Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 126 to 142 of 142
  1. #126
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,620
    The neighborhood multinationals were still there

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_172137-jpg

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_173612-jpg

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_171412-jpg

    But local noodle shops can't be beat price wise
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_171539-jpg

  2. #127
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,620
    More food pics

    Bun Bo Xao = noodles with stir fried beef
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_125625-jpg

    That was 40k dong @ Ben Thanh market
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_131504-jpg

    Hotel breakfast. Yes, it's a lot but I need the energy, being a tourist is tiring.
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_082619-jpg

  3. #128
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    Paid my respects at the local temple
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_165131-jpg

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_165322-jpg

    Snail vendor
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_171424-jpg

    He's got the crabs
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_171441-jpg

    .....

  4. #129
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    The neighborhood multinationals were still there

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_172137-jpg

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_173612-jpg

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_171412-jpg

    But local noodle shops can't be beat price wise
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_171539-jpg
    Ooops out of order - sorry Katie

  5. #130
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    More food pics

    Bun Bo Xao = noodles with stir fried beef
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_125625-jpg

    That was 40k dong @ Ben Thanh market
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_131504-jpg

    Hotel breakfast. Yes, it's a lot but I need the energy, being a tourist is tiring.
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_082619-jpg
    .....

  6. #131
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,620
    Trung Nguyen coffee - was finishing my dong Also had a/c and free WiFi

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_133531-jpg

    Hope you enjoyed the show. Cam on! (Viet for Thank You)
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_175645-jpg

    Thanks to all who will reposted/ have reposted. Cheers!

  7. #132
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    God i'm craving some noodle soup...pot noodle just ain't going to cut it

  8. #133
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    Trung Nguyen coffee - was finishing my dong Also had a/c and free WiFi

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_133531-jpg

    Hope you enjoyed the show. Cam on! (Viet for Thank You)
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190608_175645-jpg

    Thanks to all who will reposted/ have reposted. Cheers!
    .....

  9. #134
    Member Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    32,645


    That's the MacD on Rama 2...

    Some lovely food pictures; I'd better make sure the wife doesn't see this thread.

  10. #135
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    I'd better make sure the wife doesn't see this thread.
    K'23 has certainly shown that Vietnam should be visited and enjoyed

  11. #136
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    I'd better make sure the wife doesn't see this thread.
    K'23 has certainly shown that Vietnam should be visited and enjoyed.

    A photo I purchased from a Hanoi shop:

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-hanoi-2018-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Viewing Vietnam 2019-hanoi-2018-jpg  

  12. #137
    Never Mind The Bollix
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Posts
    12,596
    ^Beautiful photo. Especially if it was genuine street photography. It does not look staged.

  13. #138
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,198
    ^
    We must like similar eye candy

  14. #139
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,620
    ^that was probably an old photo (maybe until 2000s?) Nowadays, women wear the traditional costume only for work/ office or special occasions. Now when they go out, they dress like this:

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190602_172526-jpg
    ^that was in Hue, by the Perfume River

    Or dress like this, when in Hoi An
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190605_110327-jpg
    ^she was a pretty Viet lady but I wasn't able to photograph her face, sorry...

  15. #140
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    ^that was probably an old photo (maybe until 2000s?) Nowadays, women wear the traditional costume only for work/ office or special occasions. Now when they go out, they dress like this:

    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190602_172526-jpg
    ^that was in Hue, by the Perfume River

    Or dress like this, when in Hoi An
    Viewing Vietnam 2019-img_20190605_110327-jpg
    ^she was a pretty Viet lady but I wasn't able to photograph her face, sorry...
    .....Nice to see no Tatts - kin hate them

  16. #141
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,620
    Re: costs, one could travel in Vietnam on a small or large budget - it's up to you. Sometimes our meals were 140k dong (~7USD) for 2 ppl, sometimes we splurged a bit and it reached 500-600k dong (~25 to 30 USD). Our hotels ranged from 18-40 USD, mostly 3 star hotels (one was an apartment/ Condo style).

    This trip was done in 10 days and we visited 5 cities: Hanoi, Hue, Danang, Hoi An and Saigon. (Well, 11 days if counting the flight back, which was a late night flight and arrived in the morning. ) It was a bit rushed and we were travelling or changing hotels every 2 or 3 days. I'd have liked to do it for a longer time, but my friend and I had to budget our leave credits, time and $$!

    This trip was similar to my trip around Taiwan (5 cities in 11 days) and the KL-Vientiane-Thailand-Myanmar trip that I did some years before. In those trips, I set a fast pace too, and was moving every 2 or 3 days.

    In future, maybe I'll set a more leisurely pace and just visit 1 or 2 cities in a week. I think I'm getting too old for hectic travelling (heh!) - unless one joins a tour group. But then I prefer DIY travelling than being in large tour groups. I also enjoy reading and researching about places, before making my itinerary.

    There are still loads of photos (like bonus tracks or the DVD issue) but I don't want to make this thread too long. If I have time, I'll add more pics. Cheers!

    Edit: to the one who asked if I visited Halong Bay, no I didn't, since it was a 3-4 hour bus ride from Hanoi and my friend and I didn't feel like doing it. Maybe next time. I'd like to visit Saigon again soon, because I saw my aunt and she looked very frail and wasn't very mobile. The end might be near for her...
    Last edited by katie23; 09-06-2019 at 07:27 PM.

  17. #142
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,550
    Well done Katie, more is appreciated and yes you do seem to give yourself a busy time of it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •