Page 418 of 429 FirstFirst ... 318368408410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426428 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 10718

Thread: Daily Moan

  1. #10426
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    6,804
    Pissing down in Songkhla.

  2. #10427
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    28,974
    The spoons in Stafford is closing down.

    That'll piss chitty off.

  3. #10428
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    4,575
    What's Up with Do Home and places such as them??
    10-15 sales people sitting around near every department saying "Sawadi cap" and asking you 'what you were looking for.
    Having been bought up in a proper household I have been conditioned not to ignore people when they say hello to you . It' simply not polite.
    But dont they realize that since you have walked through half the store , several people have already asked you the same question and have giving you directions?
    When there we mostly make a turn when we see them and try to avoid them. Wife does not even want to go there, she rather make a U-turn and drive to a different store where they are not so "Helpful"
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  4. #10429
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    42,973
    I walked out my front gate yesterday into a plank sticking out of the back of a pickup truck. Got me right between the eyes. Ouch!

    Today I look like I have been wearing ill fitting spectacles.

  5. #10430
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    42,973
    ^^ I ran the HomePro sawatdee gauntlet this morning. However, when I got to the department needed, the sales people were all on their phones and didn’t even look up. Had to find what I needed on my own.

    I hate salespeople glued to their phones worse than the sawatdee stuff.

  6. #10431
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
    What's Up with Do Home and places such as them??
    10-15 sales people sitting around near every department saying "Sawadi cap" and asking you 'what you were looking for.
    Note: They may be wearing the shop's uniform, but they are employed by a specific brand and employed on commission.

    So when some twat in a Homepro uniform sings the praises of a particular item, he is actually employed by that brand, despite wearing the homepro uniform.


    Sneaky foks.

  7. #10432
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    42,973
    ^ Yes. That is annoying, too. You see what you like and try to collect it but have some asshole salesperson trying to talk you out of what you want.

  8. #10433
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Note: They may be wearing the shop's uniform, but they are employed by a specific brand and employed on commission.

    So when some twat in a Homepro uniform sings the praises of a particular item, he is actually employed by that brand, despite wearing the homepro uniform.


    Sneaky foks.
    I did not know that. Thank you .
    I only want them all to leave me along, to walk with my wife and look at things.
    If I dont know where something is, or if I see something I like and need help I will ask.

  9. #10434
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    6,804
    Even worse when one of the fkrs adopt you at the front door and want to follow you everywhere, and to boot, discuss everything with your mrs in Thai so you barely know WTF’s going on.

    Leave me alone, I’m going to Google the Lazada prices anyway.
    Lang may yer lum reek...

  10. #10435
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    Got me right between the eyes. Ouch!
    Ouch indeed. I hope you are okay now.

    I often don't pay attention to my surroundings. The other day I went to a car repair shop and stepped backwards onto one of those trolleys they use for sliding under cars. I hadn't noticed it. I was unhurt except for the Thais laughing.

  11. #10436
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    3,718
    The Hang Seng Index went up 7.5% today. My moan is that no one told me that would happen.

  12. #10437
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    42,973
    ^^The weighing scale in the veterinarian’s office snuck up under my feet the other day and had me stumbling all around. I never hit the floor but must have looked like a comedian because I got some laughs, too.

  13. #10438
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    6,804
    Picking this shite out of my socks is fkn tedious.

    Daily Moan-30c6c954-e88b-42a0-8bd4-a4c06e8565df-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily Moan-30c6c954-e88b-42a0-8bd4-a4c06e8565df-jpg  

  14. #10439
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    The spoons in Stafford is closing down.

    That'll piss chitty off.
    That Macmaster has a lot to answer for.

  15. #10440
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    11,114
    Another one of those days...

    Early morning flight to UK so up at 03:15. I think I've remembered everything and plenty of time to get to airport. Then trouble, the autobahn junction is closed, have to drive country roads to next junction. Then I miss junction to airport and have to do a 20km detour. Then roadworks prevent me taking usual route to booked car park and I manage to get lost, had to use sat nav to find only open route. As usual bugger all in the way of signs...still arrive in time though.

    UK citizens given the runaround again. Drop bags at TA, security at TC, then back to TA for immigration (unless eu, schengen, US, jap, oz etc.) Then back to TC for gate. It's been like that since Brexit...

    Haven't left Germany yet and I've lost 3 lives...

  16. #10441
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,794
    And the airport pub is closed !


  17. #10442
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    30,168
    I've got to cross a raging stream as the council has split the property in 2 and I need to get to the main house to get some long pants and shoes as I am in court tomorrow.

    If I am not back in half an hour I have either drowned or been eaten by a Burmese python or a water monitor lizard.

  18. #10443
    CCBW Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,299
    I used to have this nice little route I jogged/walked in the morning when I came down to CB for business. Was pleasant and clean. Not anymore. Clearly the tourists are back now. Today on my trek, apparently 2 people puked up their guts on the sidewalk in different places and then there was a smell of piss along the side walk.

    Its was a good Covid run as the place was empty for the last 2+ years, but now all the riff raff is back in full swing and the food quality has dropped and the prices have tripled. Lovely place Pattaya is......

  19. #10444
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    30,168
    I'm back so call off the national guards.

  20. #10445
    CCBW Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    I'm back so call off the national guards.
    WB LT. Troops being recalled as we speak

  21. #10446
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,651
    I'm out of gin so have to wait for 5pm but that's when Morroco/Croatia kick off.

  22. #10447
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,012
    Cheese Footballs.

    An xmas favourite, on offer and couldn't resist buying a few packs. They didn't last long but have removed the skin from the roof of me mouth, they should have a health warning and a portion recommendation. Still, this time next year

  23. #10448
    knows
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:16 PM
    Posts
    10,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Another one of those days...

    Early morning flight to UK so up at 03:15. I think I've remembered everything and plenty of time to get to airport. Then trouble, the autobahn junction is closed, have to drive country roads to next junction. Then I miss junction to airport and have to do a 20km detour. Then roadworks prevent me taking usual route to booked car park and I manage to get lost, had to use sat nav to find only open route. As usual bugger all in the way of signs...still arrive in time though.

    UK citizens given the runaround again. Drop bags at TA, security at TC, then back to TA for immigration (unless eu, schengen, US, jap, oz etc.) Then back to TC for gate. It's been like that since Brexit...

    Haven't left Germany yet and I've lost 3 lives...
    Lufthansa somehow managed to lose, locate, lose and then find my bag in Frankfurt last week.

    It turned up 3 days later but, thankfully, the sausages and bacon I had packed were still good to go!

  24. #10449
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,012
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    It turned up 3 days later but, thankfully, the sausages and bacon I had packed were still good to go!
    I have those Styrofoam boxes which have a 1/2" wall thickness and if you freeze the bacon and sausages and use those freezer packs you're usually good for a couple of days.

  25. #10450
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Lufthansa somehow managed to lose, locate, lose and then find my bag in Frankfurt last week.

    It turned up 3 days later but, thankfully, the sausages and bacon I had packed were still good to go!
    Wrong thread

    Move to:

    Seeking Sausages

Page 418 of 429 FirstFirst ... 318368408410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426428 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •