Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    84,681

    Norwegian killer Breivik begins parole hearing with Nazi salute

    Either his digs must be very nice or he's still a mental case.

    SKIEN, Norway, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik gave a Nazi salute on Tuesday as he entered court for a parole hearing that will decide if he should be released after spending more than a decade behind bars.

    Norwegian killer Breivik begins parole hearing with Nazi salute | Reuters

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    84,681
    Norwegian killer Breivik begins parole hearing with Nazi salute-breivik-jpg

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    40,751
    They need to just put him down like a rabid dog.

  4. #4
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,572
    I don't understand how ppl can survive in jail for decades. Why wouldn't you just off yourself ? Looks like he's enjoying jail judging by his behavior in the parole hearing.

  5. #5
    Member
    Bonecollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    971
    Some of these sentences are a joke, if you kill that many people and have this sort of ideology, you should never be allowed to walk the streets again.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    7,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I don't understand how ppl can survive in jail for decades. Why wouldn't you just off yourself ? Looks like he's enjoying jail judging by his behavior in the parole hearing.
    Do some research on Norwegian jails, they're one step away from being holiday resorts and are nothing like prisons in most other countries.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    6,713
    ^ A Norwegian friend of mine was prosecuted for driving over the limit (they are very tough on drink driving and it's a mandatory custodial sentence) and he was allowed to serve the sentence in between offshore work trips so that he didn't lose his job.

  8. #8
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    27,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    Some of these sentences are a joke, if you kill that many people and have this sort of ideology, you should never be allowed to walk the streets again.
    His sentence will be extended until he dies in detention, obviously.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    10,645
    ^ after the 21 years are up, as per the clause in his sentence.

  10. #10
    Member
    Bonecollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    ^ A Norwegian friend of mine was prosecuted for driving over the limit (they are very tough on drink driving and it's a mandatory custodial sentence) and he was allowed to serve the sentence in between offshore work trips so that he didn't lose his job.
    Firm but fair then.

  11. #11
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Do some research on Norwegian jails, they're one step away from being holiday resorts and are nothing like prisons in most other countries.
    I've seen all the pictures. I spent just 2 days in a hospital that looked similar to his conditions and it was still brutal

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    10,645
    Was that for the lobotomy?

  13. #13
    Member
    Ravers98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Was that for the lobotomy?

    *snigger*

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    40,751
    ^^Nothing to work with.

  15. #15
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravers98 View Post
    *snigger*

    who the hell are you Ravers

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Posts
    1,055
    I wondering how he thinks the Nazi salute is going to help his case for parole.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspasm View Post
    I spent just 2 days in a hospital that looked similar to his conditions and it was still brutal
    How did the operation go, scarecrow?



  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I've seen all the pictures. I spent just 2 days in a hospital that looked similar to his conditions and it was still brutal

    Yes, your hospital visit is exactly like being imprisoned in Norway for 21 years.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    84,681
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWilly View Post
    Yes, your hospital visit is exactly like being imprisoned in Norway for 21 years.
    It's a timely reminder of my upcoming quarantine in Bangkok.

    Anders Breivik: Just how cushy are Norwegian prisons? - BBC News

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •