Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 86 of 86
  1. #76
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    what causes low blood pressure?
    maybe eating lots of potassium rich food like bananas
    Oh please be wrong, i eat at least one a day, its my favorite snack.
    Not to worry. There is only about 1mEq of potassium per each inch of banana and the normal daily requirement for an adult is 40-50mEq. That is a lot of bananas unless you eat one 2 feet long.
    Bananas are also good if you are on a diuretic for high blood pressure or a combination drug that contains one. Potassium is lost while taking this type of medication, so replenishment is often needed.

  2. #77
    Member taffyapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    15-03-2011 @ 03:24 PM
    Location
    korat thailand
    Posts
    320

    blood pressure

    we have all in thailand forgot to mention the bigest cause,thai builders and being sat in the front seat of thai driving a car,try to aviode,o fnuk i always fly thai.

  3. #78
    euston has flown

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    Posts
    6,982
    If you are taking potassium substitutes for salt then you do need at adjust the weights and volumes a bit

    for a 40% sodium, 60% potassium mix

    by weight, you need to use about 20% more because kcl is heavier than salt
    by volume you need to use about 40% more because kcl is less dense and heavier than salt

    if you are using potassium bicarbonate for baking:

    by weight and volume you need to use about 20% more

    BTW potassium is just a little radioactive (:

  4. #79
    Member Dick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    517
    Nice info , thank you



    Quote Originally Posted by Zone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    I went for a sleep test as was told suffering from severe sleep apnea and this is a noted cause for very high blood pressure

    Hey Dick, I see a lot of confusion here,your problem is SO, SO simple to overcome.

    1- Forget about treating symptoms as drug companies do!! (unless you have a life threatening situation now),,, You must treat the CAUSE.

    2- Educate yourself, I'm sure you are trying. Google ''ross horne 5th edition'' Read the book 'the health revolution' on line -free. Read it at least twice..!!!

    3- Immediately eliminate ALL -YES ALL, fats and oils from your diet, Right down to the last speck. Be fanatical about it . You won't be deficient Because All foods contain some oil/fat,, even the humble lettuce.

    4- Eliminate ALL salt, be tough, ALL salt.. (most veges have sodium so you will not be deficient).

    5- Drink water not alcohol

    6- Excercise, slowly,but lots of it, Hours of walking each day, walking till you sweat if you can without straining your heart- see book.

    Good luck, Z one

    ''If you say you would rather die than change your lifstyle,,you will'' -Ross Horne.

  5. #80
    Thailand Expat
    Takeovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    5,113
    Hi Dick

    Yes the Information is partly quite good. But the advice to eliminate ALL fats from your diet is major bullshit. An unbalanced diet cannot be the way to health.

    Also it is not at all related to your situation. Severe sleep apnoe is a very dangerous condition and needs treatment.

    It may be partly caused by severe overweight and in that case the advie by Zone could help you reduce that weight. But don't neglect the doctors advice on handling the apnoe.

  6. #81
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    28-07-2017 @ 02:36 PM
    Posts
    2
    Hi,

    I am also searching for an alternative meds for hypertension for my grandmother and I saw an ad about a transdermal device. Have you heard about Doxyva? They say it is effective.

  7. #82
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    9,000


    Looks quackery to me.
    Online Price $239.00.
    Last edited by Pragmatic; 26-07-2017 at 03:37 PM.

  8. #83
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    28-07-2017 @ 02:36 PM
    Posts
    2
    Hi,

    It seems though however if we will check how it works and its benefits it is impressive. what I love about it is the way how you will be treated. most of us right now are takings meds that can affect our kidneys and that is the reason why I would love to know more about this device. I hope we can talk to someone who have tried it.

  9. #84
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Posts
    35,105
    Welcome to the Buffalo Board, Glenda...

  10. #85
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    9,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda11
    It seems though however if we will check how it works and its benefits it is impressive.
    Can you stick it up your Nong Noy? By the way, I see they 'closed' the thread you started over there on the other forum.

  11. #86
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Posts
    11,413
    Indeed, this is a valuable tool in reducing blood pressure but it only works if you are a naive, credulous fuckwit with a borderline IQ verging on imbecility or an American.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •