Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    mingmong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    Behind Soi Chiang noi
    Posts
    1,080
    The word is 'pakeha'. [Pak-Ke-ha] It means long pig. (good eatin')

    This is wot happened to Captain Cook! the rest is History

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,110
    Maori king, what bullshit! never heard of him. every one knows Ant is the true Maori king !

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,110
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost Of The Moog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    What do Maoris like about all the Pacific islanders moving here?
    Do you inter marry with islanders?
    What are the answers (real ones) on those two points?
    As the Moog knows, or rather his ghost does,there is not much love lost between the Maori and Pacific islanders. they are both Polynesian that's all.
    I remember taking one of our work crew to a party at the princess gate hotel in Rotorua many years ago it had a Pacific islander amongst the crew. there were quite a number of Maoris at the party. I made the mistake of thinking the are all Polynesians, they are but they are from totally different tribes and the don't play well together.
    There canít be good living where there is not good drinking

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,842
    (Rotorua x smells of sulphur) = (Ant Robertson x smells of sulphur)

    Therefore divide both sides by smells of sulphur

    Ant Robertson is from Rotorua.

    QED

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    He is now the worlds most famous Maori , had he met the Pom then nobody would have heard about them meeting.
    This would be the most famous Maori

    I reckon it might be Jonah!


  6. #31
    Ocean Transient
    Sailing into trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Posts
    3,631
    No doubt Jonah was the first super star of Rugby Union and an All Black that instilled awe and fear in those who had to line up against him.

    Is he a Maori? He is of Tongan descent.

    My son in law's brother was a Canadian International Rugby Player. Played against Jonah quite often on the International sevens format Has some amusing stories!

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,842
    Hahaha....Jonah is about a Maori as you Willy

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost Of The Moog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    What do Maoris like about all the Pacific islanders moving here?
    Do you inter marry with islanders?
    What are the answers (real ones) on those two points?
    As the Moog knows, or rather his ghost does,there is not much love lost between the Maori and Pacific islanders. they are both Polynesian that's all.
    I remember taking one of our work crew to a party at the princess gate hotel in Rotorua many years ago it had a Pacific islander amongst the crew. there were quite a number of Maoris at the party. I made the mistake of thinking the are all Polynesians, they are but they are from totally different tribes and the don't play well together.
    I too had rather assumed that all Polynesians would get on ok together , but as soon as Wasabi said it, it occured to me that they probably don't. And although Auckland is the world's biggest home for Pacific Islanders, there are probably cliques, and Maori don't necessarily like Tongans and Samoans.

    And once Melanesian Fijians and Noumeans are in the mix too, I expect it complicates more.

  9. #34
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Why would anyone assume they do?
    Other than nicely roasted in a hungi.

    Do Thais like Cambos or Burmese or Lao?

  10. #35
    Member
    JayZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    12-07-2018 @ 08:37 AM
    Posts
    433
    Tongans and Samoans
    not much love lost between these cuzzies either. Cook Islanders seem to be the least warlike of the SW Polynesians, now that the Moriori have been consigned to history.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Hahaha....Jonah is about a Maori as you Willy
    Oh bugger, youse right. I shoulda checked me facts first.

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,110
    Quote Originally Posted by mingmong View Post
    The word is 'pakeha'. [Pak-Ke-ha] It means long pig. (good eatin')

    This is wot happened to Captain Cook! the rest is History
    I saw this and wonder why ming mong has a fascination with my arse, hes obliviously a bit bent cause he had poofs poodle in his avatar, probably MM hails from oxford st Darlinghurst, queer center for ozzies.
    Correction, MM has changed his avatar, taken his little poodle out.

  13. #38
    Ocean Transient
    Sailing into trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Hahaha....Jonah is about a Maori as you Willy
    Oh bugger, youse right. I shoulda checked me facts first.
    Nice to know my thoughts are widely read re post #31

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Hahaha....Jonah is about a Maori as you Willy
    Oh bugger, youse right. I shoulda checked me facts first.
    Nice to know my thoughts are widely read re post #31
    Sorry mate, ya both corrected me, twas just luck as to whose post I responded to first...

  15. #40
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    Is there a talented Maori that can direct an Oscar winning Movie about Maori slavery,like that "Lord of the Rings" fella.
    Lee Tamahori - directed Once Were Warriors then went to Hollywood and directed The Edge and The James Bond film, Die Another Day.

    Maybe william could just phone me....
    yeah, then he got caught in Hollywood dressed as a woman trying to find a 'trick'

    I don't go out with girls anymore
    I don't go out with Mary
    I go out with the boy next door
    "Poof" I'm a fairy...

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Posts
    9,691

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    No doubt Jonah was the first super star of Rugby Union and an All Black that instilled awe and fear in those who had to line up against him.

    Is he a Maori? He is of Tongan descent.

    My son in law's brother was a Canadian International Rugby Player. Played against Jonah quite often on the International sevens format Has some amusing stories!
    Jonah is definitely Tongan extract, though born in NZ

    Fijians (Micronesians) Tongans and Samoans (Polynesians) Hate each other



    In the past few years, that's been the trouble with the Auckland Blues rugby team, although they are trying to fix this.

    Cook Islanders are very similar to Maori.

    Auckland is the biggest pacific Island city in the world. Used to be funny when Marmite used to give us a hard time of who our rugby team was made up of, but has no idea about the demographics of the country....

    The so called Maori King, was a fcuking truck driver.He's about as bright as a ten pound pom

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok
    Fijians (Micronesians) Tongans and Samoans (Polynesians) Hate each other
    Yep, and Suva had plenty of them all. The Saturday night fights were fun.
    They all disliked the Fijian Indians too- but never deemed them worthy to brawl with.

    Anyway Willy, you really didn't miss much.



    Have a nice cuppa tea instead.

  18. #43
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    No doubt Jonah was the first super star of Rugby Union and an All Black that instilled awe and fear in those who had to line up against him.

    Is he a Maori? He is of Tongan descent.
    Jonah is definitely Tongan extract, though born in NZ

    Fijians (Micronesians) Tongans and Samoans (Polynesians) Hate each other


    Cook Islanders are very similar to Maori.

    Auckland is the biggest pacific Island city in the world. .... demographics of the country....

    The so called Maori King, was a fcuking truck driver.He's about as bright as a ten pound pom
    Fijians like the AB's Joe Rokocoko are Melanesians (Black Islanders), along with PNG, the Solomons and Vanuatu, while Lomu's Tonga is in Polynesia (Many Islands), as is Samoa and NZ and most of the Pacific Islands below the equator. Above that is Micronesia (Small Islands), including Kiribati, Nauru and Marshall Islands.

    Polynesians supposedly came from SW China, Taiwan mixing with Melanesians from Africa and S India.

    I reckon the Polynesians, (racist lot), both Maori and Tongan hate the fwk out of the Fijians more than any other Pacific peoples,....because Fijians are taller and smarter and,........darker, a different line of people more related to Aborigines and PNG tribals.

  19. #44
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Posts
    28,895
    I thought it was a fair enough explanation.

    Anyway having Willy flying around the world on taxpayers money is a complete and utter farce. WTF is a meeting between these two blokes going to achieve.

    Wouldn't it better for him to be back home with his wife and son contributing to the English economy by doing a proper 9 to 5 job?

  20. #45
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    I thought it was a fair enough explanation. Anyway having Willy flying around the world on taxpayers money is a complete and utter farce. WTF is a meeting between these two blokes going to achieve. Wouldn't it better for him to be back home with his wife and son contributing to the English economy by doing a proper 9 to 5 job?
    I believe the Queen places great faith in the commonwealth and its benign civilising effect on the former colonies.
    This trip is all about William engaging with the future responsibilities he will inherit. I suspect by the time he becomes King the world will be a very different place, and his place in it will be much less relevant. If he understands the history he will be better equipped for the future.
    The value of the commonwealth may well be an asset in an increasingly divided and discordant world. Anything that brings people closer and offers a common bond will be worth maintaining.

    Where else can he get decent lamb chops? (Apart from a Welsh farmers market of course).
    Heart of Gold and a Knob of butter.

  21. #46
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Posts
    28,895
    ^ Fair point Chas but as soon as the Queen passes away the last fragile threads of the Commonwealth will disintegrate.

    The only reason Australia have not formerly split is because of the queen and the love and respect a lot of Aussies still have for her.

    Your hope that a solid Empire re-unification could happen is a nice one but I am afraid is impossible.

    Let's face it England, and moreover the United Kingdom as a whole have their own problems to sort out without having to take on any other woes.

    I still remain a fan of the Queen but not of royalty and monarchy.

    An outdated ancient practice that is dead and should be buried.

  22. #47
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    IMHO the commonwealth is the only part of the monarchy worth hanging on to. I don't expect it to become a re-unified empire, just that all those historical connections backed by the stabilising influence of the monarchy could help the commonwealth countries towards a better ubderstanding.
    You are correct about the Queen and I fear for the nation when Charles takes over, but the fact remains the commonwealth has the potential to keep people together for mutual benefit. Even when countries like Australia decide to go republic, the strength of the commonwealth bond will remain.

    If the historical connections were of no importance how come we have such great sporting connections throughout the old empire. Cricket and Rugby rivalries might never have developed. How bad would the world be then. It connects so many different cultures, from the West Indies and South Africa to India and Australasia.

    It really is the only part of the monarchy worth saving.

  23. #48
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Posts
    28,895
    Countries are setting up bilateral agreements ranging from economic to military co-operations.

    Once again I feel very strongly about the fact that the spirit of the Commonwealth has been long dead and buried and people are still clutching at straws.

    Australia will always have close ties with Britain no doubt but not as strong as their relationship with the United States and I fear that bond will only get stronger.

  24. #49
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post

    I reckon the Polynesians, (racist lot), both Maori and Tongan hate the fwk out of the Fijians more than any other Pacific peoples,....because Fijians are taller and smarter and,........darker, a different line of people more related to Aborigines and PNG tribals.
    According to a fijian mate of mine, most of the Polynesians hate the Fijians because of history. Fijians were the assassins of the pacific

    Samoans and Tongans hate the fcuk out of each other as well.

    The Maori King is still a dumb ass fcuking truck driver... _

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok
    Used to be funny when Marmite used to give us a hard time of who our rugby team was made up of
    And then you go back and read my posts and I was the first one to call BS on the ABs nicking Islanders. Nice try, but no cigar...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •