Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 735
  1. #326
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    ^ Its a BBC that Moore needs choking on
    ...folks should decide for themselves what to choke on...

  2. #327
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,684
    George Floyd had coronavirus before he died, autopsy reveals


    By Associated Press13:22



    A full autopsy of George Floyd has revealed he had tested positive for COVID-19 but appeared asymptomatic.

    The 20-page report released by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office today came with the family's permission.
    The summary findings classified his May 25 death as a homicide.

    The full report by Chief Medical Examiner Andrew Baker spelled out clinical details.







    George Floyd protests LIVE: Former Secretary of Defence says Trump 'tries to divide us; Floyd's son visits Minneapolis; Second Nine reporter ambushed in London; New charges for accused police

  3. #328
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,062
    Looting is the price of freedom!’ Washington has conveniently forgotten its cynical advice to post-invasion Iraq

    'China, for example, which has been grappling with its own protests in the territory of Hong Kong long before the world knew the name George Floyd. Beijing has just announced it would move ahead with legislation to fight “terrorism and foreign interference” in the city state. Ironically, days later Trump said he would rank Antifa, the leftist group many blame for much of the violence that has rocked America, as a terrorist organization. So probably not the best time to lecture Beijing, right?

    Donald J. Trump

    @realDonaldTrump

    14h

    If you watch Fake News @CNN

    or MSDNC, you would think that the killers, terrorists, arsonists, anarchists, thugs, hoodlums, looters, ANTIFA & others, would be the nicest, kindest most wonderful people in the Whole Wide World. No, they are what they are - very bad for our Country!

    Dan Bongino @dbongino

    Bill DeBlasio has surrendered New York City to ANTIFA & the rioters.

    Hua Chunying 华春莹

    @SpokespersonCHN

    "I can't breathe."



    F.B.I. to Investigate Arrest of Black Man Who Died During Arrest-ezraztjucaaops-jpg



    "US meddling in Hong Kong, however, has not been limited simply to tweets. Last year, reminiscent of events in Kiev, a US diplomat met Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong, the leader of the 2014 Umbrella Movement, as anti-government protests were heating up. It is almost frightening to imagine what the reaction from Washington would be if it had been discovered that Chinese officials were secretly meeting with members of Antifa, for example, at the height of protests in the US."




    "In April 2003 from then Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld as Baghdad was suffering lawlessness and looting following the illicit US invasion of Iraq.“While no one condones looting…one can understand the pent-up feelings that may result from decades of repression and people who have had members of their family killed by that regime,” Rumsfeld remarked, with off-the-chart arrogance. “And I don't think there’s anyone … (who wouldn’t) accept it as part of the price of getting from a repressed regime to freedom.”


    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/490539-loot...eedom-cynical/
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  4. #329
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,524
    Oh snap!


  5. #330
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    I think the solution is to recruit more blacks and Hispanics into their Police Force, especially in areas of high ethnic population.
    My old stomping grounds - suburb of Philadelphia PA. Population white 50% black 40% Hispanic & Asian 10%. Police force @ 80% White.

    Police Chief at town hall meeting when confronted by a black church group demanding more black cops. Police Chiefs statement - my hands are tied, I am required by law to hire the highest scores on the test. I hire numbers, not races, not names, Numbers.

    Now the town then pays for the police academy tuition for the recruit, or rookie, cops. They must pass the academy before receiving their shield.


    So, there is a bit more involved in the process than just hiring off the street. Now the township I lived in required a bachelors degree, and we paid about 25% more than Philadelphia - starting rookie pay. With overtime, the average cop with two/three years on the job with overtime was getting about six figures.

    Cop pay is public knowledge - haven't checked in a long, long time but I could call up the salaries paid to our township cops on the Township website. Name blanked out - listed by badge number or township position code. This went for all township employees from receptionist (lowest paid) to township manager (highest paid).

    So, recruiting police applicants from the minority ranks has to start with or in the minority community. You have to submit to background check, drug test, provide references, pass a physical, a physical fitness test plus get a physiological certification. I believe some also require a lie detector test. All this prior to being allowed to take the entrance examination.

    Now, this applies only to the Township I lived in. But, the point I make is it is not a simple matter of hiring more minorities. And, on those lines we do have Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies in varying degrees.

  6. #331
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,075
    ...^blah, blah, blah...man the bureaucratic barricades! The minorities are coming...more imaginative areas might charge fees at every turn, proof of ancestry documentation, permission letters from minority parents, blah, blah, etc...after which complacent white authorities throw up their hands and declare there's nothing they can do about it: rulez!...
    Last edited by tomcat; 04-06-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    Majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd

  7. #332
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Population white 50% black 40% Hispanic & Asian 10%. Police force @ 80% White.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    we do have Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies in varying degrees.
    Policies clearly in need of review.

  8. #333
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,062
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    man the bureaucratic barricade
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Policies clearly in need of review.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    recruiting police applicants from the minority ranks has to start with or in the minority community. You have to submit to background check, drug test, provide references, pass a physical, a physical fitness test plus get a physiological certification. I believe some also require a lie detector test. All this prior to being allowed to take the entrance examination.
    One would imagine some "minority groups, Ameristan/Chinese and Asians for example, would be the ideal policeman/woman/police x 174 other genders.

    Highly intelligent, combat skills, obedient, paper reference creation, regurgitating acceptable answers ....

  9. #334
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    22,357
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    One would imagine some "minority groups, Ameristan/Chinese and Asians for example, would be the ideal policeman
    One of the cops charged is Asian . . . please do pay attention

  10. #335
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Posts
    7,202
    It's really outrageous, that the current govt has not eliminated the huge social and racial inequities... (that has lasted over 200 years)

  11. #336
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Ameristan/Chinese and Asians for example
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Highly intelligent, combat skills, obedient, paper reference creation, regurgitating acceptable answers ....
    F.B.I. to Investigate Arrest of Black Man Who Died During Arrest-giphy-gif

  12. #337
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    It's really outrageous, that the current govt has not eliminated the huge social and racial inequities... (that has lasted over 200 years)



    Since you apparently haven't noticed, this is actually about murdering or not murdering citizens.

    Nobody is saying that this started with Trump, either. His reaction to it has just been utterly abysmal.

    Still at least your post made sense which is something of a triumph, really.

  13. #338
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,204
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    My old stomping grounds - suburb of Philadelphia PA. Population white 50% black 40% Hispanic & Asian 10%. Police force @ 80% White.

    Police Chief at town hall meeting when confronted by a black church group demanding more black cops. Police Chiefs statement - my hands are tied, I am required by law to hire the highest scores on the test. I hire numbers, not races, not names, Numbers.

    Now the town then pays for the police academy tuition for the recruit, or rookie, cops. They must pass the academy before receiving their shield.


    So, there is a bit more involved in the process than just hiring off the street. Now the township I lived in required a bachelors degree, and we paid about 25% more than Philadelphia - starting rookie pay. With overtime, the average cop with two/three years on the job with overtime was getting about six figures.

    Cop pay is public knowledge - haven't checked in a long, long time but I could call up the salaries paid to our township cops on the Township website. Name blanked out - listed by badge number or township position code. This went for all township employees from receptionist (lowest paid) to township manager (highest paid).

    So, recruiting police applicants from the minority ranks has to start with or in the minority community. You have to submit to background check, drug test, provide references, pass a physical, a physical fitness test plus get a physiological certification. I believe some also require a lie detector test. All this prior to being allowed to take the entrance examination.

    Now, this applies only to the Township I lived in. But, the point I make is it is not a simple matter of hiring more minorities. And, on those lines we do have Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies in varying degrees.
    More obstructive horseshit.

    Much of the issues relate to white cops mishandling things like random traffic stops, in which blacks are the disproportionate target (have you noticed this word disproportionate yet?) and the the officers involved escalate things unnecessarily. Don't tell me you need a bachelors degree to do a traffic stop.

    Create a new category for these (community officers or something) and hire some minorities to take care of these kind of things. I bet 9 times out of ten, the biggest problem will come from whining Karens and their male equivalent who are breaking traffic laws and normally get away with it.

  14. #339
    Thailand Expat HermantheGerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:06 AM
    Location
    Germany/Satthahip
    Posts
    5,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    It's really outrageous, that the current govt has not eliminated the huge social and racial inequities... (that has lasted over 200 years)
    The U.S. will ALWAYS have huge social inequities and therefore racial problems. The answer lies within the last sentence. What the U.S. needs is more socialism. But try to explain that to a U.S. citizens. There is a good chance that you will get shot no matter if you are black or white.
    Americans are too dumb to understand what socialism is, and the rich have no interest of explaining it to them. Or should I say share their wealth

  15. #340
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,062
    Quote Originally Posted by HermantheGerman View Post
    Americans are too dumb to understand what socialism is
    Umm...your lot have had their struggles with that too, no?

  16. #341
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Posts
    7,202
    It has always held that the one who has the power - or gun or money - is always right, unlike the one who does not have... (on a national and international level)

    Should it be changed now?

  17. #342
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,684
    Another police officer kneeling on the neck of a protester, in a very similar position to the one that killed George Floyd.

    Cop Kneels On Protester's Neck Until Another Cop Physically Removes It

  18. #343
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Posts
    7,202
    (Did they already forget their cousins in HK?)

    TENSION BOILS OVER Ugly clashes outside No10 as barriers hurled after day of peaceful protest by Black Lives Matter activists (video)

    UGLY clashes broke out outside No10 Downing Street last night after a day of peaceful protests over the death of George Floyd by Black Lives Matter campaigners.

    Around 15,000 people joined a Black Lives Matter rally in central London yesterday with police 'taking a knee' in front of calm crowds who were moved to take to the streets following the unarmed black man's death in Minneapolis, US.

    Ugly clashes outside No10 as barriers hurled after day of peaceful protest by Black Lives Matter activists – The Sun

  19. #344
    Southern Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,055
    ^ ^That's about a week old mate

  20. #345
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    22,457

  21. #346
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,524
    That's about the perfect encapsulation right there.

  22. #347
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    That's about the perfect encapsulation right there.
    On the left you have the protesters on the right you have Bowie and his ilk.

  23. #348
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,524
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub
    Bowie and his ilk
    AKA. The real victims.

  24. #349
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Posts
    7,202
    21 excruciating seconds | Reporter asks Trudeau about Trump’s response to riots


  25. #350
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    On the left you have the protesters on the right you have Bowie and his ilk.
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    The real victims.
    Ahh... not at all, at this point in time I'm just a spectator with no horse in the race, just a deep appreciation of the timing of my expatriation...

    I leave snubby with the most onerous task of picking up the pieces, cleaning up the mess and attempting to restore order. Good Luck my friend you will need it. I wish you well.

    May you find the future both challenging and prosperous.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •