Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

thieves around Asoke

for those of you who live in the general area....

Subject: Beware of motorcycle thieves

a friend was walking along Soi 15 (round about where the Somerset Hotel is being renovated) about 6 am in the morning, and 2 men on a motorcycle came up quietly behind her, forcibly took her bag off her (she was pushed/fell to the ground ) and then rode off at speed. Some people came to help her and she reported the incident to the police (unfortunately at the time she was carrying her passport, Thai permit, medical card, bank card and some money – another lesson). At the police station she was told that there have been quite a number of similar incidences between Asoke and Soi 11. An American woman living in the same apartment building as a friend of mine had her bag stolen in the same way along the subsoi between Soi 19 and Soi15 last year, but apparently there have been 7 official reports this year to the local police and possibly others they have not recorded or are not aware of.

born of a jackal
    Last Online
    15-07-2008 @ 06:05 PM
    yes, for sure there are some dodgy characters about.

I was almost mugged last night by 2/3 Thia guys near the KSR - it was on the bridge to Thonburi.

Luckily I saw them in time but had to dart out into 3 lanes of traffic to avoid them - I very nearly got hit my a car.

It woke me up a bit I'll have to admit.

Not again!
    Last Online
    13-05-2022 @ 04:22 PM
    Anyone caught yet?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-02-2019 @ 07:59 PM
    Bladdy hell those scousers get fokin' everywhere

I am in Jail

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 05:35 PM
    I've heard that there is supposed to be a gang operating around KSrd looking for drunks to mug. Be particularly vigilant around Banglamphu if you'vr had a few.

Apparently about 7 or 8 people have been mugged in the area in the past few months and the MIB seem reluctant to do anything about it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I think the young gullible tourists around KS road would be very easy to rob. The problem is you arent going to get much money.

born of a jackal
    Last Online
    15-07-2008 @ 06:05 PM
    I heard a rumour that someone had a gun put to their head around the KSR recently (down near the river).

There's definitely a fair few weirdos around here (ie:KSR area) once you stray away from the tourist section.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    14-05-2014 @ 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    I think the young gullible tourists around KS road would be very easy to rob. The problem is you arent going to get much money.
    I dont know AO. How long has it been since you were there?

It has become quite upmarket on KS itself.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I realize that Lily but I dont think the crooks want up market Thai's who can speak the language if the cops get involved. They are looking for young silly travellers, who will move on to another place by the time a trial came around.

Thread Information