Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Attilla the Hen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Posts
    1,384

    Unbelievable! Only in Thailand.

    Suspected murderer is out on bail.

    Mother of suspect pays bribe to big cop to have case dropped.

    Big cop doesn't do anything.

    Mother wants to charge big cop with taking a bribe.

    Big cop wants to charge mother with bribing a goverment official.

    Read all about it from an article in the Phuket Gazette below.

    PHUKET CITY: The mother of a suspect in the high-profile killing of Matichon journalist Athiwut Chainurat has accused a senior policeman of taking a bribe to secure her sonís release.

    Prasert Kaowseesot, 53-year-old mother of murder suspect Lamduan Kaowseesot, 31, took the case to the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Justice Center after the police officer allegedly failed to follow through with his promise that Mr Lamduanís case would be dropped.

    Mrs Prasert claims she gave 330,000 baht to a police lieutenant colonel in Nakhon Sri Thammarat.

    It was agreed that the officer would ensure her sonís case was dropped by prosecutors, she alleged.

    The mother said that she had consulted a friend over what she could do to help her son, who is currently out on bail of a chanote land title deed worth 700,000 baht.

    Her friend put her in touch with a member of a tambon administration organization (TAO) in Krabi.

    The TAO member told her that he had a relative in the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Police who could help her, Mrs Prasert said.

    ďAround four months later, [the TAO member] set up a meeting with the police lieutenant colonel and said that it would cost 330,000 baht. The colonel said that the faster I came up with the money, the faster the case would be dropped. He asked if I would rather have the case dropped by police or by the prosecutor. I chose the prosecutor, as I thought that would be more secure,Ē Mrs Prasert said.

    She added that she borrowed the money at a rate of 5% interest per month. She gave 130,000 baht to the TAO member and 200,000 baht to the police officer, she claimed.

    Thongsak Kaowseesot, Mrs Prasertís brother and an assistant village chief in Tambon Lam Nao, said that the police officer later told them that they could go and ask for Mr Lamduanís bail bond to be returned.

    When they went to the court, however, they found that examination of prosecution witnesses had already begun.

    Mrs Prasert said that she went to confront the police officer, who is a deputy superintendent at a police station in the province. When she asked for her money back, the colonel threatened to arrest her for bribing a government officer.

    Mrs Prasert said she didnít know what would happen to her now that she had gone public with the allegation.

    She paid the bribe because she is certain her son is innocent and called for help from Provincial Police Commander Sarawut Phiranon, she added.

    Jarumai Nopharat, Head of the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Justice Center, said that he had received the complaint and that the centerís investigation would take no longer than 30 days.

    The results will be sent to the commanding officer of the police officer in question, he said.

    The complainant has evidence to back up her allegation, Mr Jarumai said.

    If he is deemed guilty, disciplinary, criminal and civil actions can be sought against the accused.

    The provincial governor will be informed of the findings as well, he added.

  2. #2
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Unbelievable, only if you're very naive. Only in Thailand, no. Sadly that's how it works in much of the world.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    unreal.

    what to say.?

  4. #4
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Unbelievable, only if you're very naive. Only in Thailand, no. Sadly that's how it works in much of the world.


    Yes, people have gotten out of a 20 year sentence after 2 years for a murder conviction in other parts.

    Money, big payoof + influence, connections = "justice" applied differently to people, or not applies at all.

  5. #5
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    what to say.?
    What to say? Sadly only one thing. TIT

  6. #6
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:59 AM
    Posts
    28,682
    If this case was exposed in China both parties probably would be lined against a wall and shot (particularly the police officer).

    Thailand is generally a wonderful country with fantastic people but it is the lying, cheating and general lack of discipline by those in power that will bring it down in the end. We are witnessing this on the streets at the moment and that is a stance against the wicked, dishonest and corrupt Thais,

    The end maybe nearer than what we think and especially when the one remaining stable member of this society leaves the LOS.

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Only in Thailand? Are you sure...??

  8. #8
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post

    The end maybe nearer than what we think and especially when the one remaining stable member of this society leaves the LOS.
    Who would that be? I can't think of many well known players in Thailand who are either stable or honest. Although I can think of a few where the propaganda machine might give that impression to the gullible. You do realise that the last 60 years have been one of the most unstable periods of Thai history, don't you? 15 constitutions since 1946, approximately 10 coups or coup attempts (depending on your definition) and 30 years or so of direct military rule. What kind of stability is that? Whatever words you can use to describe the leadership of Thailand over the last 60 years stable isn't one of them.
    Last edited by DrB0b; 27-04-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    The word democracy is used with gay abandon in Thailand and other countries

    The leaders believe that democracy is only to do with people having the vote

    One of the bedrocks of a good democracy is the justice system, which should be fair and incorruptible. All should be equal in the eyes of the law

    That is unfortunately not the case in Thailand, which leads women like this one to offer a bribe in the belief that her son will then cheat justice
    I have reported your post

  10. #10
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:59 AM
    Posts
    28,682
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    You do realise that the last 60 years have been one of the most unstable periods of Thai history, don't you? Why do you think that is?
    Well you obviously know and why don't you explain it too me fact by fact, example by example!

    Then we can translate it into Thai and the rest of the 65 million Thais will know as well because BOb Knows.

    As far as I am concerned it may have been due to the fact that this country was invaded by many Chinese business minded people and those that fled the Mao Zedong's "Great Leap Forward" era around or just before that 60 odd year period you are talking about commenced.

  11. #11
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    You do realise that the last 60 years have been one of the most unstable periods of Thai history, don't you? Why do you think that is?
    Well you obviously know and why don't you explain it too me fact by fact, example by example!
    I just did. 10 Coups, 15 constitutions, 30 years of military rule is not stability, not by any definition. The fact that there is a common denominator in all those things is not stability either. Why don't you actually learn something about Thai history instead of regurgitating what's on the K-Bank calendar? It's not difficult, Thai history is a well-studied subject and there are thousands of sources of information on it, particularly on the last 60 years. This forum is bursting at the seams with references I've made, sources I've quoted, translations I've made, analyses I've done and yet you, when called out on yet another of your gormless "gawd bless yer honour" and "johnny chinaman did it" posts are unable to justify your embarrasing, demeaning, lickspittle attitude with anything that wouldn't shame an anubarn pupil or a frenchman living under the sun king. Your idea that it's got something to do with chinese control is so simple-minded as to be laughable while your readiness to kiss bejewelled slippers is shameful.

    The very fact that you can say things like that with a straight face shows just how abysmally ignorant you are of not only Thai history but all history, sociology, anthropology, and politics. The ignorance of many (although not really all that many) Thai people is understandable. They, after all, have been lied to and denied information all their lives. Your ignorance, as somebody who has a world of information and knowledge available to him, is inexcusable. You're not dumb, but you are simplistic and single-minded, going by your previous posts it's pretty obvious that in the unlikely event the Thai military set up processing chambers to dispose of their "enemies" your first thought would be to to design a more efficient method of "waste disposal" for them while your second thought would be that it was about time they finally dealt with the evil chinese undermining everything good and pure about Thailand. (That, by the way, is irony).
    Last edited by DrB0b; 28-04-2009 at 12:44 AM.

  12. #12
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:59 AM
    Posts
    28,682
    Again you have your ideas and thoughts and I have mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    Your idea that it's got something to do with chinese control is so simple-minded as to be laughable
    I always think the simple ideas are always the best BOb and if you really know how things work here, and why other neighbouring countries have set up rules and regulations and to avert exactly what we have seen happen in Thailand over the last 60 years you may then appreciate my points.

    Thanks for your views and explanation anyway!

  13. #13
    Special member
    jizzybloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilla the Hen
    Unbelievable! Only in Thailand.
    I disagree with that, it's just hidden away better in most "civilised" countries!

  14. #14
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post

    I always think the simple ideas are always the best BOb and if you really know how things work here, and why other neighbouring countries have set up rules and regulations and to avert exactly what we have seen happen in Thailand over the last 60 years you may then appreciate my points.
    Neighbouring countries? Surely you don't mean Laos, Cambodia, and Burma? What do you mean? What rules are you talking about and are you seriously saying Thailand should learn from them? I really don't see how eradicating hill tribes, killing all the teachers, or building secret cities in the jungle benefits any country.

  15. #15
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:59 AM
    Posts
    28,682
    You know who I am talking about BOb.

    Malaysia and for instance!

    They new the threat and took steps to protect the Bumhi Putra and are still changing laws today maintaining those same society advantages and privledges.

    Shame Thailand didn't see the writing on the wall a long time ago.

  16. #16
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,805
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    I can't think of many well known players in Thailand who are either stable or honest.
    the leader of the opposition - champion of the red shirts

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Attilla the Hen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Unbelievable, only if you're very naive. Only in Thailand, no. Sadly that's how it works in much of the world.
    Stop being such a smug, insufferable git. After living in the 3rd world for over 30 years, I am well aware that corruption is a way of life.

    My disbelief refers to the sheer gall of the two main characters publisizing the fact of the bribe and each blaming the other. Wasn't that obvious?

  18. #18
    RIP
    Happyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Location
    Rawai Phuket
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilla the Hen
    My disbelief refers to the sheer gall of the two main characters publisizing the fact of the bribe and each blaming the other.
    Exactly - not just the fact that the woman publicly complained about her failed bribe attempt, but, that the colonel did not deny that he had accepted the bribe but threatened to arrest her for bribing a government officer.(him !!!)

    Inf*uckincredible !!!

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Whiteshiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    29-05-2019 @ 04:45 AM
    Location
    Nontaburi
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    This forum is bursting at the seams with references I've made, sources I've quoted, translations I've made, analyses I've done ....
    Very true - Doctor Bobby knows it all, and that's all there is to it. He's even got a PhD, or so he says.

    I suggest everyone else stop posting their opinions, and just leave the forum to Bobby, the self-appointed sage of all things Thai.

    Just one favour, Bobby - I would like an analysis of whether a person could actually brown-nose himself consistently over time without getting his head stuck inside the lower back orifice. I know your experience on this subject is unrivalled on this forum, so your opinion would be highly amusing - sorry, highly appreciated, I mean....
    Any error in tact, fact or spelling is purely due to transmissional errors...

  20. #20
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,471
    You can't say, however, that he doesn't make some excellent points, particularly in reference to what defines 'stability'.

    As for LT and his Chinaman fixation . . . well, it's a bit old and tired. One of my favourite posters but lets himself down by his fixation on all ills stemming from the Chinese.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Whiteshiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    29-05-2019 @ 04:45 AM
    Location
    Nontaburi
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    You can't say, however, that he doesn't make some excellent points, particularly in reference to what defines 'stability'.
    Sure, but his "holier than you" attitude towards any poster who dares to disagree with him is getting a bit boring. There is a big difference between discussing a subject and preaching about it.....

  22. #22
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman
    Money, big payoof + influence, connections = "justice" applied differently to people, or not applies at all.
    Life is like a shit sandwich, The more bread ya got, the less shit ya get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    especially when the one remaining stable member of this society leaves the LOS.
    But LT, I am not planning on going anywhere in the near future?

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    27-04-2012 @ 09:27 AM
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post

    The end maybe nearer than what we think and especially when the one remaining stable member of this society leaves the LOS.
    You do realise that the last 60 years have been one of the most unstable periods of Thai history, don't you? 15 constitutions since 1946, approximately 10 coups or coup attempts (depending on your definition) and 30 years or so of direct military rule. What kind of stability is that? Whatever words you can use to describe the leadership of Thailand over the last 60 years stable isn't one of them.
    In the past 60 years -- look at the strides Singapore has taken, or for that matter China in the last 30 years. Even more remarkable when one considers the "head start" Thailand should have gotten in the '60s, when most of the region was closed off due to communist regimes or outright war. The amount of cash that was poured into Thailand by the U.S. was incredible. All that advantage was squandered away as the powerful carved up the spoils.

  24. #24
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshiva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    You can't say, however, that he doesn't make some excellent points, particularly in reference to what defines 'stability'.
    Sure, but his "holier than you" attitude towards any poster who dares to disagree with him is getting a bit boring. There is a big difference between discussing a subject and preaching about it.....
    Says the guy who reacts like a shrill maiden aunt goosed by an usher at a funeral whenever anybody disagrees with him

    Disagreement, by the way is not discussing. I'm perfectly happy to discuss but discussion is hard to come by on TD. What we normally get here are flat statements with no back-up or context. If somebody has a point to make, particularly a social, political, or economic point, they shouldn't be surprised when they're called on it. When they're called on it they should be able to justify it with something other than their "feelings". If they can't then they shouldn't be surprised when their argument is treated with contempt.

  25. #25
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:59 AM
    Posts
    28,682
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    When they're called on it they should be able to justify it with something other than their "feelings". If they can't then they shouldn't be surprised when their argument is treated with contempt.
    BOb you seem to a very well read man and obviously have spent some time with your nose in books and basing your life on other peoples principle's and learnings.

    Your 14th century reference was very impressive to some here but I don't know many Thais or in fact farangs who abide by Occam's Razor directly and in their everyday life.

    My quotes here are based upon real life experiences and certainly I don't make up stories and to troll or upset people such as yourself. My direct "Loy Toy" real life experiences cannot be found by surfing the internet but certainly you may find some of my achievements here in Thailand by doing so.

    As far as I am concerned you have only ever "Called Me" on one instance and that was with regard to the Chinese Catholic of which I apologized.

    I would suggest very respectfully that you consider the opinions of those that have actually worked in this country, with the people and largely for the people and and also don't count your chickens and before they hatch and with your chest beating claim you win every debate.

    With regard to me debating Thai history or events with you (forget about it) as I would prefer to guage whats going down "NOW and TODAY" on the streets as my yardstick.

    You will see Thailand's history course radically change and within the next 5 years so keep your pencil sharpened and to take notes! That I know for sure and the yellow men will take a more dominate position here and even more so then what they retain today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •