Last Online
    16-08-2009 @ 09:09 AM

Cool Mata Hari Pattaya

One of the best restaurants in Pattaya is Mata Hari, although it sounds Indian, it is a good international restauarant run by a nice guy dutch Louis, not cheap, but good food I can gurantee that, also has a web site, place to take that tasty new bird to impress!!!. Cheaper & better food than Brunos

Not an expat
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Don't give us too much information.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    One of the best restaurants in Pattaya is Mata Hari, although it sounds Indian,
    Matahari was a Dutch women who adoped a Malay name.
    Matahari in Malay means centre of the dawn or simliar.

How about giving us some good info on short time bars etc ? Lately DD has failed miserably in keeping us up to date. You look like man about town, so hopefully you can take over and keep us poor lads out in Baan Nawk informed.
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    Matahari was a Dutch women who adoped a Malay name.
    Indonesian name I believe, although the language is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    How about giving us some good info on short time bars etc ? Lately DD has failed miserably in keeping us up to date.
    Sometimes I do have to work for a living unfortuneately, and if you work for a living it tends to knacker you out a bit also dickie doesn't have the required amount of posts for the more sordid areas of the board

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Anyway, I can vouch for Mata Hari. Bruno's works out more expensive- 17% service charge, plus wine more expensive, food great but on a par with Mata's, prefer the ambiance at Mata anyway.

Last Online
    18-02-2009 @ 03:51 AM
    Best bet in pattaya imho.... they even let me make my own martinis - giving me a bottle of grey goose, vermouth, shaker, ice n stuff when i walk in....the pan fried foie gras is best i've ever had. Better value and more fun than brunos and grill room.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    Is it the same Mata Hari that was between sois 7/8 on 2nd Road? If so then I guess the grub's improved a bit because that was ok but nothing special.

Last Online
    24-01-2012 @ 09:40 AM
    Another 'fruit salad' hot-spot lol

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by keda View Post
    Is it the same Mata Hari that was between sois 7/8 on 2nd Road? If so then I guess the grub's improved a bit because that was ok but nothing special.
    Same one keda- they moved to a supposedly better location, and actually the move has proved a big success- the restaurant is doing very well indeed.

Manhattan Steak House right next door is doing fine now also, after a slow start.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Peterpan aint too shabby either!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Never been to either Manhattan or the new Mata Hari but looks like Jomtien/Pattaya is growing a number of upmarket eateries that farangs are flocking to if only in the hope to sample a touch of class.

Experience is of course personal so mine may be different to others, and though I make a point to visit new establishments and have had some excellent meals (and service, re Villa Market), I still rate most of the new restaurants as not at all special, with few exceptions pretentious, and grossly overpriced.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Experience is indeed personal, but if you like an occasional splurge I will stick my neck out and recommend giving Mata Hari a go Keda. In my view it gets it about right, and at a worthwhile saving compared to Bruno's, Manhattan and Gian's (well overpriced) in the same area.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Thanks, group arriving Sunday so will arrange a bash sometime next week.

Last Online
    I pop in regular to both Mata-hari, and Manattans, primarilarly for a drink, on the way home,5*hospitality in both, particularly,with 'hands-on' Louis, a very fine host,a little ott at times, his wine tasting can be amusing.I took my staff for an impromtu party, pre-ordered, for an hour ahead, given the drinks,we had, and the carraffes inside the restaurant,my staff were thrilled,not to mention pissed,perfect!! I am going to O'Garas tonight, just past Mata hari, uphill turn right, and 300 yds on the left, it opened,on Monday

Last Online
    I feel obliged to warn anyone travelling along Thrappraya road to any of the above, the road is an accident blackspot, don't attempt it on a motor bike,take the bus.

Last Online
    20-07-2011 @ 12:38 AM
    One of the nicest meals I had was in Mata Hari before it moved to Jomptien - still remember it.

Thread Information