Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 313

Thread: Breakfast Wars

  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    6,114

    Breakfast Wars

    ^It's just one of the reasons Poms getting on the very first plane outta there to somewhere warm with decent food is the national dream.

  2. #2
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    As opposed to the culinary paradise Australians inhabit.


  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    As opposed to the culinary paradise Australians inhabit.
    Ever been there? Do you really want to compare what's available when it comes to year-round fresh produce and meat compared to what the average Pom is stuck with? Ever wondered why the Australian imported products we can get here cover everything from fruit/veg to beef/lamb, but about the only thing coming out of England is tinned beans and gravy powder?

    I spent more than enough time in England to know the difference and worked there at one time for Schlumberger, what's your experience in Oz?

  4. #4
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Ever been there? Do you really want to compare what's available when it comes to year-round fresh produce and meat compared to what the average Pom is stuck with? Ever wondered why the Australian imported products we can get here cover everything from fruit/veg to beef/lamb, but about the only thing coming out of England is tinned beans and gravy powder?

    I spent more than enough time in England to know the difference and worked there at one time for Schlumberger, what's your experience in Oz?
    British produce is some of the best in the world. It's a culinary paradise, which explains why modern British cooking is so good and why we have so many Michelin starred restaurants. What are you lot doing, Bruce? A can of 4X and a shit pie on the barbecue?

    The fact it tends to be a bit nippy, and we can't grow a fucking mango, doesn't make it any less so.

    Plus, it's Britain and we are considerably more cultured (and better) than you degenerate convict oiks.
    OLEgend

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    British produce is some of the best in the world.
    Yeah obviously, so good it's unavailable anywhere outside Britain and all kept for consumption in-house This would explain why the national dishes are an Indian curry, Chinese take-away, Turkish kebabs, and anything deep fried. Then there's English wine of course, the only reason we can't get it anywhere else is because it's also way too good to be exported . And those Michelin starred restaurants, they'd all be serving chips and an egg as their signature dish if imports of the best ingredients from around the world ever stopped.

    So it's all a bit like your cricket team really, without imports it's fucked

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Ever been there? Do you really want to compare what's available when it comes to year-round fresh produce and meat compared to what the average Pom is stuck with?
    All that shite Aussie meat you eat over there with it's huge shelf life is carcigenic and pumped full of steroids, antibiotics and growth hormones.


    Nearly half of Australia’s cattle is treated with growth hormones. Is it safe to eat? | Beef | The Guardian

    No 10 fails to guarantee keeping ban on hormone-injected beef in Australia trade deal | The Independent


    Your cows forced onto grains can't compete with far superior pasture fed British cattle.
    You fuckos would be better off going back to eating snakes and wombats like the abos.

  7. #7
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Yeah obviously, so good it's unavailable anywhere outside Britain and all kept for consumption in-house This would explain why the national dishes are an Indian curry, Chinese take-away, Turkish kebabs, and anything deep fried. Then there's English wine of course, the only reason we can't get it anywhere else is because it's also way too good to be exported . And those Michelin starred restaurants, they'd all be serving chips and an egg as their signature dish if imports of the best ingredients from around the world ever stopped.

    So it's all a bit like your cricket team really, without imports it's fucked
    Almost your whole nation has been imported. From our prisons.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    6,114
    Got a couple of live ablution-dodgers on the hook here today, just need Cyrille to join in before decideing which one is Moe

    Tell you what boys, when any of this wonderful fresh British produce you's seem to think only exists in Brittlestan ever makes it to the international stage we can talk more about it then. And no, frozen sausage rolls and tinned goods don't count.

  9. #9
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Ever been there?
    Yes, I worked in Sydney for 10 months and travelled south to Melbourne via Mollymook, and North to Byron Bay.

    The food was definitely no better than the UK.

    Idiots and the relatively poor ate shit, more discerning people (with a little more money) ate well - like in the UK.

    I get the feeling your reference point for food in the UK is the 1970s.

    You seem to eat more of it than I do too, or did you think battered fish, chips and sliced white bread with butter as a side originated in France. 'Cos the chef has a Michelin star.



    Either way - whether it's sport, food or whatever your shit's just outdated and tiresome.

  10. #10
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,207
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    which explains why modern British cooking is so good and why we have so many Michelin starred restaurants.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reg Dingle View Post
    All that shite Aussie meat you eat over there with it's huge shelf life is carcigenic and pumped full of steroids, antibiotics and growth hormones.
    Well at least they have not had mad cow disease...

    United Kingdom BSE outbreak - Wikipedia

    Breakfast Wars-660px-memorial_plaque_to_victims_of_vcjd-jpg

  11. #11
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    Got a couple of live ablution-dodgers on the hook here today, just need Cyrille to join in before decideing which one is Moe

    Tell you what boys, when any of this wonderful fresh British produce you's seem to think only exists in Brittlestan ever makes it to the international stage we can talk more about it then. And no, frozen sausage rolls and tinned goods don't count.
    Eh, headworx. I just Googled "Australian cuisine" and got this:

    Breakfast Wars-laugh-cry-social-emoticons-background-vector



  12. #12
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,207
    Breakfast Wars-32445252271_4095d0aad6_k-jpg


  13. #13
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    WTF has happened to the moderation here?

    Do any of you get this forum these days?

  14. #14
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post




    Well at least they have not had mad cow disease...

    United Kingdom BSE outbreak - Wikipedia

    Breakfast Wars-660px-memorial_plaque_to_victims_of_vcjd-jpg
    More of our ex-colonies getting lippy....

    ...but you lot really shouldn't be going there...

    Here's Why Most Most of the Meat Americans Eat Is Banned in Other Industrialized Countries - EcoWatch

  15. #15
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    Food isn’t just food in the States — it’s an obsession. Not only does Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake exist, it can be gawped at online. The Krispy Kreme website features a five-minute video with a jaunty electronic soundtrack showing rows of little doughnuts browning slowly on a conveyor belt, before being lovingly glazed, bought and eaten. Food even provides whole states with a sense of history and identity — Midwestern towns fight over titles like ‘home of the peanut’, ‘birthplace of the corndog’, ‘Krispy Kreme Kountry’.








    etc etc...


    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/american-food-sucks

  16. #16
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,207
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    More of our ex-colonies getting lippy....
    Pipe down limey, we massacred you redcoats and sent you lot packing back across the Atlantic.


  17. #17
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    Breakfast Wars-ummm-what-jpg



    Breakfast Wars-worst_foods_ever_in_america-jpg


    Breakfast Wars-hamburgerzes-jpg



    Breakfast Wars-oh-jesus-scrapple-jpg

  18. #18
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    7,312
    Bloomberg’s Global Health Index For 2020
    | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News


    America did not even break the top 30 on this index which was primarily due to obesity continuing to plague the nation.

    https://www.careersingovernment.com/tools/gov-talk/career-advice/why-is-the-us-so-unhealthy/

    The causes of obesity in America are well known: A poor diet, with too much consumption of packaged and processed food, which is not as well regulated as it ought to be; too many fast food meals; and low levels of exercise.

    Breakfast Wars-71i6t-7ao2l-jpg


  19. #19
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,207
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    ...but you lot really shouldn't be going there...
    I am not one of the poors. I go to the butcher and get local beef, chicken and pork that is organically raised.

    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    The causes of obesity in America are well known
    America is two countries at this point. All those fat asses who eat all the shit food you are talking about live in the midwest and south. If I am correct neither of you has ever visited America.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Pipe down limey...

  21. #21
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Pipe down limey, we massacred you redcoats and sent you lot packing back across the Atlantic.

    Can you stop shooting each other now then?

  22. #22
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,207
    We got them triggered

  23. #23
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    America is two countries at this point.
    If so then both of them are famed for off the scale obesity ... oh and sportswear.

    Worn by people who think guzzling hotdogs is a sport.


  24. #24
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,207
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Can you stop shooting each other now then?

  25. #25
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,693
    Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake


Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •