View Poll Results: Which Covd-19 Vaccine have you had?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moderna

    8 9.88%
  • Pfizer-BioNTech

    31 38.27%
  • Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)

    0 0%
  • Astra-Zeneca

    32 39.51%
  • Russian Sputnik - umm - 'vaccine'

    3 3.70%
  • Chinese Sinovac - umm - 'vaccine'

    4 4.94%
  • Any 'new' vaccines not mentioned above

    3 3.70%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 706
  1. #26
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Word on the street is Bumrungrad is selling Pfizer for an extortionate amount and because it hasn't been approved by the Thai gov no insurance will cover it anyway.
    Most likely a scam. Pfizer and Moderna need super deep freezers and can not be exposed for many hours.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    Mandaloopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    27-11-2021 @ 10:01 AM
    Location
    ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠤᠯᠤᠰ
    Posts
    2,822
    Second round of Sputnik on the first weekend of April. Looking forward to it and hopefully more chance of a break from Mongolia for a couple of weeks. These lockdowns are doing my head in now.

  3. #28
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandaloopy View Post
    Second round of Sputnik on the first weekend of April.
    Glad to hear you are doing well and having the second dose.

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Word on the street is Bumrungrad is selling Pfizer for an extortionate amount and because it hasn't been approved by the Thai gov no insurance will cover it anyway. We've been told we won't get a vaccine until at least after the summer.
    I thought the gov approved private purchase already?

    If they do have it, it will be legally and above board as that’s the biggest and most respected hospital in Thailand.

    But yeah expensive no doubt. If I was there I’d pay for it for me and the wife.

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    81,179
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Word on the street is Bumrungrad is selling Pfizer for an extortionate amount and because it hasn't been approved by the Thai gov no insurance will cover it anyway. We've been told we won't get a vaccine until at least after the summer.
    I doubt it since it's illegal but I'm sure they are "lobbying" (*cough*) hard.

    The concerns that some vaccines may not be approved were furthered this week after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha posted on his social media page on Sunday that he will not risk vaccinating Thai people with a vaccine that has not been properly tested.
    “For Thai people, I decided not to take that risk,” he said.
    Prayut was referring to countries that were already injecting its citizens with vaccines “that might not have been thoroughly tested for safety.” We will not be a country that experiments on its citizens, the prime minister said.
    According to a senior doctor at Bumrungrad Hospital, this effectively pushes the country towards the Chinese-made Sinovacs vaccine or to wait for the Crown Property Bureau-owned Siam Bioscience to produce a locally made version of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine.
    ”The government’s statements and the slow pace of the FDA means that unless you’re willing to wait until Q3 or Q4 of this year, your only vaccine options will be SinoVacs or Siam Bioscience,” the source said.
    “I think most private high-end hospitals would like to bring in the other vaccines but logistics and worry over regulation hassle means we will likely have to order closer to home first.”
    Thailand is “months away” from privately distributed vaccines despite millions of orders - Thai Enquirer

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,207
    For Thai people, I decided not to take that risk,”

    but a couple of days ago there was a photo of him proudly getting a shot of the az vaccine.



  7. #32
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    81,179
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Most likely a scam. Pfizer and Moderna need super deep freezers and can not be exposed for many hours.
    Try and keep up snubby.

    The BioNTech/Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine no longer needs to be kept at ultra-low temperatures colder than the Antarctic winter, according to new results that will allow distribution to be dramatically expanded to doctors’ clinics, pharmacies and more remote regions.
    Stability data, which the companies have submitted to the US regulator, show the shot can be kept at normal medical freezer temperatures of minus 15 degrees to minus 25 degrees for up to two weeks, compared with the previous required storage conditions of between minus 60 degrees and minus 80 degrees.
    Pfizer vaccine no longer needs to be stored at ultra-low temperatures – data

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    81,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I thought the gov approved private purchase already?

    If they do have it, it will be legally and above board as that’s the biggest and most respected hospital in Thailand.

    But yeah expensive no doubt. If I was there I’d pay for it for me and the wife.
    A hospital was advertising back in December and the government were all over them like a cheap suit.

    I believe a hospital or two has been "taking bookings" without naming the vaccine.

    And one organisation says it has ordered a million sinovacs but that's like ordering a million dog turds innit.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    81,179
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    First time I think it's better to be in SA than NZ . . .
    Yes, being in the Middle East doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

    And we have beer and bacon.


  10. #35
    Thailand Expat russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The BioNTech/Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine no longer needs to be kept at ultra-low temperatures colder than the Antarctic winter, according to new results that will allow distribution to be dramatically expanded to doctors’ clinics, pharmacies and more remote regions.
    Stability data, which the companies have submitted to the US regulator, show the shot can be kept at normal medical freezer temperatures of minus 15 degrees to minus 25 degrees for up to two weeks, compared with the previous required storage conditions of between minus 60 degrees and minus 80 degrees.
    There should be a second label on the container stating "This is an off label use".

    What a massive pile of political nonsense. Here, there and everyway.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    81,179
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson View Post
    There should be a second label on the container stating "This is an off label use".

    What a massive pile of political nonsense. Here, there and everyway.
    What on earth are you on about?

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Posts
    1,498
    We had a big samoozle here in Canada Harry.

    The Pfizer bottle was labelled as containing five doses. But the Pfizer folks suddenly decided there in fact, was six doses. The government refused comment for about three days when suddenly we were informed that the bottle did in fact contain six doses. Pfizer quickly changed the label and the peasants were again happy and contented. These sorts of thing incline me to be sceptical about the entire program.

    In terms of your shot, good luck.

    As for me I managed to get the Pfizer shot but once again will not get the booster for who knows how long. I'm hearing four months booted around nowadays
    Deputy Teak Door Contrarian

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson View Post
    We had a big samoozle here in Canada Harry.

    The Pfizer bottle was labelled as containing five doses. But the Pfizer folks suddenly decided there in fact, was six doses. The government refused comment for about three days when suddenly we were informed that the bottle did in fact contain six doses. Pfizer quickly changed the label and the peasants were again happy and contented. These sorts of thing incline me to be sceptical about the entire program.

    In terms of your shot, good luck.

    As for me I managed to get the Pfizer shot but once again will not get the booster for who knows how long. I'm hearing four months booted around nowadays
    I am not sure if this is correct, but I think the discrepancy was do to the fact that the initial syringes could only extract five doses, then new more efficient syringes were developed that extracted six doses.
    I remember reading something about that.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,207
    the 5 dose/6 dose mix up is dependent on the design of the syringe used.

    ‚ Use a new, sterile needle and syringe for each
    injection. Use low dead-volume syringes/needles
    to extract 6 doses from a single vial. If sufficient
    low-dead volume syringes are not available,
    withdraw vaccine using a combination of low
    dead-volume syringes and non-low dead-volume
    syringes per vial (e.g., 4 low dead-volume syringes
    and 2 non-low dead-volume syringes).
    some syringes, when the plunger is fully depressed will still contain some liquid, but using a low dead volume syringe and a narrow needle will mean less liquid needs to be loaded, and the full amount can be injected, thereby reducing wastage and enabling 6 doses to be extracted from each vial.


    http://https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/downloads/prep-and-admin-summary.pdf

  15. #40
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    3,565
    Interesting info "Painless Pete"!

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Posts
    1,498
    Thanks for the clarification BB and TE.
    I do remember all that.

    Many minds make easy work.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat
    Simon43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Location
    Luang Prabang
    Posts
    3,293
    The Sinovac that was donated to Laos last week is being distributed, but those over 60 (me) have been advised that it's not suitable. However, Covax donated 130,000 doses of AZ vaccine this morning at Wattay Airport. The Lao health authorities said that the over 60's will get vaccinated next month, free of course for all, including expats
    Groping women when you're old is fine - everyone thinks you're senile

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    81,179
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson View Post
    We had a big samoozle here in Canada Harry.

    The Pfizer bottle was labelled as containing five doses. But the Pfizer folks suddenly decided there in fact, was six doses. The government refused comment for about three days when suddenly we were informed that the bottle did in fact contain six doses. Pfizer quickly changed the label and the peasants were again happy and contented. These sorts of thing incline me to be sceptical about the entire program.
    Why?


    In terms of your shot, good luck.

    As for me I managed to get the Pfizer shot but once again will not get the booster for who knows how long. I'm hearing four months booted around nowadays
    Who from?

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat
    strigils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    cerne abbas
    Posts
    2,081
    Who has received which Covid-19 vaccine-20210320_094323-jpg

  20. #45
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,181
    Got my second jab of Moderna a day ago, so I am all done. Now just two weeks until full efficacy.

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Got my second jab of Moderna a day ago, so I am all done. Now just two weeks until full efficacy.
    What reason did you use to be able to get in front of the elderly and medical workers? Alcoholism and asthma aren’t considered valid reasons and you aren’t old enough yet.

  22. #47
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    What reason did you use to be able to get in front of the elderly and medical workers?
    My state is better run than your shithole. The medical workers have been done since the end of January. Regarding the elderly they are mostly done too. I really do not want to say more than that since you are a total douche bag who tried to dox me.

    But yes shit bird I am vaccinated. If you had actually spent time here with the good peeps you would know why I got my shots early.

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Right.

  24. #49
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Right.
    Why are you still here snowflake? You got destroyed in the Biden thread, and you really are making a buffoon of yourself mister 5.0.

    Just curious why did you take your repo private?


  25. #50
    Thailand Expat russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    the 5 dose/6 dose mix up is dependent on the design of the syringe used.

    ‚ Use a new, sterile needle and syringe for each
    injection. Use low dead-volume syringes/needles
    to extract 6 doses from a single vial. If sufficient
    low-dead volume syringes are not available,
    withdraw vaccine using a combination of low
    dead-volume syringes and non-low dead-volume
    syringes per vial (e.g., 4 low dead-volume syringes
    and 2 non-low dead-volume syringes).
    some syringes, when the plunger is fully depressed will still contain some liquid, but using a low dead volume syringe and a narrow needle will mean less liquid needs to be loaded, and the full amount can be injected, thereby reducing wastage and enabling 6 doses to be extracted from each vial.
    Yes TE. That's a good explanation of what the situation was.

    Thanks for posting.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •