View Poll Results: is stickman fcukin around?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course he is - he spends all his spare time in gogo bars doesnt he?

    6 42.86%
  • maybe the odd freebie boom boom here and there but mostly no - he is human after all

    5 35.71%
  • no way - he is completely sincere and faithfull

    0 0%
  • otter

    3 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    You are saying that he has no f clue so I am asking if you do?

    I mean for you to know that he has no clue implies that you do infact have a clue.

  2. #27
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 05:35 PM
    Posts
    420
    I'll give Stickman his due. He does disclaim his column by saying it is is his own opinion. As it is his opinion you are well within your rights to disagree with him here or anywhere.

    That he comes across like he has his head up his own arse is another thing altogether.

    He has gone or is still going through the classic stages of expathood. I bet we all know at least 10 people who fit the bill.

    Stage One: Starts off their life in Thailand in the bars or Bangkok and Pattaya shagging owt in sight and throws his money around like confetti.

    Stage 2: Starts dating the first Thai Girl he meets who isn't swinging from a pole or yaba-ed up to the eyeballs in Thermae and then bleats on to any sod who'll listen about how his missus isn't a bar girl.

    Stage 3: Gets a crappy teaching job as the money starts to run low so he can stay close to Tee Rak.

    Stage 4: Gets married after paying a hefty Sin Sot.

    Stage 5: Goes to Isaan to visit the in laws.

    Stage 6: Gets jealous of all of his mates who are still living it up in the bars each weekend.

    Stage 7: Begins to see himself as a pillar of the community who knows it all about Thailand because he's been to isaan.

    Stage 8: Begins slagging off the bar scene to any fvcker who will listen whilst propping up the bar or the Londoner/Dubliner/Any crap expat haunt which has a football team before heading off to Nana to have a good grope whilst tee rak sits at home getting fat on chocolates, bacardi breezers and lying on her arse watching Thai Soap operas.

  3. #28
    Northern Hermit
    friscofrankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiangmai, Thailand
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    And you guys do?
    This question kinda stuck in my craw so I'l reply.
    Yesterday mornin' went to bed about 6:00 Am after workin on a few projects most the night. Woke up about 11:00 AM after the mornin' ritual went out for a walk seekin' a smoke and a coffee. Ended up at a friends shop wth a couple Thai mechanics tryin' to work out an ignition problem on one of their scoots. Nice guys each one of 'em we worked through the problem found the issue and now the owner is unhappily lookin for a 10k Baht module.
    Walked a bit further and had a cup o' Joe with the German owner of a guest house/restaurant. Dudes and interesting guy, was roadie in the 70's. Now owns couple of restaurants in town.

    Spent the late afternoon in the market. Had a shot of lao khao with the locals, couple of them sour little fruits and some chili/crab paste salt/sugar dips it's ritual, kinda like the lime and salt with tequila.

    Bought some veggies and went home ad back to work. Now this doesn't make me an expert on Thailand, and definitely doesn't make me an expert on the goings on on Suk or Patpong. I do spend a fair amount of time off the venues of that type to say the dude writes shit about Thailand, hasn't a clue (doesn't appear to anyway) about Thailand outside of the BKK bar scene.

    What do I do? I live each day here as if I lived here. The bars are not my choice of a life. I will occasionally have a beer in a public house and Ieven enjoy bullshitting with the local girls.

    Not being a "Barfly" I am not interested in the least of he bar gossip, nor do I believe I need the services of a "negotiator," "Skip tracer" or some dude to tell me when a lady's cheating, or with whom.

    In many ways the dude preys on those unable to think or care for themselves. He's found his niche, but when I hear "stickman says" I tend to lose interest. Just another fella duped by the BS. Reading the site, you begin to see; outside of a very small area of Bangkok what the dude has to say has little or no weight.

    His write up on Chiangmai certainly pointed out that his thought of a decent place to go for relaxation and his measuring stick is how good the girlie bars are. And there he appears to still not understand what's up! His vulnerablity to the small-time hustles and games many uninformed tourist fall into are laughable.

    He panders to one segment of the market. His world is the bars. His site holds little or no interest for me, except when I am given "stickman wrote" as an argument in a discussion. When a dude uses this approach to make a point, he loses respect and credibility in my eyes. I may go and read the article in question only to reply. Each and every time am amazed at the crap he spouts.

    The dude has a market, he is probably more knowledgable about the happenings in and around the the "entertainment" venues in BKK. I think he should stick to that. When he goes "off piste" he's as lame as any newbie FOB.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -- T. Jefferson


  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    come off it FF, Stickman says that anyone who lives in Chiang Mai should be shot on sight

  5. #30
    Aspiring Guru
    poolcleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    Location
    pratunam
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    Quote Originally Posted by poolcleaner
    Dr. PP is Andrew Biggs.
    that is interesting Poolie

    so, who is Andrew Biggs?







    You know...That guy!!

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    Frisko Frankie, I take my hat off to you.

    I'll be honest mate - a lot of your posts I don't actually understand but that one was a great reply. I wrote what i did because i suppose I get sick of people accusing others of having no idea when it usually means that they think they are an expert.

    Your reply shows that while you don't think you are an expert you do have a good handle on things.

    Green spot coming up.
    News is what someone, somewhere is trying to suppress - everything else is just advertising.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    mad_dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    Posts
    5,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorfart
    I'll give Stickman his due. He does disclaim his column by saying it is is his own opinion. As it is his opinion you are well within your rights to disagree with him here or anywhere.

    That he comes across like he has his head up his own arse is another thing altogether.

    He has gone or is still going through the classic stages of expathood. I bet we all know at least 10 people who fit the bill.

    Stage One: Starts off their life in Thailand in the bars or Bangkok and Pattaya shagging owt in sight and throws his money around like confetti.

    Stage 2: Starts dating the first Thai Girl he meets who isn't swinging from a pole or yaba-ed up to the eyeballs in Thermae and then bleats on to any sod who'll listen about how his missus isn't a bar girl.

    Stage 3: Gets a crappy teaching job as the money starts to run low so he can stay close to Tee Rak.

    Stage 4: Gets married after paying a hefty Sin Sot.

    Stage 5: Goes to Isaan to visit the in laws.

    Stage 6: Gets jealous of all of his mates who are still living it up in the bars each weekend.

    Stage 7: Begins to see himself as a pillar of the community who knows it all about Thailand because he's been to isaan.

    Stage 8: Begins slagging off the bar scene to any fvcker who will listen whilst propping up the bar or the Londoner/Dubliner/Any crap expat haunt which has a football team before heading off to Nana to have a good grope whilst tee rak sits at home getting fat on chocolates, bacardi breezers and lying on her arse watching Thai Soap operas.
    He has this thing about repeatedly saying his wife is "hiso" even though he met her on Siam Girl a now defunct chat site which made bangkokchat look like family fun.

  8. #33
    Member
    ozman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    20-03-2013 @ 05:49 PM
    Location
    Lion in amongst a bunch of whinging crows
    Posts
    585
    I couldn't stop laughing at the weekly column where he couldn't believe why his wife threw his Nokia at him when she thought that he was phoning some other woman. My wife would have been throwing knives, not a bloody phone.
    Also those bullshit Star Submissions get me, all of them slag of Thailand and Thai women, actually they may have been sent in by a certain poster on here.

  9. #34

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorfart
    Stage 7: Begins to see himself as a pillar of the community who knows it all about Thailand because he's been to isaan.
    Hey that's me, I have been to Issan, damn what a dump, sod the real Thailand, I like the Disneyland for adults in Pattaya, Now that I do know a lot about rural life in Thailand my knowledge can be stuck on the back of a postage stamp

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    You are saying that he has no f clue so I am asking if you do?

    I mean for you to know that he has no clue implies that you do infact have a clue.
    nah i'm certainly not saying that - black kettle and all that shit comes to mind.

    i dislike his latest ramblings that suggest every bloke with a thia partner needs to look her up - check her phone and emails all the time etc etc

    from that i infer he is saying all thai women are innate hookers! - which i resent.

    i think his comments fuel suspicion and cause problems when it's not always needed or called for. anyway no need to carry on - FF answered the question far more eloqently than i

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    I agree King Willy, I personally dont agree with a lot Stickman says and your comment 'from that i infer he is saying all thai women are innate hookers! - which i resent.' is excately how i feel.

    It was just the comment not who it was made about.

  12. #37
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    He does come across as a total poseur. Not only his website is unfriendly for the eyes, but I could never see any wit in his rants. Maybe it's a language barrier thing I couldn't get.

    And to think that people swear by him. People have no clue. Maybe for holiday goers, it's a great site. His target audience is obviously the BangkokTonight.com forum posters.

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    I agree King Willy, I personally dont agree with a lot Stickman says and your comment 'from that i infer he is saying all thai women are innate hookers! - which i resent.' is excately how i feel.

    It was just the comment not who it was made about.
    ok then - no worries mate.

  14. #39
    Head Skivvie Stacker Storekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PACNORWEST
    Posts
    11,041
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock

    I wrote what i did because i suppose I get sick of people accusing others of having no idea when it usually means that they think they are an expert
    I like your train of thought MeMock. Kinda have an idea where you are going with this. Lots of these experts seems to think they're speccial cause they've lived in Thailand for 3-15+ consecutive years. I've never experienced that sort of thing recently but I've had plenty of experience observing similar people here in Japan. To me, first and foremost ... if you don't speak the local language at least at the 2nd grade level than you aren't even close to an expert rating. I say fuggem.

  15. #40
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    stickman's self promotion gags me. he has become a cariiacature.

  16. #41
    I am in Jail
    Smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    17-11-2019 @ 09:34 PM
    Location
    A charming yet pathetic country
    Posts
    4,397
    I dunno why anyone reads stickman's blog in detail. I scan it for any useful Bangkok news, but I'm completely uninterested in his opinions.

    To me, anyone who is married to a woman who is happy about him making part of the family income by going to watch then writing about and spying on gogobar women must be a nut.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat
    mad_dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    Posts
    5,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeg

    To me, anyone who is married to a woman who is happy about him making part of the family income by going to watch then writing about and spying on gogobar women must be a nut.
    good post by smeg. WOW

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat
    RandomChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    05-02-2016 @ 12:46 AM
    Location
    Riyadh
    Posts
    2,687
    Never really read his site, so can't really comment. I liked this though
    Stage 8: Begins slagging off the bar scene to any fvcker who will listen whilst propping up the bar or the Londoner/Dubliner/Any crap expat haunt which has a football team before heading off to Nana to have a good grope whilst tee rak sits at home getting fat on chocolates, bacardi breezers and lying on her arse watching Thai Soap operas.
    I dont really know anyone like it, but its funny in a piss taking sterotypoical sort of way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •