Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 134
  1. #76
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,379
    Yes- female Doctor.

  2. #77
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Woman have vaginal examinations all the time (or they do if they have their heads screwed on). If it is carried out privately by qualified medical staff, does it really qualify as any of that?

    It's not like they asked them to drop their knickers and gape at the passing passengers, is it?
    The overarching ethical concept is of consent.

  3. #78
    Busy gal
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Woman have vaginal examinations all the time (or they do if they have their heads screwed on). If it is carried out privately by qualified medical staff, does it really qualify as any of that?

    It's not like they asked them to drop their knickers and gape at the passing passengers, is it?
    It't called a pap smear to check for ovarian cancer...and we should get it done every 3 years or so. These women being stripped without their consent, doesn't compare in any way to getting a pap smear.

  4. #79
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,898
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    Was it?
    Every airport has doctors and nurses on call. People take ill (or die) all the time, sometimes they are needed to escort patients straight from hospital to critical care.

  5. #80
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,898
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    It't called a pap smear to check for ovarian cancer...and we should get it done every 3 years or so. These women being stripped without their consent, doesn't compare in any way to getting a pap smear.
    Not being a woman, I can't really empathise, but there are two issues here that surely counterbalance the need for consent, and other than being affronted, would you really be "humiliated or degraded" at a vaginal exam from a medical professional?

    (1) A woman literally threw a newborn baby in the bin.

    (2) That woman's life would very likely have been in danger if the appropriate postpartum procedures were not followed.

    Does that not mitigate their actions in *any* way?

    What would you have done differently?

    Said that "consent" outweighs human life?

    I'm not taking sides here: The Qataris and their absurd laws - and favouring of their own nationals over others - create this scenario a lot more than you can imagine.

    It's simply not a black and white issue in my opinion.

  6. #81
    Busy gal
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    would you really be "humiliated or degraded" at a vaginal exam from a medical professional?
    It seems like these women didn't have a choice whether to be examined or not. If you read the article I posted, they weren't asked if they could be examined. When I want to get a pap smear, I call and make an appointment. I don't have to get a pap smear if I don't want or may choose to do it every five years instead. Also, why weren't any other women examined that may have been on an earlier flight or in the airport etc? Could it have been an actual Qataris who worked in the airport etc.. seems odd to me.

  7. #82
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,307
    They were forced . . . the Qatari government apologised and stated that their officials had broken guidelines . . . now it's time for OhOh and Skidmark to re-enforce the right to forcibly molest and degrade women.

  8. #83
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    They were forced . . . the Qatari government apologised and stated that their officials had broken guidelines . . . now it's time for OhOh and Skidmark to re-enforce the right to forcibly molest and degrade women.
    I didnt take a position on this dipstick. 2 other posters did, and provided some reason for it. Take it up with them.

  9. #84
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    It seems like these women didn't have a choice whether to be examined or not. If you read the article I posted, they weren't asked if they could be examined. When I want to get a pap smear, I call and make an appointment. I don't have to get a pap smear if I don't want or may choose to do it every five years instead. Also, why weren't any other women examined that may have been on an earlier flight or in the airport etc? Could it have been an actual Qataris who worked in the airport etc.. seems odd to me.

    There was a crime scene. They were investigating a crime. If you are present at a crime scene , you may be interrogated as a witness. And there are some legal obligations for you when you are present at a crime scene.

  10. #85
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I didnt take a position on this dipstick.
    Oh, but you did . . . you went to great lengths to ensure that your opinion was known about the right to forcibly molest women

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    There was a crime scene. They were investigating a crime. If you are present at a crime scene , you may be interrogated as a witness. And there are some legal obligations for you when you are present at a crime scene.
    There you go again . . . are you really so dumb or do you just act it out well? You're a lawyer now, a specialist in the Qatari legal system . . . and you know that these women were at the 'crime scene'. Amazing

    They deserved it, right . . .

    OhOh stopped posting on this thread because he knows he's clearly shown his cards on this but you're doing your typical dumb double down . . . and cementing your stand

  11. #86
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,667
    The entire airport is was not a crime scene. They we removed from a plane without explanation and examined in an ambulance on the runway. That’s nothing like a 5 year Pap smear at your preferred doctor’s clinic.

  12. #87
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,379
    I've heard that there has been a spike in bookings to Doha, from adult females. Pattaya is passe'.

  13. #88
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,770
    The women were examined without their consent. The reason wasn't properly explained and they had no choice in the matter. It was an invasion of privacy. In the article that MM posted, a 60+ year old lady was exempted from the procedure only because they judged her as being too old to have been the possible mother of the baby. The Qataris were wrong & have apologized for it.

    Going back to my medical exam (work - sponsored) - if there are procedures that I/the patient object to or not comfortable with, we could say no. We sign a form stating that we declined that procedure. That option wasn't given to those Australian women.

  14. #89
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,379
    I'm sure every female drug smuggler would object to the invasion of privacy too. There was an active investigation for an attempted homicide (infanticide, if you prefer). There was also the risk that a mentally disturbed woman was boarding an international flight, posing a potential risk of harm to herself and other passengers. It could well be construed as a Duty of Care for the security personnel in Doha to attempt to stop this happening.

    The inspections were carried out by a female doctor, in the back of an ambulance on the tarmac. Privacy assured. Sorry, but I just don't buy this "Vagina Inviolata" bullshit, Gimme a break- we live in a Real world, don't we? What if no actioin had been taken, and a mentally ill woman had harmed other passengers &/ or herself? We would be upset about something else then, wouldn't we?

    Just gotta be upset about something, that's the main thing.

  15. #90
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,307
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Just gotta be upset about something, that's the main thing.
    . . . which is why the Qatari government apologised . . . yea, sabang.

  16. #91
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,379
    Yes, they are "sorry about the distress" caused to these Vaginal Inviolates, whilst pointing out they were carrying out a criminal investigation into an attempted infanticide. Their PR agency was working overtime.

    Look, if you travel internationally you could have your fanny tickled, or even a finger poked up yer arse. If you can't handle that, don't fly.

    If they ban 'intimate inspections' on international flights, you've just breathed new life into Isil and AQ. Welcome to the age of Cherry Bomb.

  17. #92
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    I'm sure every female drug smuggler would object to the invasion of privacy too.
    Really?

    You are just trying to be ornery now, bordering on Socal's level of stupidity.

  18. #93
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,379
    Really?
    Wouldn't you object to a cavity search, if you had 'arf a kilo of high grade heroin stored there? Or high explosives?

    Sure, I'm being ornery. Bullshit like this makes me so. It is not a major diplomatic incident at all.

  19. #94
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Wouldn't you object to a cavity search, if you had 'arf a kilo of high grade heroin stored there? Or high explosives?

    Sure, I'm being ornery. Bullshit like this makes me so. It is not a major diplomatic incident at all.
    It's being assumed that there was some sort of penetration. I could be wrong but I think it was just a visual inspection. If I child was born 10 minutes before , a visual is all that is needed I would think.

    And if that's the case , how is this any different than the X-ray body scanner booths that everyone has to go through in some places. The Gulf being one of them.

    At Dubai , a retina scan is mandatory I believe

  20. #95
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,054
    This is what those scanners look like.
    The guys penis and scrotum is visible
    Aussie women stripped in horror Qatar Airways flight after baby found-screen_shot_2014-08-21_at_4-11-45_pm-png

  21. #96
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,379
    If I child was born 10 minutes before , a visual is all that is needed I would think.
    So would I, but what would I know. I am neither female or a doctor.

  22. #97
    Busy gal
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    There was a crime scene. They were investigating a crime. If you are present at a crime scene , you may be interrogated as a witness. And there are some legal obligations for you when you are present at a crime scene.
    How did they know that it was someone on that flight? I do feel very bad that a baby was left behind like that, it is horrible all around. I just wonder if there was a different way to go about it.

  23. #98
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    How did they know that it was someone on that flight?
    They didnt, they searched a number of flights.

  24. #99
    Busy gal
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    So would I, but what would I know. I am neither female or a doctor.
    Honestly, they did more than just check, according to the news.

    She told the ABC she was forced to take off her clothes and was inspected and touched by the nurse.

    Australian women have described their fear as they were dragged off a flight, locked in an ambulance and subjected to invasive examinations.

    Qatar Airways strip searches 13 Aussie women after baby found in bathroom




  25. #100
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    Honestly, they did more than just check, according to the news.

    She told the ABC she was forced to take off her clothes and was inspected and touched by the nurse.

    Australian women have described their fear as they were dragged off a flight, locked in an ambulance and subjected to invasive examinations.

    Qatar Airways strip searches 13 Aussie women after baby found in bathroom




    Ok. I'll give you that. They were touched. Which is worse than just a visual.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •