Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-04-2024 @ 04:39 PM

Stainless Steel Fences and Gates

I have always wondered why, there are so many houses with Stainless Steel fences here.back home, it's too expensive to use.

Does anybody have any idea how much say a 2m x 4 m gate like this one would be?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    50 to 64,000baht baht, thats fitted aswell

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Stainless Steel is a little more expensive here due to tax but the labour to fabricate it is much cheaper and as a gate like this would be quite labour intensive it works out much cheaper overall.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-04-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    50 to 64,000baht baht, thats fitted aswell
    Thanks for that.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    This front entrance cost about 120,000baht, it has 3 panels like this plus a 4 meter gate, the gate is now motorised and remote control which cost about another 40k baht.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    I was told! Stainless is manufactured here for export, by a French company I believe they said, part of the deal with the trade department was that they had to release x amount at "below market" So it's cheaper here than most places in the world.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I believe stainless is manufactured here, the price is very cheap for ordinary 6 meter lengths of stainless, the stainless guys that make up the grills are on a big mark up and earning some good profits.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 08:28 AM

stainless steel

Is mainly imported over here by plates of different thickness or as scrap from stamping factorys in States or elsewhere...

Normally not produced in high Furnace here, only transformed by cold rolling from bigger thickness to thinner sizes...

The scrap is used for casting, melting and redo something else, like boat fixtures...

The pipes found over here are mostly made by Great Central or VR Rangsi, but the stainless comes at start from Thainox near Rayong (Avesta group ). Thainox has huge rolls they will laminate polish and cut to width for tube manufacturing...

Tube manufacturing is not seamless over here, the 2 manufacturers will bend a flat sheet roll to form a circular round pipe or a square pipe and weld on all length then they cut it to the standard 6 meter length...

( the width to make different size of tubes can be ordered by Thainox, starting 600 meter orders they will produce the specific size you could specially wish...the sizes are mostly in inch over here but tend to be available in mm increasingly...)

The main stainless used over here is the SUS 304, a cheaper quality has less nickel in it, can be subject to rusty spots if not properly cared, just wash it from time to time and it will last generations,salt water and acids from cleaning products can harm the 304...

The better stainless quality SUS 316 it is much more difficult to find constant supply and will cost almost 30 % to 200 % more depending, size, seamless or not...
    The food and pharmaceutical industry in Eu and Us is stricly regulated to be 316 and certified but over here looks like the 304 does the job...

Prices bit cheaper then in Europe for tubes, or polished plates here...

1 inch pipe round diameter thickess 1.5 mm will be 750 thb for 6 meter

1 inch pipe square thicknes 1.5 mm will cost near 1'000 thb for 6 meter

forreachingme shapes stainless steel to customers request...

Dis-member
    Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    the stainless guys that make up the grills are on a big mark up and earning some good profits.
    That would explain how the owner of this mansion financed it - he owns the fabricating shop that is next door.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 08:28 AM
    bigger investment at start but low maintainance or nil afterward... no painting, no repairing rusted parts...

Thread Information