born of a jackal
    Last Online
    15-07-2008 @ 06:05 PM

2 Visas on one page(leaf) - yey or ney?

My passport is almost out of pages but hopefully there's still a bit of life left in it. Noticing that all my visas (ie:Thailand, Cambodia,Vietnam) have only been pasted onto a page that is also clear on the other side has made me think that the authorities may only do it this way.

There are only about 3 clear pages left but all have visas on the other side. So must I renew my passport pronto or can these other sides of pages be used for new visas? (there are still various half pages that can do for stamps)?

if anyone knows, then thanks in advance.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    I have visa stickers on both sides of a page, but they do prefer not to do this.

RIP
    Last Online
    @
    actually you can ask them to put the stamp on a particular page rather than using up a new page...visa of course take the whole page and in my passport are always back to back...never heard of any reluctance to do this...

anonymous ant
    Last Online
    03-10-2016 @ 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colourful-era View Post
    My passport is almost out of pages but hopefully there's still a bit of life left in it. Noticing that all my visas (ie:Thailand, Cambodia,Vietnam) have only been pasted onto a page that is also clear on the other side has made me think that the authorities may only do it this way.

There are only about 3 clear pages left but all have visas on the other side. So must I renew my passport pronto or can these other sides of pages be used for new visas? (there are still various half pages that can do for stamps)?

if anyone knows, then thanks in advance.

all the pages are numbered, and can be used for visas and stamps. there is no reason why they should leave a blank page.
    as long as you still have space for the bloody full page visa sticker the cambodians use there should be no problems in theory, but...................
    the fukkin cambodians used to do this to me on my visa runs. ended up with a blank page each time i did a run. they started doing it after i refused to continue paying the exit stamp "fee". they would stamp entry at the top of a page, paste the dirty great visa on the next, then stamp exit on the next. took me a while to catch on (i was just too happy to get the visa run over with and still had plenty of pages left), but eventually i did get them to use up all the empty pages. you gotta insist they do not waste space- tell them not to stamp in the middle of the page, or start a new one if there is space left on another, stand your ground and take no shit from them. they do it on purpose to try screw you around. never had shit from the thais in this regard, but those cambodians.............!
    in the meantime you need to hurry up and apply for a new passport, it can take a while.
    good luck
    Last edited by tsicar; 08-11-2007 at 01:33 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Following up on the new passport point, several countries are now taking a minimum of 10 working days to process passports 'owing to the introduction of the RFID chips'.

Regards

born of a jackal
    Last Online
    15-07-2008 @ 06:05 PM
    thanks for the info.

Thread Information