1. #8076
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Yes because £/baht trading is what gets traders excited.
    Apparently so, ...hence the GBP being devalued by a whopping 23% against the THB since the Brexit referendum.

    Additionally, GBP has been devalued against all the other currencies that matter, eg worst GBP/USD rate in 35 years.

  2. #8077
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    Apparently so, ...hence the GBP being devalued by a whopping 23% against the THB since the Brexit referendum.

    Additionally, GBP has been devalued against all the other currencies that matter, eg worst GBP/USD rate in 35 years.
    Yes the £ is no longer over valued and trading at a more realistic level another thing to thank the Brexit referendum for.

  3. #8078
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Yes because £/baht trading is what gets traders excited.
    Certain Traders, those of the Toilet variety, clue.... "SimplySausages"

  4. #8079
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Yes the £ is no longer over valued and trading at a more realistic level another thing to thank the Brexit referendum for.

  5. #8080
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    24-05-2019 @ 12:16 AM
    Location
    east of sun west of moon
    Posts
    2,929
    Blackpool compares well with Phuket then.

  6. #8081
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Shut up, shut up, shut up.
    Everyone is sick and tired of you, using this forum to repeat the same odious complaints.

    Recprocal rights have already been agreed between the UK and the major players among the 27 MS, as long ago as last year, you utter fucking buffoon.
    So what are these reciprocal rights?

    Those UK citizens in Germany should have received the same letter as I did by now. It is split into two parts explaining what will happen in the case of an an agreed and unagreed deal.

    If an agreement is reached then UK citizens need do nothing until Dec 2020. After that date it is expected that a trade deal will be put in place and UK citizens resident in Germany will continue to benefit from having full EU rights.

    If no agreement is reached by 29 March then all UK citizens in Germany will lose EU rights and have 3 months to apply for a third national visa. All family members will also have their visa revoked, even if it is permanent and will have to reapply as third nationals. Right to remain is granted until the application has been processed.

    The witch could end up with a few expats knocking on the door

  7. #8082
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Immigrants are flooding across the English channel in dingies and stolen fishing boats, while the Royal Navy are on an American led jolly to troll China in the South China Seas.....while simultaneously trying to make hugely important trade deals with said Chinese.

    Mere weeks before Brexit at a time when the UK is urgently looking to make deals outside the EU.

    Chancellor Philip Hammond = Maybot's right hand = The guy in charge of the UK economy.


    A visit to China by Chancellor Phillip Hammond has been called off amid reports a speech by the UK's defence secretary angered Beijing.

    There were plans for trade talks between Mr Hammond and senior Chinese government figures during the brief visit next week.

    Earlier this week, Gavin Williamson had indicated the UK's intention to send an aircraft carrier to the Pacific.

    China is currently involved in a dispute over territorial claims in the Pacific. Six countries have competing claims over the South China Sea islands.

    In it he announced the HMS Queen Elizabeth would be deployed to the region, as well as the Middle East and the Mediterranean, on its maiden voyage.


    BBC political correspondent Jonathan Blake said suggestions the speech had caused China to pull the plug on the trip are being played down officially.

    However, he said Mr Williamson's comments had "raised eyebrows".


    The last two sentences are BBC speak for the government has shat the bed.

  8. #8083
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Posts
    11,850
    Troy how long have you lived in Germany? Long enough to have obtained citizenship. You are like some of my wife's dumb fuk friends who have been in the UK 10+ years and never bother to obtained British citizenship either through laziness or a dickhead husband. You had the option you chose not to take it. Go cry elsewhere but you are educated so what is your excuse?

  9. #8084
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,449
    ^ The idea of freedom of movement within the EU and the Treaty of Rome was obviously completely lost with you.

    Third nationals require change of citizenship to stay. EU citizens do not need to change their nationality.

    Look at the figures for change of nationality, there is a huge number of UK citizens in the EU who have not done this and will require work permits to continue.

    It has little to do with me, I am old enough to do as I like.

  10. #8085
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Posts
    11,850
    Nice rant but totally avoided the question asked, as in you've lived in Germany for numerous years and you would have qualified for citizenship and a German passport, so I ask again why don't you have a German passport?

    Before you go off on another whataboutery answer that first.

  11. #8086
    I'm not in jail
    Jack meoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Location
    momo's Y-fronts
    Posts
    5,244

  12. #8087
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,344
    Phil Foden!
    Phil Foden!

    He's one of our own

  13. #8088
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    So what are these reciprocal rights?

    Those UK citizens in Germany should have received the same letter as I did by now. It is split into two parts explaining what will happen in the case of an an agreed and unagreed deal.

    If an agreement is reached then UK citizens need do nothing until Dec 2020. After that date it is expected that a trade deal will be put in place and UK citizens resident in Germany will continue to benefit from having full EU rights.

    If no agreement is reached by 29 March then all UK citizens in Germany will lose EU rights and have 3 months to apply for a third national visa. All family members will also have their visa revoked, even if it is permanent and will have to reapply as third nationals. Right to remain is granted until the application has been processed.

    The witch could end up with a few expats knocking on the door
    No deal: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...y-qanda_en.pdf

    WA: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/publ...l-agreement_en

    In addition to this, a number of MS have agreed bilateral rights for reciprocity, including voting rights post Brexit, in addition to EU assurances on residency.
    It is one area upon which all countries seem to be in agreement, so I really donít see why you are so concerned about it.

  14. #8089
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Nice rant but totally avoided the question asked, as in you've lived in Germany for numerous years and you would have qualified for citizenship and a German passport, so I ask again why don't you have a German passport?

    Before you go off on another whataboutery answer that first.
    As an EU citizen I don't need to and if I did my third national wife would have needed an A1 in German with 18 months to reach B2. The Treaty of Rome allowed her entry and be able to learn English to a higher standard instead. If I change citizenship her visa is revoked.

    Switch, I can post the letter in German if you are not convinced. An agreement allows for full EU rights in the future. No deal means 3 months to get citizenship, third national visa or Foxtrot Oscar.

  15. #8090
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,081
    40 days to go.


    Tick tock.

  16. #8091
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Posts
    11,361

  17. #8092
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,337
    Have we left yet?

  18. #8093
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080

  19. #8094
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Posts
    11,361
    not soon enough, I wonder what silly surprises Maybot is reserving for our amusement next week

  20. #8095
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    As an EU citizen I don't need to and if I did my third national wife would have needed an A1 in German with 18 months to reach B2. The Treaty of Rome allowed her entry and be able to learn English to a higher standard instead. If I change citizenship her visa is revoked.

    Switch, I can post the letter in German if you are not convinced. An agreement allows for full EU rights in the future. No deal means 3 months to get citizenship, third national visa or Foxtrot Oscar.
    You asked a question. I used EC literature to answer it. Sorry for both links being in English. It was either that or the only other EU alternative.

  21. #8096
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    not soon enough, I wonder what silly surprises Maybot is reserving for our amusement next week
    Don’t worry yourself insignificant troll. The British are leaving. Perhaps not as soon as you would like, but they are leaving.

  22. #8097
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Passengers stranded across Europe have told of their frustration after the UK regional airline Flybmi collapsed, cancelling all its flights.

    The company said uncertainty over Brexit and rises in fuel and carbon costs led it to go into administration.


    ......no doubt the Brexiteers will tell us it had nothing to do with uncertainty over Brexit or buying aviation fuel with a very weak pound.

  23. #8098
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,081
    Surely the company had "strong" Euros to buy fuel.

  24. #8099
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You asked a question. I used EC literature to answer it. Sorry for both links being in English. It was either that or the only other EU alternative.
    Buttfly is going to love it once ze Yermans change the official language to Yerman, move the parliament to Berlin and change the Euro to Mark....only joking.

  25. #8100
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    ^
    An interesting insight into the 'thoughts' of a Brexiteer.

    ...and only a mild snide attack on another poster, well done!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

  1. Dragonfly,
  2. buriramboy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •