Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 547
  1. #451
    Isle of Discombobulation
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,278
    Ok Wally, fair enough.

    What we need is a bucket list of 100 things to do to change your life around.
    C'mon members of Teakdoor let's get those suggestions in!

    1, Go surfing.
    2, A different diet.
    3, .....

  2. #452
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,808
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    You are not qualified to be making those sorts of statements.

    Your motivations are suspect and even if they were legit it's reckless at best.
    Piss off, troll.

    I suffer from Winter depression and have been reading about it for the last 22 years, not to mention the various professionals I have seen.

  3. #453
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    Piss off, troll.

    I suffer from Winter depression and have been reading about it for the last 22 years, not to mention the various professionals I have seen.
    Does this Winter depression make you suicidal? Have you publicly talked about killing yourself?

  4. #454
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    I suffer from Winter depression and have been reading about it for the last 22 years, not to mention the various professionals I have seen.
    If they haven't solved your "winter" depression in 22 years, it isn't winter depression, you're just a wanker.

    Winter in Brisbane.

  5. #455
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,808
    Thanks for revealing your true selves.

  6. #456
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 AM
    Posts
    5,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    I suffer from Winter depression
    It's actually called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) for those that want to read up a bit more about Winter-onset SAD

  7. #457
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,808
    And it has not much to do with how cold the Winter is : it is due to shorter days.


    Picket has certainly outed himself as an utter jerk.....though I knew that already.

  8. #458
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    Picket has certainly outed himself as an utter jerk.....though I knew that already.
    Thought I was on ignore? Curtain twitcher.

    Seriously though, do you think that someone with an unresolved depression issue for 22 years, is the best person to help somebody else solve theirs?

  9. #459
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    If they haven't solved your "winter" depression in 22 years, it isn't winter depression, you're just a wanker.

    Winter in Brisbane.


  10. #460
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,808
    Pickel's offering to this forum :


    True Love: Have you ever had it?-snot-jpg

  11. #461
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Posts
    18,488
    ^ Sometimes its better to just let things drop. You avoid coming off like this..

    True Love: Have you ever had it?-unnamed-2-jpg

  12. #462
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Posts
    18,488
    #464 (True Love: Have you ever had it?)

    Started the trolling when in your SAD mood you began to troll pickel. Simple...

  13. #463
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,334
    two weeks ago i posted this....

    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    well, i've just received a PM which insists that this thread is not a troll.

    i still have my doubts....but if it's legit.....

    wally, go seek professional help from a psychiatrist, psychologist or counselor.

    that's the best advice you're going to get on this thread because no one here is qualified to help someone with the issues you're dealing with.

    15 pages later and my opinions haven't changed in the slightest.

  14. #464
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    13-08-2020 @ 10:13 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    Piss off, troll.

    I suffer from Winter depression and have been reading about it for the last 22 years, not to mention the various professionals I have seen.
    Winter depression? WTF is that. And its lasted 22 years ?

  15. #465
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    Winter depression? WTF is that. And its lasted 22 years ?
    An excuse for his personality?

  16. #466
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    13-08-2020 @ 10:13 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,737
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    #464 (True Love: Have you ever had it?)

    Started the trolling when in your SAD mood you began to troll pickel. Simple...
    It must be bloody nippy in brisbane at the end of june. Fooking SAD for sure

  17. #467
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    13-08-2020 @ 10:13 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,737
    Well..if anything i hope LD,s posts are at least cheering ole mate wally up. Wally..just when you thought YOU were fucked up? along comes a dude who practices buddhism, throws porridge bowls at his wife dobs in his mates chinese student housemate to immigration gets SAD in winter in brisbane for the last 22 years. Im.not making light of your situation wally as you come across as a genuine geezer. LD on the other hand is quite simply a coont. Put him.on ignore

  18. #468
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    Put him.on ignore
    But then he will miss all the hilarity.

  19. #469
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,020
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    Put him.on ignore
    That about sums it up.


  20. #470
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    30,057
    Someone living in Brisbane (where I lived for a long time ) complaining about getting SAD in Brisbanes bright sunny blue sky (but admittedly mildly cool for a couple of weeks ) winters is hilarious.
    SAD affects people in the far northern or southern zones where winters are long and cold and grey and miserable and lack of sunshine literally depletes the body's vitamin D and gives people pallow skin and warts.
    If we stop testing right now wed have very few cases, if any. Donald J Trump.

  21. #471
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,128
    Consider the source

  22. #472
    Member
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    Ok Wally, fair enough.

    What we need is a bucket list of 100 things to do to change your life around.
    C'mon members of Teakdoor let's get those suggestions in!

    1, Go surfing.
    2, A different diet.
    3, .....


    4. Dance naked under the moonlight
    5. Eat a 9ft sub from Subway
    6. Watch something funny and laugh your ass off
    .....

  23. #473
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Gaslightingshire
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    4. Dance naked under the moonlight
    5. Eat a 9ft sub from Subway
    6. Watch something funny and laugh your ass off
    .....
    Coming out with rubbish like this only highlights your complete and utter ignorance of what depression does to someone and how they feel.

    The only thing he need prioritise now is getting help from professionals who actually know what the fuck they are talking about. Suggesting watching cat videos, eating sandwiches, dancing naked, or reading bullshit religious snippets of 'enlightenment' will only get him one place, and it's not the place where he needs to be.

    And I don't mean that as a personal dig at you, it's a general observation about the advice being given in this thread in the main.

  24. #474
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,128
    Agreed, where does this general pop psychology bullshit come from?

  25. #475
    Member
    MarilynMonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    Coming out with rubbish like this only highlights your complete and utter ignorance of what depression does to someone and how they feel.

    The only thing he need prioritise now is getting help from professionals who actually know what the fuck they are talking about. Suggesting watching cat videos, eating sandwiches, dancing naked, or reading bullshit religious snippets of 'enlightenment' will only get him one place, and it's not the place where he needs to be.

    And I don't mean that as a personal dig at you, it's a general observation about the advice being given in this thread in the main.
    If you read my other posts you will see I take it seriously. I've also worked with troubled teenagers as a counsellor. I was just thinking that he can try to get his mind off things by changing what he does. I don't think it is a bad idea at all. Even if at the moment he can't do it , maybe in the future a change is needed.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •