Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 735
  1. #176
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Some think they have their own facts too.
    Do You?

  2. #177
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,086
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Some think they have their own facts too.
    ...and some think their opinions are the facts...

  3. #178
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    Do You?
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    ...and some think their opinions are the facts...
    Yep, that's a better way of putting it.

  4. #179
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Posts
    7,217
    ^Who was the one saying
    I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
    (Quite a good motto for TD...)

  5. #180
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:00 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    11,508
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Reports of white dudes with walkie-talkies apparently coordinating / initiating riot actions:

    White supremacy groups are hoping to leverage George Floyd’s death into their longed-for ‘race war’ – Alternet.org
    Not surprising that there are agent provocateurs out there fanning the flames. The end-game is always a justification for more crackdowns, surveillance, and loss of civil rights. So I doubt that it's the work of some ramshackle "white supremacy" cowboys..

  6. #181
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    29,777
    the YouTube videos I've seen have mostly been white people.

  7. #182
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Reports of white dudes with walkie-talkies apparently coordinating / initiating riot actions:
    White supremacy groups are hoping to leverage George Floyd’s death into their longed-for ‘race war’ – Alternet.org
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Some think they have their own facts too.
    So, Ant, are you quoting a case of "Their Own Facts" with Alternet? or just providing a good example?

  8. #183
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    So, Ant, are you quoting a case of "Their Own Facts" with Alternate? or just providing a good example of "Their Own Facts"?
    Eh? How is that post in any way ambiguous to you.

    And it's Alternet not Alternate.

  9. #184
    Thailand Expat
    YourDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Location
    Council flat. Thanks suckers!
    Posts
    3,571
    Probably 2 mil tomorrow due to rioting. Couldn't happen to a nicer country. Just look at some of the poosters here lolz

    Fat asses prolly wouldn't even be able to put a facemask over their obese mugz

    Lard of da free


  10. #185
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    And it's Alternet not Alternate.
    Thanks for spellchecking that - no wonder I couldn't fact check their opinion piece.

    AlterNet - Media Bias/Fact Check
    In general, AlterNet consistently publishes pro-Left news stories and those that denigrate the right.
    A factual search reveals that AlterNet has a Mixed claim via Snopes and false claim from Check Your Fact.
    Overall, we rate AlterNet far Left Biased based on story selection and wording that always favors the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed fact checks as well as the promotion of pseudoscience. (5/13/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 12/30/2019)

    Yea, lets hear it for pseudoscience! Rah, Rah, Rah

  11. #186
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
    Not surprising that there are agent provocateurs out there fanning the flames. The end-game is always a justification for more crackdowns, surveillance, and loss of civil rights. So I doubt that it's the work of some ramshackle "white supremacy" cowboys..
    I don't know about that but this is really odd to say the least.

    Enter a riot zone. Smash windows. Leave. Dressed in all black with a full gas mask and an umbrella.


  12. #187
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    Thanks for spellchecking that - no wonder I couldn't fact check their opinion piece.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if you even bothered opening the link / reading it.

    In any event you are barking up the wrong tree trying to tie it to me.

    Go back and start over, read the post again.

  13. #188
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:00 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    11,508
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    I don't know about that but this is really odd to say the least.

    Enter a riot zone. Smash windows. Leave. Dressed in all black with a full gas mask and an umbrella.

    Did he leave in a black helicopter?

  14. #189
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    No, Ant...

    Posting a link to "reports of", without a disclaimer, is presenting the info as factual and supported by.

  15. #190
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    Posting a link to "reports of", without a disclaimer, is presenting the info as factual and supported by.
    No it really isn't.

    This is an Internet forum not a news organisation with editorial standards.

    Disclaimer requirement for posting a link!? You are being ridiculous.

  16. #191
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    No, I'm being practical.

  17. #192
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    No, I'm being practical.
    OK then I look forward to the disclaimer you include with every post.

    Do you have a boilerplate?







    Ps. And let's be honest here, you're being churlish over my earlier comment and making a bit of a tit of yourself.

  18. #193
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    No, I provide a disclaimer when I post a link I disagree with. A rare situation.

  19. #194
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    22,460
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    these protests have a defined history of accomplishing little
    dunno - the russkis are trolling the sh1t out of the facebook and twitter retards - firing up all sorts of crazy

    good chance they will out themselves with their over eagerness to exploit the rampaging seppos who like to believe what they hear

  20. #195
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    No, I provide a disclaimer when I post a link I disagree with. A rare situation.
    Cool.

    I'm going to be needing one to disclaim liability for any errors I make in over-estimating the intelligence of the TD audience.


  21. #196
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    31,075
    Watching what is going on in DC. This is gonna end in tears.

  22. #197
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    22,460
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    but, in the USA there have been many of these protests and they have delivered absolutely nothing except rhetoric
    Civil Rights Act of 1968 - Wikipedia

  23. #198
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,544
    ^ Good Point.

    Hopefully the US is again at a point where decisive action will be taken to minimize, if not eliminate, the problem.

    We can only hope...

  24. #199
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Posts
    7,217
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    dunno - the russkis are trolling the sh1t out of the facebook and twitter retards - firing up all sorts of crazy
    Another good point for "Russiagate" beside their meddling, Novichok, MH17, Crimea, all their threats and the cheap oil, why they do all that?

  25. #200
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Last November, Trump signed into law legislation backing protesters in Hong Kong. When will he pass a law to support the protesters in the USA?
    the examples of trump's hypocrisy are endless if you go down this road.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •