Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    robuzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Paese dei Balocchi
    Posts
    7,848

    One for da Brits

    Do you qualify for UK citizenship? Life in the United Kingdom - The Official Practice Citizenship Test

    I don't- so much for my dream of a backdoor to an EU passport. . .

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    I failed. 63%. Got Hansard correct. Didn't bother to look any up. Isn't it racist to ask the % of the pop that is muslim?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    i is already is Oirsh, we'd rather not be part of the UK, if you dont mind

  4. #4
    Developing Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 12:20 PM
    Location
    Rama V
    Posts
    1,337
    Talking about racist, I found French Canadians to be the most racist people I have ever met apart from some 'whiteys' in Zimbawe. The most racist are in the Canadian Armed Forces

  5. #5
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ What did they say?

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    i is already is Oirsh, we'd rather not be part of the UK, if you dont mind
    Except to copy our language, political system, school system and take our donations from being part of the EU.

    And part of Ireland is very happy to be part of the UK.

  7. #7
    pompeybloke
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    i is already is Oirsh, we'd rather not be part of the UK, if you dont mind
    No, we don't mind.

  8. #8
    Developing Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 12:20 PM
    Location
    Rama V
    Posts
    1,337
    For Jet:
    I was running a 'survival/adventure training school' for British and Canadian Armed Forces at Cold Lake Alberta, exact words escape me but the atmosphere when they were around dramatically lowered, many complained to me when put into groups with non-french Canadians, in fact they always came across that they had a chip on their shoulder. That was in 1983 to 1984 but I don't think things will have changed much, I hope I am wrong. Shame really because most were good soldiers

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    21-09-2015 @ 09:52 AM
    Location
    Chonburi
    Posts
    68
    I failed (!) but then again, I think it is imperative that any prospective citizen of my country really does need to know precisely when in the 19th Century women gained the right to divorce their husbands - so, I suppose I can never return. So sad.

  10. #10
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    I failed too. (56%) Where do I send my passport back to?

  11. #11
    Developing Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 12:20 PM
    Location
    Rama V
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    I failed too. (56%) Where do I send my passport back to?
    Mine will be joining it

  12. #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    555 I love you guys. I'm sure I'd fail the Canada test, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by mediamanbkk View Post
    For Jet:
    I was running a 'survival/adventure training school' for British and Canadian Armed Forces at Cold Lake Alberta, exact words escape me but the atmosphere when they were around dramatically lowered, many complained to me when put into groups with non-french Canadians, in fact they always came across that they had a chip on their shoulder. That was in 1983 to 1984 but I don't think things will have changed much, I hope I am wrong. Shame really because most were good soldiers
    Cold Lake. Poor boy! Yes, de Galle really feked up our Frenchies. They hate the Canadien Anglais. I pretend I'm American when I go to Quebec.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hovis View Post
    I failed (!) but then again, I think it is imperative that any prospective citizen of my country really does need to know precisely when in the 19th Century women gained the right to divorce their husbands - so, I suppose I can never return. So sad.
    I put 1879. Dunno. I think they should ask the women what that is in their home country. Let those chicks immigrate and keep their hubbies out.

  13. #13
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,945
    Ouch.


    You have failed the practice citizenship test.
    Questions answered correctly: 16 out of 24 (67%)
    Time taken: 03 minutes 29 seconds

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    And part of Ireland is very happy to be part of the UK.
    and the perecentage of the population that live in the lost province that are actually Irish would be what?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Attilla the Hen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Posts
    1,384
    58%......guess I'll have to hand in my passport, too.

  16. #16
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,093
    Fail:63%

    Oh dear..

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    You have failed the practice citizenship test.
    Questions answered correctly: 13 out of 24 (54%)


  18. #18
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ I thought you were Ozzie. I got 63%, which goes to show that Canucks are smarter than Ozzers. Not that that says much. I tried the Oz test once -- name, address, sex, age. I failed; they said I was too old.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    20-10-2012 @ 04:24 PM
    Posts
    7,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    ^ I thought you were Ozzie. I got 63%, which goes to show that Canucks are smarter than Ozzers. Not that that says much. I tried the Oz test once -- name, address, sex, age. I failed; they said I was too old.
    Wasn't that at all Jet. Its just you they didn't like.

  20. #20
    Guest Member S Landreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    left of center
    Posts
    7,766
    You have failed the practice citizenship test.

    Questions answered correctly: 14 out of 24 (58%)

    And those 14 were lucky guesses

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,939
    I failed, miserably:

    You have failed the practice citizenship test.
    Questions answered correctly: 11 out of 24 (46%)
    Time taken: 03 minutes 54 seconds
    So looks like the UK won't be accepting me anytime soon. Phew, dodged a bullet there!

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    robuzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Paese dei Balocchi
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    I failed, miserably:

    You have failed the practice citizenship test.
    Questions answered correctly: 11 out of 24 (46%)
    Time taken: 03 minutes 54 seconds
    So looks like the UK won't be accepting me anytime soon. Phew, dodged a bullet there!
    I can't help getting the sense you weren't really trying.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,939
    ^

    I was too nervous!

  24. #24
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    I thought you was Brit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    ^ I thought you were Ozzie. I got 63%, which goes to show that Canucks are smarter than Ozzers. Not that that says much. I tried the Oz test once -- name, address, sex, age. I failed; they said I was too old.
    Wasn't that at all Jet. Its just you they didn't like.
    They asked me to come back many years ago after I lived there for a year. Gave me a stamp in my passport that said I was good for a year. In fact, the boys were on their knees crying when I boarded the big tin budgie to come back to Canada.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    I thought you was Brit?
    Of all the mean, nasty, hurtful things you could say...



    I think I managed to fail a similar test for Australia a while ago too. I'm on a roll!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •