View Single Post
Old 23-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
keda
Thailand Expat

keda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expatkeda Thailand Expat
Send a message via MSN to keda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormaturge View Post
^
Geoff, I agree entirely. I regularly drink, but never so much as to become drunk. Usually no more than three or four standard "units" at a time.

The real killer is cigarettes. I see so many men who are sick as dogs due to a lifetime of sucking at cigarettes, and the really harsh part is that once it causes a person's health to collapse it is too late to do anything about it.

I have a friend who, at present, is under sentence of death. He has smoked all of his life and recently suffered his second heart attack. He probably won't see Christmas 2011. I sometimes wonder whether it would be an idea to take him around bars and schools telling people how he feels about cigarettes.

There is no point him quitting now, he's a dead man walking.
Ditto on cigarettes. If govs were half interested in saving lives they would outlaw ciggies or at least tax them prohibitively.
keda is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04663 seconds with 19 queries