R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Rimhad Seafood Restaurant,Bang Saray

Now Bang Saray is a beach resort about 15km from Pattaya and Jomtien, I wouldn't have bothered going there but I had to pick up the mother inlaw from Autaphow Airport, I did have other things in mind for my Sunday off of work, but alas they were thwarted from the beginning.

So anyway I decided yet again to treat the family to a nice seafood meal, as you can guess my genorousity has no limits, well apart from if it gets expensive that is.

Anyway we went to Rimhad Seafood Restaurant, which means edge of the beach, it's probably called this due to it selling seafood and being on the beach, now this place has some quality staff, I mean our young waitress even asked if I wanted ice with my beer, she has obviously been abused by previous customers when she placed ice in their beer glass and has learnt her lesson, although I have to admit I didn't see any scars or facial bruisings so this may have been a while ago, but hell at least they know that whiteys don't have ice in their beer.

This place is big and the staff place orders by phone, ie you order coke, she goes to the phone and phones the coke man, or woman, I assume this is due to their laziness of actually walking, still who am I to tell them how to run their business.

The entrance to the restaurant.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Here obviously you get to choose which animals you want killed for your dining pleasure, this shocking video is the last few minutes of the life of a big fish, yes he scoops him up in a net and in mere seconds he will have his brains spattered all over the kitchen counter and then cooked to the customers satisfaction, and people say that Bush is bad.

Here is one of the last pictures of the fish, he is the big bugger, he is now dead and sitting in the stomach of one of the customers.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dirtydog; 21-05-2006 at 08:41 PM.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    So what did we have I hear you say, well I got to admit I didn't get involved with the ordering as Thai food as the first meal of the day is not really my thing, yeah I didn't get up till 1pm anyway first up was this thing, I suppose I should mention that she brought the rice about 10 minutes before the main courses, I suppose thats good if you like rice, anyway this first dish is some shellfish that is really squidgy, got to admit after the first one I didn't bother with this one anymore.

Soft shelled crab fried in Garlic.

The old spicey squid salad, now this was pretty damn good although a bit sweeter than I am used to.

What a surprise, yet another Tom Yam Krung ordered by my son, I think he may have reading difficulties and thats why he orders the same thing every time.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I must admit I was suprised by the number of men taking their 20 year old plus daughters for dinner, although I did find it a bit disturbing the way they kept touching them, obviously my galfriend being the cynical gal that she is reckoned they were all small wives, so I told her to order one for me.

Anyway the meal for four came to a massive 640baht which included a big bottle of beer and a big bottle of coke, anyway here are some more pictures of animals that have a really short lifespan.

The first ones I don't eat, it's not right to eat animals with so many legs.

This was a real big beasty bstard, I done a video of him cos he wanted to fight, but it turned out he weren't such a good actor and went all placid.

More crabs that are into bondage.

Attached Files Attached Files

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Here are a few pictures from the restaurant of the fishing fleet in Bang Saray.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Well as I was there I did take some pictures of the beach.

Last Online
    @
    I visted Bang Saray about two years ago with my Thai g/f and one of her mates. They wanted to chill at the beach, but it ridiculously overcrowded. So instead of fighting for space with hundreds of Thai families, we ate at the same restaurant. We had a whole fish cooked with sweet and sour sauce, tom yum kung, and my favorite, pla sam rot. The food was good, but they did put ice in my beer w/o asking. Glad that has been corrected.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    is there only me who thinks Rim Hardis the best name for a restraunt eva.

Dis-member
    Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    The first ones I don't eat, it's not right to eat animals with so many legs.
    Have you tried one of these?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I have to admit I haven't tried one of those dougal

Dis-member
    Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    Here's one I made earlier.

There's no 'meat' on it as far as I can tell, just eggs mixed with salad. Bit hard to describe the taste, not unpleasant but not what I would describe as scrumptious.

Last Online
    @
    Aroi mak mak !
    Maengda or horseshoe crab in english, one of the oldest species (sp?) in the world.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi
    I visted Bang Saray about two years ago with my Thai g/f and one of her mates. They wanted to chill at the beach, but it ridiculously overcrowded. So instead of fighting for space with hundreds of Thai families, we ate at the same restaurant. We had a whole fish cooked with sweet and sour sauce, tom yum kung, and my favorite, pla sam rot. The food was good, but they did put ice in my beer w/o asking. Glad that has been corrected.
    i must admit i order ice for my beer now...

but they did look at me a bit strange when i last did that in melbourne...

Thread Information