Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Out there...
    Last Online
    @

Briton stabs himself, allegedly sets fire to apartment

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home...-30142121.html

Briton stabs himself, allegedly sets fire to apartment

Pattaya, Chon Buri - A Briton stabbed himself in the chest with a broken glass bottle and set his apartment on fire after he quarreled with his Thai girlfriend Friday, police said.

Sean Knight, 38, was rushed to Pattaya Memorial Hospital by police and will face arson charge.

Knight was staying on the third floor of Star Beach Condominium on Phra Tamnak Road with his girlfriend, Som-anong Anumart, 28.

Som-anong told police that Knight quarreled with her and locked himself inside the room. When she saw fumes billowing out of the room, she called for help from neighbours who stormed inside and found the man stabbing himself.

They alerted police who rushed in with fire fighters. The fire fighters took about 20 minutes to control the blaze after police rushed the Briton to the hospital.

The Nation
    "Slavery is the daughter of darkness; an ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction; ambition and intrigue take advantage of the credulity and inexperience of men who have no political, economic or civil knowledge. They mistake pure illusion for reality, license for freedom, treason for patriotism, vengeance for justice."-Simón Bolívar

Last Online
    14-11-2010 @ 03:53 PM
    Why didnt he just jump? easier to clean that mess up.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    So to paraphrase, The Thai bird attacked the guy stabbing him with a bottle and trying to kill him by setting fire to his apartment?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    He'd be better off giving the finger to some Dubai official. Not so much blood.

Last Online
    @
    These fragile egoed self pitying losers don't deserve the privelege of a life in Thailand. They should be back in the UK on the dole.

You never hear of well-to-do financially well off english guys doing things like this.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    A good dose of chlorine is what the gene pool needs.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    These fragile egoed self pitying losers don't deserve the privelege of a life in Thailand. They should be back in the UK on the dole.

You never hear of well-to-do financially well off english guys doing things like this.
    How do you know he isn't well off?

Tax Consultant
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post

He has a Thai girlfriend.

Pattaya would be nothing without stories like this.

Last Online
    30-03-2013 @ 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by keda
    He'd be better off giving the finger to some Dubai official. Not so much blood.
    There will be after they cut the offending hand off.

Last Online
    29-11-2018 @ 10:44 AM
    Typical Brit.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    02-07-2011 @ 03:33 PM
    Do you think many others will follow your lead by doing so?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Typical Brit.
    What a marvelously inane comment

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow
    Typical Brit.
    Yes isn't it. The papers are full of such like stories. In fact call an ambulance and the fire brigade as I've just stabbed myself and set the house on fire...again.

loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnuter View Post
    Why didnt he just jump? easier to clean that mess up.
    A bit passe these days. At least , it should be by now.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    sean knight ?
    sounds like a paddy to me ,maybee plastic
    drama queen anyway

Last Online
    @
    i can see it now, self immolation will be in vogue after this incident... Look forward to whacked out farangs setting fire to themselves and running down beach road...

The Cat
    ...With hilarious consequences...

Twitter #BKKTS
    Last Online
    27-08-2023 @ 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge View Post

Oh, so rich brits only have Hooray-Henry English girlfriends with big teeth and small chins? Or is that what the rich Brit guys look like?

Last Online
    @
    ^ You forgot the fat arse and personality of a twit...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    sean knight ?
    sounds like a paddy to me ,maybee plastic
    drama queen anyway

The squealy little b i t c h should be quite amusing in a Thai prison.

Out there...
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Typical Brit.
    We learn such behaviour in school. I got an A for self harm and arson.

Out there...
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge View Post

Indeed, us poor brits come here purely for the cheap snatch...my girlfriend loves me purely for my charm, incisive wit and sparkling personality.

It's really unlucky that I don't have lots of money otherwise I could indulge my penchant for English women....

I cry myself to sleep every day over my poor luck and dire financial situation

http://thaigirlswild.blogspot.com/

Love Thailand
    Last Online
    03-01-2021 @ 05:50 AM
    Maybe it was Raycarey after his girlfriend told him she thought George W Bush was a great President

I am in Jail

Last Online
    22-10-2011 @ 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    Som-anong told police that Knight quarreled with her and locked himself inside the room. When she saw fumes billowing out of the room, she called for help from neighbours who stormed inside and found the man stabbing himself.
    Lucky for him she didn't report for attempted murder...say that I suppose there's still plenty of time for her to do that, after she's discussed it with her Thai boyfriend or Girlfriend that is!

Out there...
    Last Online
    @
    http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2...-with-partner/

Distraught Brit Tries To Commit Suicide In Pattaya Condo After Ruckus With Partner

A Brit set fire to his condo and stabbed himself after an argument with his Thai girlfriend. The fire was put out after 20 minutes and the man sent for emergency treatment.

Pattaya, 12 November 2010, [PDN]: A lovelorn British national, apparently distraught at having fallen out with his Thai girlfriend, apparently attempted to commit suicide by stabbing himself in the chest and then setting fire to his room at Star Beach Condo, Phratumnuk Soi 4. Police were notified of the fire at 2.30pm today and duly arrived, supported by a Pattaya Fire Brigade mass turnout of seven fire engines.

The scene at Star Beach Condo was one of panic as terrified residents fled the condominium, which was enveloped in smoke from the 3rd Floor down. The rescue team, led by Pol. Col. Nantawut Suwanla-ong, rushed up to the room to find Mr. Knight Sean [38], unconscious with a stab wound in his chest, covered in blood and suffering from smoke inhalation. He was sent to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for emergency treatment. The fireman took approximately 20 minutes to extinguish the fire. In the room officers found relatively minimal fire damage, a broken bottle lying on the floor and several empty medicine bottles, some having contained antibiotics, which were taken as evidence.

Miss Ornanong Aunman [28], Mr. Sean’s girlfriend, told police that she and he had previously had a severe quarrel resulting in him throwing her clothes and other belongings out of the door. Mr. Sean had then locked himself in and, shortly afterwards, she saw smoke and flames pouring out from under the door, accompanied by cries from Mr. Sean, saying he wanted to kill himself. Miss Auanman said she had then called neighbours and security to break down the door to find the room on fire and Mr. Sean using a broken bottle to stab his chest. The tentative rescuers were too paranoid to help the injured man so they called the police.

Police spokesman Col. Nantawut reiterated to the press what Miss Ornanong had told him regarding the cause of the fire and surmised that the Englishman had intended to commit suicide. Final judgment will be reserved until the injured man is sufficiently well to answer questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information