Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78
  1. #1
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701

    Thailand's negative stigma with the normies

    I thought this topic would go well with the " what attracted you to Thailand post" Because after you get the hook, you are confronted with this question.

    What do you tell some close minded suburban normie fucks who think you are some perv for having any association with Thailand or east Asia in general ?

    I was a young backpacker at the start so that's my excuse.

    It's something you can never really get away from. But this reputation is on the wane in a way.

    So many young people , boys and girls come and have a blast. They spread the word. And ppl are starting to realize that there is something special about east Asia and its not just the whoring.

    A friend of mine had some pretty boring travel trips so I told him to go to Thailand. He went with his girlfriend. He went out of his way to thank me because he had such a good time.

    There is also the beach bum angle. I really do like it for the whole package. Which admittedly included the ladies.

    At the end of the day I just don't care. This is my life and I couldn't give a f-ck what any normie loser who's stuck forever in the small world thinks.

    As time goes on, white and Asian couples and traveling to East Asia is becoming more acceptable in normie circles. But it's hard to gauge. In some situations , you mention Thailand and someone might start telling you how great of a time they just had there. But other times , you get the snigger.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Normie


    A person gravitating to social standards, accepted practices, and fads of their own time & geographic grouping without broader cultural perspectives from which they draw.

    Normies possess a lack of interest in ideas not easily accessible or being outside of their/society's current range of acceptance. A straight. A follower.

    Most normies adopt a "popularity is the only measure of good or bad" mindset at an early age.

    Normies typically have a sense of cultural superiority over "counter culture" movements & foreign cultures. They will often try to discredit out cultures or choices falling outside of their majority think claiming those of other dispositions are mentally ill or out of touch with reality. Most normies don't believe they are so. A deep generational delusion has since persisted -allowing them to believe they are defying a system of social rules long since defunct.

    This group can easily be molded to suit virtually any desired value system. In Americas capitalist system, normies have been adapted to consume whats easily attainable with little to no resistance. Popular is good. Therefore all that has been perceived to be vetted by their peers then is accepted.
    Last edited by Backspin; 24-08-2020 at 07:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    I came here as a backpacker the first time,with UK GF,never did the whoring part then,just loved the culture and people.

    Stereotyping seems to be the norm nowadays not just with Thais.

  3. #3
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I came here as a backpacker the first time,with UK GF,never did the whoring part then,just loved the culture and people.

    Stereotyping seems to be the norm nowadays not just with Thais.
    Yep. The normies have nothing better to do.

    I was at a barbecue with an X girlfriend and we were talking about where we've traveled. I mentioned Thailand as one of the places I've been , and some dipshit sitting across from the fire , started sniggering and rolling his eyes. What a twat. I guess I should have lied and left Thailand out. I dunno

    East Asia is also popular with the 21st century Flapper tramps. There's this one friend of a fiend 27 years old ,who goes to Vietnam a couple times a year. Asked why Vietnam and she said because it fits with her personality.
    Last edited by Backspin; 23-08-2020 at 09:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I mentioned Thailand as one of the places I've been , and some dipshit sitting across from the fire , started sniggering and rolling his eyes.
    Saw through you straight away then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Being a monger , there is some boring times. But in the moment , when you are out at night , it is magical.

  5. #5
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Saw through you straight away then.
    I am tall , in shape & clean cut. Most people think I'm a decent guy. It wasn't about me. It's only because I said Thailand.

    But I'm sure everyone thinks you are associated with Thailand for all the right reasons

    He was a stereotyping piece of shit that would have roasted you for the same reason
    Last edited by Backspin; 23-08-2020 at 10:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    70,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I am tall , in shape & clean cut. Most people think I'm a decent guy.

  7. #7
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    In cyber space , I admit to being a sleaze. I have my reasons. But in meat space , I don't look the part

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    Backspin, Harry is classified as stereotypical over 50's monger,that's been coming to Thailand for his debauchery holiday for the last 20yrs+,hence why the stigma regarding Thailand goes around.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Backspin, Harry is classified as stereotypical over 50's monger,that's been coming to Thailand for his debauchery holiday for the last 20yrs+,hence why the stigma regarding Thailand goes around.
    With you and backspin in Thailand, the IQ levels would seriously plummet.

    You said on the other thread that you met a woman who scaled fish for a living when you first arrived in Thailand.

    With all those years spent toiling in the fields with a a limited education, no doubt unable to read or write her native language and being paid a pittance too for her menial work, you must have felt pretty intimidated stepping up a social class, you thick scouse twat.

  10. #10
    The Bestest Expat Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Location
    Inside your head
    Posts
    5,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    So many young people , boys and girls come and have a blast. They spread the word. And ppl are starting to realize that there is something special about east Asia and its not just the whoring.
    Thailand, Cambo, Vietnam and up until the humanitarian issues came to light, Myanmar were the hip, cool places for the youngsters to travel pre-covid. I still get the snickering and rolling of eyes from the older set when I mention I lived in Thailand. That's from the ones who actually know the difference between Thailand and Taiwan. I've yet to have any of the younger set ask me if I speak Taiwanese yet.
    Dear Anti-vaxers: Enjoy your free trial.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    With you and backspin in Thailand, the IQ levels would seriously plummet.

    You said on the other thread that you met a woman who scaled fish for a living when you first arrived in Thailand.

    With all those years spent toiling in the fields with a a limited education, no doubt unable to read or write her native language and being paid a pittance too for her menial work, you must have felt pretty intimidated stepping up a social class, you thick scouse twat.
    Triggered Manc

    You make things up as you go along silly manc, left all the stuff behind me about scouser's and Manc's when i was a toddler,pity you can't do the same,shows your level of ignorance.
    Last edited by Chico; 24-08-2020 at 02:00 AM.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Triggered Manc

    You make things up as you go along silly manc, left all the stuff behind me about scouser's and Manc's when i was a toddler,pity you can't do the same,shows your level of ignorance.
    It's a shame you left behind what little you had of an education.

    By the way, thanks for the green you useless cnut.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    That's it love, keep on, bet you're one of the ex-SAS in Thailand funny how they all seem to be from Manchester.

    love sending greens to silly sausages.........

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    That's it love, keep on, bet you're one of the ex-SAS in Thailand funny how they all seem to be from Manchester.

    love sending greens to silly sausages.........
    Just stop now, you retard. You're not doing yourself any favours when you touch the keyboard.

    You're just too stupid.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    that sounds like threatening talk lovey.

    must be your training coming into action

    toddle off and BS someone else, or are you really in Manchester and pretending to be an expat...........

  16. #16
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Just stop now, you retard. You're not doing yourself any favours when you touch the keyboard.

    You're just too stupid.
    Accidentally greened you. Driving while posting. Anyways F off
    Last edited by Backspin; 24-08-2020 at 03:18 AM.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    Same crew constantly stirring problems,seems they no like tongue in cheek humour even though its not directed at them.

    A thread about Thailand and what do they do,same old same.

  18. #18
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Thailand, Cambo, Vietnam and up until the humanitarian issues came to light, Myanmar were the hip, cool places for the youngsters to travel pre-covid. I still get the snickering and rolling of eyes from the older set when I mention I lived in Thailand. That's from the ones who actually know the difference between Thailand and Taiwan. I've yet to have any of the younger set ask me if I speak Taiwanese yet.
    Has any of the older clowns asked you any weird questions or is it all just hush

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Simon43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Location
    Luang Prabang
    Posts
    3,009
    I never get any negative vibes about living in south-east Asia, because I never visit back to 'the West'. Anyway, I don't give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks of me about anything.

    Candi feels the same ..... she doesn't give a f*ck

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    in meat space
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    normie
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    monger
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    normie loser

    These names are weird. On a another thread you were blathering on about incels. What does this say about your state of mind? Nothing good.

  21. #21
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    These names are weird. On a another thread you were blathering on about incels. What does this say about your state of mind? Nothing good.
    I just added a comprehensive Normie definition to the original post. For a normie like you.

  22. #22
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon43 View Post
    I never get any negative vibes about living in south-east Asia, because I never visit back to 'the West'. Anyway, I don't give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks of me about anything.

    Candi feels the same ..... she doesn't give a f*ck
    Good answer.

    I forget who Candi is though. LB, inflatable or both ? JK. Or just your significant other ?

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,561
    Don't think anyone I know falls under the "Normie" definition as posted and for the most part think its great I live and work in Thailand, some tell me they wish they could do the same.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Backspin, Harry is classified as stereotypical over 50's monger,that's been coming to Thailand for his debauchery holiday for the last 20yrs+,hence why the stigma regarding Thailand goes around.
    I see Chico's at the controls of the Project-O-Matic 3000 again.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I just added a comprehensive Normie definition to the original post. For a normie like you.

    More Urban dictionary.

    Grow up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •