Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780

    Is There A Real Doctor In The House?

    Just a slightly worried question for any knowledgeable Quack or Sawbones out there.

    I got pricked, quite deeply by a rather thorny tree the other day, sadly, the wound appears to have gone somewhat septic.

    I have been to the local "ANIMY" and they reckon it is "Golden Staph" a pretty nasty little bastard of an infection.

    Now, the questions -

    I contracted the wonderful "Golden Staph" for real in China, and almost died from it, (according to the doctors - I got a cut on my leg that became somewhat inflamed and, apparently, I was told if it got to the glands near your balls, then you are in deep shit!)

    Anyways, I was lucky by all accounts, it didn't get my balls, and was cured by daily injections in the arse of the most painful antibiotics I have ever had - over a 10 day period, alternate, left cheek right cheek, and belive me, walking out of the doctors was not an easy matter.

    Now, question?

    If I have already had numerous punctures and antibiotics for Staph, can it really come back? - or am I immune?

    Why would you get this bacteria from a tree?

    Should I trust the Thai doctors or are they purely after a freebie?

    The pain is not the same, however the swelling is starting to become a pain, but in my arm seems no where near as bad as my leg previously...what about some broad spectrum antibiotics, would these work...just for the hell of it.. it was a lime tree!

    Any advice would be appreciated as I really despise hospitals and fear injections!

  2. #2
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    I have no idea about 'golden staph', but can you get an infection after being previously treated for the same infection? Yes.

    Why would you get this bacteria from a tree? Because the bacteria is on it. Maybe it grows on that tree. Maybe someone with the infection cut themselves on the same thorn. Maybe it's carried by animals or birds.



    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    I really despise hospitals and fear injections!
    You'll despise and fear them a lot more if the infection takes a real hold.

  3. #3
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins View Post
    Just a slightly worried question for any knowledgeable Quack or Sawbones out there.

    I got pricked, quite deeply by a rather thorny tree the other day, sadly, the wound appears to have gone somewhat septic.

    I have been to the local "ANIMY" and they reckon it is "Golden Staph" a pretty nasty little bastard of an infection.

    Now, the questions -

    I contracted the wonderful "Golden Staph" for real in China, and almost died from it, (according to the doctors - I got a cut on my leg that became somewhat inflamed and, apparently, I was told if it got to the glands near your balls, then you are in deep shit!)

    Anyways, I was lucky by all accounts, it didn't get my balls, and was cured by daily injections in the arse of the most painful antibiotics I have ever had - over a 10 day period, alternate, left cheek right cheek, and belive me, walking out of the doctors was not an easy matter.

    Now, question?

    If I have already had numerous punctures and antibiotics for Staph, can it really come back? - or am I immune?

    Why would you get this bacteria from a tree?

    Should I trust the Thai doctors or are they purely after a freebie?

    The pain is not the same, however the swelling is starting to become a pain, but in my arm seems no where near as bad as my leg previously...what about some broad spectrum antibiotics, would these work...just for the hell of it.. it was a lime tree!

    Any advice would be appreciated as I really despise hospitals and fear injections!
    Go to a doctor.

    Period.

  4. #4
    Knows fok all
    daveboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,223
    I would place a cable tie around your nutsack as a precautionary measure.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    21-04-2011 @ 09:37 PM
    Location
    Patts
    Posts
    90
    Take a panodol, go to bed and stop being such a gurlie

  6. #6
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    Any advice would be appreciated as I really despise hospitals and fear injections!
    Don't go into nursing.

  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Thanks,
    but my nutsack is not the problem at the minute, I appear to have doubled the size of my arm in the last hour, and probably would need help to lift it onto the steering wheel to even try to drive the car..the wifes mother ( old bastard probably wants me dead ) has suggested Anti Hystemine????

    I shall have another beer, rather than be a girlie, and see if I can sleep it off!

    I thought that when you were sort of "vaccinated" with the dreaded Cyllin, that that would be the end of it, like forever?

    And NR, the tree is clean, no one with any dieases has been near it, so it is purely an infection from the spines of the tree itself!

    I just have very little faith in these local Witchdoctors - hopw can you get Staphococus from a prickly tree?

  8. #8
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    .....or doctoring

  9. #9
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    Any advice would be appreciated as I really despise hospitals and fear injections!
    Don't go into nursing.
    Judging by your avatar, annoying as they always are and offensive to humans, can I have some of the shit that you look like you are taking?
    You look pretty mellowed out! (you can send it EMS!) I 'll pay the postage!

  10. #10
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    And NR, the tree is clean, no one with any dieases has been near it, so it is purely an infection from the spines of the tree itself!
    How the frig do you know that? Is it kept in a sterile plastic bubble and autoclaved once a day? I guarantee the tree is not clean. Up to you what you do, but next step could be septicaemia - and the possible steps after that ain't too nice.

  11. #11
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 06:30 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,628
    Squeeze the wound, hard. Loads of shit will come out, betadine it up to the max, if it's still big in the morning, which it prob will be, go to the hospital where they will misdiagnose you with swine flu and put you down on the spot.

  12. #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    And NR, the tree is clean, no one with any dieases has been near it, so it is purely an infection from the spines of the tree itself!
    How the frig do you know that? Is it kept in a sterile plastic bubble and autoclaved once a day? I guarantee the tree is not clean. Up to you what you do, but next step could be septicaemia - and the possible steps after that ain't too nice.
    Funny, thats what the quack said..septicemia, you reckon you can get this from a tree?

    No the tree is not kept in a clinical environment bit no one can touch it, it has so many spikes no one wants to touch it, only stupid me, trying to prune it.

    I was told that if you wash the "affected areas" with Lao Kao...I know..I know,,,that you can sterilise them, maybe I can go and ask the saffron robed brigade tomorrow for some advice! Maybe their prayers will assist me in cleaning my infection!! guffaw guffaw

  13. #13
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    and fear injections!
    It's funny, I thought you'd be used to having a little prick in your bottom by now

  14. #14
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    Why would you get this bacteria from a tree?
    Very bloody doubtful, unless the tree sneezed on you. You appear to be a walking disaster zone with all the escapades that you have been through.

    Google is you friend
    Staphylococcus aureus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    oh yes, guffaw

    The first thing any doctor would need to know about a patient is whether or not they are making their symptoms up

    Many people do this, for sympathy or for more obscure reasons

    From what you said about your experience in China, you kept going back to the doctors for injections in your arse. That in itself a strange thing to do, it tends to lead your brain to be more right wing than normal (the infection tends towards that side, skewing the normal thought processes)

    However, if you really have an infection again, and you are sure the doctor is not Jewish, it can be very dangerous. It has been known that Staph infections can increase the melanin content of your skin to a high degree, almost turning it black; in addition, your lips may swell and nose flatten. It has been known for someone to be infected like that and be able to walk through Harlem without anyone shouting at him.
    I have reported your post

  16. #16
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    Why would you get this bacteria from a tree?
    Very bloody doubtful, unless the tree sneezed on you. You appear to be a walking disaster zone with all the escapades that you have been through.

    Google is you friend
    Staphylococcus aureus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Cheers for the link, BUGGER!
    sadly you haven't really cheered me up at all..guess it's a visit to the demons tomorow!

    Thanks but no thanks if you know what I mean!

  17. #17
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator
    Very bloody doubtful, unless the tree sneezed on you.
    Really? According to your Google link, Props:

    S. aureus infections can be spread through contact with pus from an infected wound, skin-to-skin contact with an infected person by producing hyaluronidase that destroy tissues, and contact with objects such as towels, sheets, clothing, or athletic equipment used by an infected person. Deeply penetrating S. aureus infections can be severe. Prosthetic joints put a person at particular risk for septic arthritis, and staphylococcal endocarditis (infection of the heart valves) and pneumonia, which may be rapidly spread.


    That seems to show that inanimate objects can carry transferred bacteria from humans.

  18. #18
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    oh yes, guffaw

    The first thing any doctor would need to know about a patient is whether or not they are making their symptoms up

    Many people do this, for sympathy or for more obscure reasons

    From what you said about your experience in China, you kept going back to the doctors for injections in your arse. That in itself a strange thing to do, it tends to lead your brain to be more right wing than normal (the infection tends towards that side, skewing the normal thought processes)

    However, if you really have an infection again, and you are sure the doctor is not Jewish, it can be very dangerous. It has been known that Staph infections can increase the melanin content of your skin to a high degree, almost turning it black; in addition, your lips may swell and nose flatten. It has been known for someone to be infected like that and be able to walk through Harlem without anyone shouting at him.
    Are you a complete fuckwit?
    You think for one minute I ENJOYED getting a huge needle in my ass?
    Jesus some people!
    I got an infection in my leg, they said it was Staph, I sadly ignored it for a week or so, thinking it would simply go away! (Wrongly) It spread, and nearly killed me.
    I went back to the doctors every day at thei advice, you try it if you get it, it's not very nice believe me!

    You will accept the biggest needles on offer up your ass or anywhere else to get rid of it!

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    bacteria can jump about a bit, and they like to live in many trees

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    You think for one minute I ENJOYED getting a huge needle in my ass?
    no, but we enjoyed hearing about it

  21. #21
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator
    Very bloody doubtful, unless the tree sneezed on you.
    Really? According to your Google link, Props:

    S. aureus infections can be spread through contact with pus from an infected wound, skin-to-skin contact with an infected person by producing hyaluronidase that destroy tissues, and contact with objects such as towels, sheets, clothing, or athletic equipment used by an infected person. Deeply penetrating S. aureus infections can be severe. Prosthetic joints put a person at particular risk for septic arthritis, and staphylococcal endocarditis (infection of the heart valves) and pneumonia, which may be rapidly spread.

    Boy you are a happy go lucky oine eh! Cheers!

    That seems to show that inanimate objects can carry transferred bacteria from humans.
    Thats interesting, I probably need a good 24 hours to sort of digest that (you lost me again- you are not a physics or bioligy teacher by any chance?) ...it sort of makes sense, if you are tryig to tell me trees can kill then I accept your word! Time to get the brushcutter out! (incidedntally, I am covered with "tree" Bush" "Grass" scars, but nothing has ever done anything like this.

  22. #22
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Hypochondriac

  23. #23
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    and fear injections!
    It's funny, I thought you'd be used to having a little prick in your bottom by now
    Not as much as you appear to enjoy a fucking prick in your face!

  24. #24
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Hypochondriac
    I know, I know, you will miss me when I die!
    honestly though, I have no faith in these fucking witch doctors, bau bau and all is cured....I fear them with all my heart!

  25. #25
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins
    Not as much as you appear to enjoy a fucking prick in your face!
    Oh, good come back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •