Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449

    Shocking dumped outside Hospital

    How often does this happen?

    Let's hope the privatization of UK hospitals doesn't go to this level of care.


  • #2
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,332
    ...what's also shocking is that hospital guards followed orders to remove the patient from the hospital despite her obvious distress...at some point, underlings have to stand up to such outrageously callous decisions...tRump office pets take note...

  • #3
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Unfortunately, the fear of losing their job, could well be a factor in why nothing gets reported.


    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...what's also shocking is that hospital guards followed orders to remove the patient from the hospital despite her obvious distress...at some point, underlings have to stand up to such outrageously callous decisions...tRump office pets take note...

  • #4
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    29,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    How often does this happen?

    Let's hope the privatization of UK hospitals doesn't go to this level of care.

    How often does it happen? Probably more often than we want to think it does.

    Thereís a problem when someone is ready to be discharged from a hospital and has no place to go. Thatís probably why the poor woman was there in the first place. Dumping her outside, alone, with no warm clothing to catch a bus is beyond the pale. Everyone working at that hospital knows better.

    Why were security guards taking her out, anyway? That shouldnít be their responsibility.



    As far as UK hospitals being privatized, I didnít know about that. Sad news. Things wonít get any better if privately run for profit.

  • #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,837
    Universal healthcare would have meant this did not happen.
    Regulation of the insurance companies needs to occur for that to happen, and for Trump to fkcuk off out of the WH.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Unfortunately, the fear of losing their job, could well be a factor in why nothing gets reported.
    Labour laws need reviewing too. In Australia and NZ, it's not so easy to sack someone. Trump's "You're fired" attitude must end, especially in the public and health sectors.

  • #6
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    29,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    Universal healthcare would have meant this did not happen.
    Still wouldn’t have given her a place to go if she had been discharged. She should have been allowed to stay until the next morning when social services could be called to help her.

    Sorry bunch at that hospital.

  • #7
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Seems Trump is to blame for everything,I believe this has been happening before Trump was elected.

    The hospital could have easily telephoned an organization that helps people with mental health problems.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    Universal healthcare would have meant this did not happen.
    Regulation of the insurance companies needs to occur for that to happen, and for Trump to fkcuk off out of the WH.


    Labour laws need reviewing too. In Australia and NZ, it's not so easy to sack someone. Trump's "You're fired" attitude must end, especially in the public and health sectors.

  • #8
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I believe this has been happening before Trump was elected.
    ...you're right: Republican Reagan began the dumping of mentally ill patients on America's streets...his legacy haunts us to this day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    The hospital could have easily telephoned an organization that helps people with mental health problems.
    ..and why didn't hospital admin do exactly this?...too much paperwork?...admin on holiday?...

  • #9
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Tomcat, was this happening under democrat admin as well.?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...you're right: Republican Reagan began the dumping of mentally ill patients on America's streets...his legacy haunts us to this day...
    ..and why didn't hospital admin do exactly this?...too much paperwork?...admin on holiday?...

  • #10
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Tomcat, was this happening under democrat admin as well.?
    ...google away...

  • #11
    Thailand Expat
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,218
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    There’s a problem when someone is ready to be discharged from a hospital and has no place to go.
    In Canada you can't be discharged from hospital until you have talked to the "post discharged" (or whatever they are called) nurse/counselled. One of my good female friends is/used to be one. Can't take care of yourself or nowhere to go then ... But she did tell me how much pressure she is/was under to free up hospital beds.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

  • #12
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Would have preferred it came from an American as no doubt, whatever link I provide it will be attacked for its political views, though from what I have seen it was under the Dems as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...google away...

  • #13
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Would have preferred it came from an American
    ...you're not from a shithole country...are you?...

  • #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,837
    Maybe Denmark?

  • #15
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Are you being a little defensive now,I was attacking anyone just trying to find info.

    Let's say the NHS is providing a shit hole experience for patients these days, though we don't dump people on the street.

  • #16
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Should say wasn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Are you being a little defensive now,I was attacking anyone just trying to find info.

    Let's say the NHS is providing a shit hole experience for patients these days, though we don't dump people on the street.

  • #17
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    though we don't dump people
    ...you and your fellow Danes?...

  • #18
    lom
    lom is offline
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    8,351
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    As far as UK hospitals being privatized, I didn’t know about that. Sad news. Things won’t get any better if privately run for profit.
    Applies also to elderly care, school, train network, and electricity distribution and sales.

  • #19
    disconnected SKkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    39.2014 N, 85.9214 W
    Posts
    7,000
    This is what happens in shitholes...

    Baltimore Bitch: Baltimore Is A Shithole.... (2007)

  • #20
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,367
    Why is this in the Members section, Chico?

  • #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,449
    Because whenever i post in the lounge section it gets moved to the news section.

  • #22
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    6,158
    Terribly civilised business culture.
    Lessened the nature of social and familial extensions.

  • #23
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Posts
    12,143
    Have to say was a bit of an eye opener for me the other day as had to go and pick a mate up from A&E at Leighton hospital and the amount of people on trollies in corridors waiting to be seen was staggering. Also was a sign up saying expect a 6 hour wait before getting seen.

  • #24
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,550

  • #25
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Have to say was a bit of an eye opener for me the other day as had to go and pick a mate up from A&E at Leighton hospital and the amount of people on trollies in corridors waiting to be seen was staggering. Also was a sign up saying expect a 6 hour wait before getting seen.

    Not doubt that extra £300m a week you voted for will be arriving to save the NHS any day now.

  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •