband; 04-03-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Last Online

Rock outcrop at Mae Phim.Took this shot from a Restaurant down from Luckys

Last Online

Map of Ko Samet

Last Online

Kai Bae-Koh Chang

Last Online

We were walking back to our bungalow at Kai Bae and saw a couple of guys standing on a small ledge about 6 inches off the ground looking over the top of a concrete wall about 6 ft. high.As we got near they walked away.When I got to where they were I looked over to see what they were looking at.Was going to take a couple of shots over the top but decided to jump up and get on top for a better angle.They look pretty healthy don't they.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    You have some great photos there mate, Whats the go with the boat then?

Last Online
    [quote=terry57;1697170]You have some great photos there mate, Whats the go with the boat then?[/quote/Thanks Terry.If you mean am I going to get one,the answer is yes.Won't be trying to make business out of it.Just recreation.Diving,fishing,making runs to Ko Samet.Buddy of mine has a new one he just got.Hope to get out on it with him and his wife when I get back.You have to have a boat if your near the coast.That is if you like to be on the water.Not sure what I want to get though.Don't want to spend a ton on one,but at the same time must be sea worthy.The gulf is pretty tame,but like any large body of water can get nasty.I'll keep you posted.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    Wife and I took a trip down to the waterfalls and Oasis Sea World today (pics to be posted on another thread) but on the way home, we stopped in to Mikel's to have a bite to eat. That's 2 weekends in a row now. Anyway, we ordered and I introduced myself and wifey to Mrs SMB who is the proprietor and one who does all the cooking. The after the meal was served and there was no more cooking to be done, the ladies chated while I enjoyed my beer. A nice evening. MEt the same Canadian couple there that we met the previous weekend and they are preparing to go back to Canada for the summer but discussed plans to get to gether upon their return. Looks like a Surin Elephant Round-Up Road trip in the planning. Anyway, SMB, the Skype or whatever instrument you were using to do comms on was a little weak but you get an "A" for effort. Ciao for now all. No pics of the food as we left the camera in the car.
    "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....and it is all small stuff"

Last Online
    21-04-2012 @ 10:05 PM
    There is no match for beef noodle soup. The meat is tender and broth is flavorful. Is to die on a cold day. Pickled vegetables on top of pasta is a great addition, and always ask for a little more to add to the soup. I've never been disappointed with this issue and it deserves five stars. The scallion pancakes and spicy wontons are also safe bets.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information